Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Junkie
    Blog Entries

Default Re: which is better jazz x safari x tsar x pasha

I'll have to try Safari. I saw it at the shop the other day.

I've only tried Tsar and Pasha, and Pasha easily beats it.

I have the last reformulation of Tsar and aside from a nostalgic vibe I don't see the hype for it. To me it's a better Jaguar for Men. I can see the charm of pine done in a slightly menthol-lke way, kind of heavy though.

Pasha though is like the 80s fougere perfected, at least in the drydown. I have yet to sample Rive Gauche, but to me Pasha is up there with the greats like Paco, Azzaro, and Drakkar Noir.

Sold my bottle of Tsar not so long ago - still have all the rest

1. Pasha
    2. Safari
    3. Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh V. View Post
    I'll have to try Safari. I saw it at the shop the other day.

I've only tried Tsar and Pasha, and Pasha easily beats it.

I have the last reformulation of Tsar and aside from a nostalgic vibe I don't see the hype for it. To me it's a better Jaguar for Men. I can see the charm of pine done in a slightly menthol-lke way, kind of heavy though.

Pasha though is like the 80s fougere perfected, at least in the drydown. I have yet to sample Rive Gauche, but to me Pasha is up there with the greats like Paco, Azzaro, and Drakkar Noir.
    Completely agree about Pasha, although I do prefer Tsar to it ever so slightly. That drydown is fougere perfection; the lavender/oakmoss combo is to die for and is a perfect midway point between the 80s powerhouses scents and the 90s clean/fresh scents.

Basenotes Junkie
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedBarbershopFan View Post
    Completely agree about Pasha, although I do prefer Tsar to it ever so slightly. That drydown is fougere perfection; the lavender/oakmoss combo is to die for and is a perfect midway point between the 80s powerhouses scents and the 90s clean/fresh scents.
    I never got the "midway point" description of Pasha as being the bridge from the 80s to the the 90s. It smells completely 80s to my nose.'

But I just tried Ralph Lauren Safari. The opening and middle smell like something from the 90s. Not a freshie, but cleaner and fresher than anything from the 80s. Then when it gets to the basenotes...it smells just like Pasha! Maybe even better. So now I'm like "Ohhhh, I get it now." Safari definitely smells like a midway point, the best of both worlds IMO.

I can't believe how good Safari smells. I was trying to see if there was some element of Polo there. I kinda felt like there was some faint remnant of the DNA in there but maybe just the brand and the flask bottle design were influencing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyowlgrow View Post
    Last friday I put jazz in the left hand and on the right , PAco rabbane pour homme, I asked 8 girls co workers, just 1 choose paco rabanne, All the 7 choose fast jazz. thats why PRph is not on the game.
    Jazz is more modern and the easiest to like.
    I donít understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.