Code of Conduct

Default Does [07 Tanoke (2011) by Odin New York] smell like [Tokyo by Kenzo] ?

Who knows anything about 07 Tanoke (2011) by Odin New York

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Does [07 Tanoke (2011) by Odin New York] smell like [Tokyo by Kenzo] ?

To answer your thread question, not to my nose. I have tried the former and own the latter and don't perceive any similarity.

(3111)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Does [07 Tanoke (2011) by Odin New York] smell like [Tokyo by Kenzo] ?

hednic, which fragrance did you like more?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by TokyobyKenzo View Post
    hednic, which fragrance did you like more?
    For me, the Kenzo by far.

(3112)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I'm a big fan of Tokyo by Kenzo, and I have to say this - if you like the drydown, then you are basically smelling almost pure guaiac wood. I got some pure guaiac (a buttery solid that melts near room temperature), and diluted it in perfumer's alcohol. It smells like powerhouse Tokyo by Kenzo drydown.

BTW - the 1.7 oz Tokyo by Kenzo is only $43 at Fragrancenet.com with the 15% coupon, which is not bad at all. There are also a few on Amazon. Fragrancenet has a 20% coupon this weekend, too.

There are also both big and small bottles of Tokyo at Beauty Encounter, and they have a 20% off sale for MLK day, with code MLKDAY20.

I checked the Kenzo site - Tokyo is gone. My guess is that it got nailed by 2014 IFRA. Like I've been saying for a variety of fragrances since the beginning of the year.....

BUY.
    Last edited by Redneck Perfumisto; 18th January 2014 at 05:01 AM. Reason: BeautyEncounter added
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    it got nailed by 2014 IFRA
    I didn't get it