Code of Conduct
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Default Re: Today I Finished...

Finished my 10ml sample of Oud Wood Intense. Absolutely loved it!

Congrats on everyone's finishes!

Piney, what are your plans for Oud Wood Intense?

Today I drained the last drops of my 5 ml mini bottle of Terre de Lumière by L'Occitane.This pretty little mini bottle was a gift from my aunt and godmother. It lasted me for 2 years and was quite extensively worn. I find these mini bottles quite economical, as usually just a drop does the job very well and lasts me all day. It counted 45 wears here on Basenotes, but it was already almost half-full when I joined... And I was pretty frugal with my fragrance use back then! Seeing these numbers I'm becoming rather hesitant to blind buy mini bottles, especially of rich scents, as they can still last me years.
    No plans to rebuy for now, although I might as I really enjoy the scent and it was cozy and super easy to wear. At the moment I have Mon Guerlain EDT which fits the same role, and who knows what will I think when that one is finished!

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    Congrats on everyone's finishes!

Piney, what are your plans for Oud Wood Intense?

Today I drained the last drops of my 5 ml mini bottle of Terre de Lumière by L'Occitane.This pretty little mini bottle was a gift from my aunt and godmother. It lasted me for 2 years and was quite extensively worn. I find these mini bottles quite economical, as usually just a drop does the job very well and lasts me all day. It counted 45 wears here on Basenotes, but it was already almost half-full when I joined... And I was pretty frugal with my fragrance use back then! Seeing these numbers I'm becoming rather hesitant to blind buy mini bottles, especially of rich scents, as they can still last me years.
    No plans to rebuy for now, although I might as I really enjoy the scent and it was cozy and super easy to wear. At the moment I have Mon Guerlain EDT which fits the same role, and who knows what will I think when that one is finished!

No plans to repurchase ClockworkAlice, it was wonderful but I have another from TF, Tobacco Oud Intense that I find so similar, and I have about 50ml of it left so I think I would rather pursue other avenues. I've been really enjoying the Les Heures Voyageuses line from Cartier recently, especially Oud & Oud and Oud & Musk. These are the top prospects on my radar.

This morning I finished my 15 ml travel spray of Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea.
    It's funny how I never really liked this scent - it's one of my mom's favourites since 2000s, and when she first showed it to me I was like "eh, too subtle/green/too nothing", and, what was the worst for me as a teen, not sexy, sensual or alluring at all.

Last year I gifted my mom a set of Green Tea again and when she finally opened it, she gave me a spritz. And it was so refreshing and calming that I had to rethink everything I've been thinking about it. Maybe I just grew up enough to like a fragrance that simply soothes, calms and quietly whispers instead the one that invigorates or makes you appear like something more than you are. So I bought a travel spray, and everytime I use it it reminds me of my mom and her love for Green Tea.

I might rebuy it next summer, or I might not. I'm keeping it open.

Today I finished my Comme des Garçons Zagorsk. And I'm nearly done with Kyoto.
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    Kyoto is so darn good. Haven't smelled Zagorsk in years but now I'm thinking I should revisit!

Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    Kyoto is so darn good. Haven't smelled Zagorsk in years but now I'm thinking I should revisit!
    Both are very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards

Finished my sample of Le Labo's Santal 33. I have mixed feelings about this one. The jury is still out on this one folks!

Finished my bottle of Miyako by Auphorie. I should also mentioned that I spilled some when I first got it(so it’s not like I killed an entire bottle of the stuff). It’s so nice. Hopefully they bring it back!

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    Nice. Will these be replaced?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Nice. Will these be replaced?
    I liked them quite a bit, but I think not. When I’m in the mood for incense, I’ll go for my Sahara Noir or Interlude Man. I like simplifying my choices and I like them better anyway.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Ange ou Demon le Secret Elixir - finished a beautiful decant

My Mitsouko Fleur de Lotus sample from 5 years ago has all but evaporated. Shame
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Finished a 10ml of Francois by TRNP today. Great Orange Blossom Chypre. Will be buying again.

Congrats on all your finishes!

I drained my 10 ml travel spray of Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic this morning. Ah, it's so beautiful, I'm going to miss it so much. This one was a grower - it was just a strong like/infatuation when I bought it, but the more I wore it, the more I loved it. Will definitely need a new and much bigger bottle next summer.

I killed a bottle of Polo this morning.
    Moment of silence, please....

Edit: Ah, jeez! Sorry! Wrong forum.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    I killed a bottle of Polo this morning.
    Moment of silence, please....

Edit: Ah, jeez! Sorry! Wrong forum.
    Not to worry—Polo deserves respect anywhere.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

Congrats on yet another Polo, Danny!

