Code of Conduct

Default Could my bottle be damaged from the winter cold?

I got my package of 24 gold today. usps usually just leaves packages outside my house but my tenants usually put it inside the house when they see my name on it as i do for them so its not out in the open.i just got home and it said the package was delivered this morning at 11 12 am so about 12 hours later now. It was in my hallway which still gets very cold so i dont know how long it was outside in the cold. it was about 10 degrees out today and is currently 18 fahrenheit. I opened up the brown packaging and the box out of the bubble wrap, proceeded to open the cellophane and the bottle was extrememly frosted like a fogged up car window. It was also very cold to the touch, feels like and ice cube on your face haha. Can my juice be damages in these conditions? I also plan on getting a wine cooler or mini fridge to put my expensive frags in to preserve them because my collection is growing to be about 40 bottles now.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Could my bottle be damaged from the winter cold?

I think you should be fine. It seems to have been packaged well. Just let it sit out in room temperature a while.

(3373)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Should be ok, let the bottle thaw before wearing, haha.

(3374)

haha the juice was still swishing around so im glad it wasnt frozen

Alcohol doesn't freeze!

Banned
    Blog Entries

I've had mailed bottles sit out in the cold with no problem. I haven't noticed any scents go bad with extreme temperatures, but leaky caps can cause evaporation even at room temp. That's the only thing that has ruined some of my bottles (decants).

You'll be fine....and enjoy this awesome juice.

Don't worry about it. Imagine the extreme conditions that same bottle had to endure making it's way from the seller to your house. And from the distributor to the seller. And from the manufacture to distributor. And so on...
    "I am more afraid of an army of 100 Sheep led by a Lion than an army of 100 Lions led by a Sheep."
    Currently wearing: Vétiver by Christian Dior

Nah, cold is totally fine....much better than if it had been sitting out in 100+ degree weather all day!

I've been doing this for many years and have had bottles sit in the frigid weather waiting for me to get home. I've never had any issues.

I also store in a refrigerator on the lowest setting and I recommend that route if you are interested.

im planning to buy a wine cooler and or not keep it on but just to have a cool dark place to always keep my frags because im running out of room in my room to store them. Especially for a few of my more expensive frags like odin 01 and creed original santal as well as my vintage dhi.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Nah, cold is totally fine....much better than if it had been sitting out in 100+ degree weather all day!
    + 1

freezing point of alcohols is about -173 F....so you have about -100F more to go before I would even worry about it.

I've being using my 24Gold, 20ml decant had for about $13.usd and boy "This stuff is good" and can't believe the price for a full bottle. This 24Gold should be worth 5 times as much in comparison to similar frags and their pricing ...will definitely buy a FB when done with my 20ml I've being rocky plenty lately and btw your bottle should be fine....enjoy
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

yea dude I know exactly what you mean. I applied this stuff at 1 30 am and it is now 11:15 am and I can still get tiny little whiffs of it here and there. I put on 2 sprays on each side of my neck, 1 spray on my adams apple area and 1 spray on each wrist. It may seem like that's too much but I don't have great longevity on my skin with almost any fragrance unless its original Angel men or 1million so i spray my clothes like i always say. This time i didn't spray and on my clothes and this is such a shock! My friend till about 6 am goes to me "How many sprays did you use?". He said he could smell constantly from like 5 feet away just standing around or sitting around in the cold. This really seems underrated probably because it has a tv show as the name and nobody would expect too much from it. I litereally got 3 slight blasts from this stuff up my nose while typing this and is seem to be getting tired of this haha.

Also if anyone here has every tasted the Crystal light packets or mix flavor Cherry Pomegranate, it smells and reminds me of how that stuff tastes although this smells a lot like raspberry jam. Love this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    Also if anyone here has every tasted the Crystal light packets or mix flavor Cherry Pomegranate, it smells and reminds me of how that stuff tastes although this smells a lot like raspberry jam. Love this stuff.
    Man that sounds amazing, I really need to get some of this! So it is sweet then? I like fruity stuff and was worried this would be uber masculine and smoky with it having oud in it and all.
    Last edited by bigbz; 24th January 2014 at 08:12 PM.

Basenotes Institution

You should be alright.

Personally I am not a fan of very masculine scents. I like the more sweet unisex type frags. Even some female scents I smell I wish I could wear because they appeal to my nose. This In my opinion is far from masculine nd could be worn by a female I would think. Very sweet but not like a sweet you would get from aquolinas blue sugar. That stuff is way too sweet even for me although I do own a bottle that I blind bought. At the top you get a very strong raspberry blast but there isn't any raspberry in the note breakdown to my knowledge. Slight spicyness lingers in the opening but dies down after about 20 minutes. It stays pretty linear on my skin but after about 4-5 hours the raspberry dies down just a little bit and I get somewhat of a honey smell mixed but very warming I love it. Lasts forever. Id recommend getting a sample sprayer just to be sure you like it before getting a bottle. I was curious about this fragrance so I went and got myself a few samples on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    Personally I am not a fan of very masculine scents. I like the more sweet unisex type frags. Even some female scents I smell I wish I could wear because they appeal to my nose. This In my opinion is far from masculine nd could be worn by a female I would think. Very sweet but not like a sweet you would get from aquolinas blue sugar. That stuff is way too sweet even for me although I do own a bottle that I blind bought. At the top you get a very strong raspberry blast but there isn't any raspberry in the note breakdown to my knowledge. Slight spicyness lingers in the opening but dies down after about 20 minutes. It stays pretty linear on my skin but after about 4-5 hours the raspberry dies down just a little bit and I get somewhat of a honey smell mixed but very warming I love it. Lasts forever. Id recommend getting a sample sprayer just to be sure you like it before getting a bottle. I was curious about this fragrance so I went and got myself a few samples on ebay.
    Right on, really sounds like something I'd like. Yeah, I dig super sweet fruity scents like Black XS, CK Euphoria Intense, ect.(and yes I even own Blue Sugar, but have yet to wear it) Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!