Code of Conduct

Default Jasmine absolute - synthetic

Hi,
    i would like to replace jasmine absolute in my first experiments with much cheaper synthetic jasmine. Anyone have experience with synthetic "Jasmine absolute" from ShivaExports or "Jasmine absolute Fleuressence" from Perfumersworld ?

Default Re: Jasmine absolute - synthetic

Have you considered Gelsol?
    I'm going to get some Sampaquita from PA in a couple of weeks or so - so I can let you know..

I think Sampaquita is fantastic. It doesn't feel as indolic or weighty as jasmine sambac, but it's lovely. Have you smelled Gelsol? I'm interested in that base.

Basenotes Plus

First off, Caveat Emptor for Shiva Exports' products.

Sampaquita is a lovely blend of many florals, plus Jasmine types.
    I was just evaluating it this past week, and comparing Jasmines, real and synth. Sampaquita is a well rounded jasmine-y type.

As for Fleuressences, I have not tried them. so have no personal experiences. My other perfumer friends have had uneven ideas on them, so try it and see if you like it.

PA's Jasmine Key Accord is in my opinion, simply just OK. I prefer different Jasmine bases, I think. But of course, they cost more money, too.

PK
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Quote Originally Posted by edshepp View Post
    I think Sampaquita is fantastic. It doesn't feel as indolic or weighty as jasmine sambac, but it's lovely. Have you smelled Gelsol? I'm interested in that base.
    I like sampaquita a lot as well, but it does carry quite an indolic punch for me (a good thing!). I just picked up Gelsol recently, and it feels a little too complete, if that makes sense—it's a tad complex and ambitious. It's also quite a bit softer than sampaquita.

And yes, Shiva Exports are ethically questionable—tread with caution there.

I already found good recontruction of grandi jasmine this is gelsol from IFF. Smell very realistic jasmine aroma. I have also a Jasmophore base from firmenich the both are similar in favor of gelsol. Jasmophore have a stronger iononey aspect, is more indolic and cresylic. Smell like fecal and have a violet facettes. Gelsol compare to jasmophore is more transparent less violet-likes. Smell living grandi jasmine vine in nearby gardenshop. Narcotic deep slight animalic, with strong fruity banana and plastic-like undertone like true jasmine.