...today I finished my 4711's Acqua Colonia Lime & Nutmeg - a 170 ml bottle! - while spraying it on my mask this morning. I kept it in the fridge and only fully worn it ~30 times (it's a great refresher/out of the shower scent in summer), most of this huge bottle was used up to disinfect and freshen my masks after washing/before wearing and also to spray my laundry and towels. It lasted since April this way - when you use a fragrance as a functional one, it dries up very quickly. I am very willing to explore other scents from the line in the future, as I was happy with this cologne (I'm not a big fan of the original though). I'll be keeping my eye on deals for Grapefruit & Pink Pepper and Blood orange & Basil especially for the next spring. I'm open to other variations, too. One at the time though.

I noticed today that I've finished a few decants by evaporation... My decants of Chamade, Tolu and Tiare are empty, which means room for new things in my wardrobe!
    Currently wearing: Carnation by Mona di Orio

Congrats on yet another Polo, Danny!

...today I finished my 4711's Acqua Colonia Lime & Nutmeg - a 170 ml bottle! - while spraying it on my mask this morning. I kept it in the fridge and only fully worn it ~30 times (it's a great refresher/out of the shower scent in summer), most of this huge bottle was used up to disinfect and freshen my masks after washing/before wearing and also to spray my laundry and towels. It lasted since April this way - when you use a fragrance as a functional one, it dries up very quickly. I am very willing to explore other scents from the line in the future, as I was happy with this cologne (I'm not a big fan of the original though). I'll be keeping my eye on deals for Grapefruit & Pink Pepper and Blood orange & Basil especially for the next spring. I'm open to other variations, too. One at the time though.
    Good going, CA! Those varieties sound nice.

I’ve been using regular 4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser, as hand sanitizer, mask spray and to wipe surfaces that need to be touched while out during the day. I recently bought a 400 ml refill bottle, which I reported in the appropriate thread, but forgot to mention here that I have gone through one 90 ml not refillable and three refillable 60 mls since March.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    Good going, CA! Those varieties sound nice.

I’ve been using regular 4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser, as hand sanitizer, mask spray and to wipe surfaces that need to be touched while out during the day. I recently bought a 400 ml refill bottle, which I reported in the appropriate thread, but forgot to mention here that I have gone through one 90 ml not refillable and three refillable 60 mls since March.
    Congratulations for my 4711-scented mask sister!
    I like my masks and door knobs smelling of nice Eau de Cologne instead of just pure alcohol, too

Finished my 30ml bottle of Wood Sage & Sea Salt by Jo Malone. I do have a backup of this one waiting in the wings - a 100ml bottle this time.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleCat View Post
    Finished my 30ml bottle of Wood Sage & Sea Salt by Jo Malone. I do have a backup of this one waiting in the wings - a 100ml bottle this time.
    Yay to the new and bigger bottle!
    Wood Sage and Sea Salt is beautiful and calming.

Out with the old, in with the new.

I recently finished a sample of Tauer's Phtaloblue. I was looking for an out-of-the-box aquatic, and this is that--it just wasn't one I decided to pull the trigger on for a FB. I do have a weak spot for his perfumes in general though.

Quote Originally Posted by purplelilac View Post
    I recently finished a sample of Tauer's Phtaloblue. I was looking for an out-of-the-box aquatic, and this is that--it just wasn't one I decided to pull the trigger on for a FB. I do have a weak spot for his perfumes in general though.
    Congrats! Which one was the lucky one you chose? I still haven't tried any of the Tauer's... Some day.

Congrats! Which one was the lucky one you chose? I still haven't tried any of the Tauer's... Some day.
    Hi ClockworkAlice—I am crazy over his Le Maroc pour Elle and also love his Rose de Kandahar. I bought them several years ago though and am not sure if they are the same. I find Andy’s perfumes are bold and full of life.

Congrats, CC! Sounds like a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by purplelilac View Post
    Hi ClockworkAlice—I am crazy over his Le Maroc pour Elle and also love his Rose de Kandahar. I bought them several years ago though and am not sure if they are the same. I find Andy’s perfumes are bold and full of life.
    ^^^they are just great, aren’t they? I also have Sotto la Luna Gardenia, Vanilla Flash (which is a lot like Rose de K), and I have a bottle of Attar AT on the way.

I finished my bottle of more or less current issue Diorella today. It will definitely be replaced.
    "Put on some red lipstick, and live a little."--Dita Von Teese
    Currently wearing: Vanille Tonka by Nicolaï

Quote Originally Posted by yellowtone View Post
    I noticed today that I've finished a few decants by evaporation... My decants of Chamade, Tolu and Tiare are empty, which means room for new things in my wardrobe!
    I stumbled upon a number of these recently forgetting that I acquired them some years earlier.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast