Code of Conduct

Default Anyone tried Ferrari Essence Musk eau de parfum?

The note pyramid on this one sounds really interesting. This is what described on Fragrantica:

"Ferrari Essence Musk offers a combination that with its sophistication and luxury describes the details and strict selection of the best and most precious ingredients preferred by Ferrari. The composition is built around white musk, while accentuating the comfort of a Ferrari interior, its sensual curves and the powerful engine of the motor. Top notes provide white grapefruit as the most precious grapefruit sort, combined with sea notes and beautiful, fresh, juicy and green mandarin leaves. The most dominant notes in the heart are nutmeg, white mint, water melon and lavender, while the base incorporates vetiver bourbon, amber, cedar and fresh, sensual white musk."
    Currently wearing: Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

Banned

Default Re: Anyone tried Ferrari Essence Musk eau de parfum?

vs other essence?

Banned

musk is rather generic.Its bright but meh to me. Try oud/silver and vetiver or if you like fresh try neroli...neroil would be nice in summer.

I owned it for a while and I'm pretty sure I sold it. I don't find Essence Musk generic, in fact I actually think it's really unique. It's like a very bright, crystalline futuristic musk with a hint of rubber or some kind of synthetic vinyl underneath and a little fruitiness in the opening (like a watermelon or something). Something about it reminds me of tiny shards of glass reflecting in a bright light. But even though I find it kind of interesting and unique, I didn't really like wearing it. It smells like it was produced in a laboratory or something, and that's kind of conveyed while wearing it--metal, sterile, synthetic, white, silver, and cold...

I kind of like it, but wouldn't recommend it, and don't really have any interest in wearing it again.
    Last edited by Buysblind; 25th January 2018 at 04:07 PM.
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

Banned

Well thats the beauty of a forum and generic is subjective. I will say that the ferrari essence line is a great line for ferrari. Cant say the same for the mercedes vip line but many guiys here love that line too. The club extreme by mercedes is decent of the that bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by conkhi View Post
    Well thats the beauty of a forum and generic is subjective. I will say that the ferrari essence line is a great line for ferrari. Cant say the same for the mercedes vip line but many guiys here love that line too. The club extreme by mercedes is decent of the that bunch.

Yeah the Mercedes line is pretty ho hum overall too, but I think Black Leather is really nice, and Addictive Oriental is good (it smells a lot like Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint). But again, you could do better, you could do worse.
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

Banned

yea for $20 a bottle the vip line is good for office scent guys or nice smelling suit guys who dont want to smell forceful. Not my thing..i like loud fragrances so that is my main criteria...hate skin scents period.So not to say the vip line is bad really..they smell great but not enough in your face like i want and like. Same for many new fragrances i test out.So my meh or generic likely is another guys wow or great fragrance.I am being totaly honest here.