Code of Conduct

Default Montale's Aoud Night - anyone tried it yet?

I can't see much information on this release - which seems to have been launched with another called Rose Night. The container is an almost tasteful dark brown shading into gold.

Here's the note breakdown from one place that has it on sale:
    Floral Ambery Animalic
    Topnotes: Sparkling Bergamot, Lemon from Sicily, Oud from Malaysia, Fruity Notes
    Hearnotes: Leaves of Patchouly from Indonesia, Subtile Rose from Marocco
    Basenotes: Rich Amber & Leather, Precious White Musk, Sensual Gaiacwood & Sandalwood from Mysore

The publicity shot can also be seen there:
    http://www.parfumaria.com/nl/montale...-parfum-100-ml

I'm trying it for the first time today and my impression so far is that it has greater complexity than some other Montales, settling after quite a discordant start into a fruity rose and oud combination with a cloud of hairspray hanging over it that cheapens the experience a bit. To me it's a middle ranking Montale so far - wearable and pleasing, but without quite the lift-off that the best of this house provide.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Montale's Aoud Night - anyone tried it yet?

Thanks for the first impressions. Looking forward to picking these up as soon as possible. It shouldn't be long before they reach across the Atlantic.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

These two are now available on the Montale website for purchase. Statesiders unfortunately will need to wait until they make it across the Atlantic.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I received mine today. First impressions: potent, rubbery Montale-oudish ;-)

Hello guys!
    I'm sampling this right now?
    Like it!
    This reminds me a little bit of Intense café! Taking out the citrus of Aoud Night!
    At least at this early stage!
    Am I the only one?
    I think that I'm going to buy this one!
    Last edited by etoile; 19th September 2014 at 03:43 AM.

I like this one very much. It doesn't reinvent the wheel but I feel it is one of the best Montale rose&oud perfumes. Amazing sillage and longevity, jammy, sweet rose. Frankly delicious.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Since having posted earlier in this thread approximately a year ago, I can say after having it for quite a while now, that I like it quite a lot.

This weekend got out with it!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Since having posted earlier in this thread approximately a year ago, I can say after having it for quite a while now, that I like it quite a lot.
    Can you compare it to the standard Montale Rose/Oud that is Black Aoud? Specifically, how does the leather come in? Is it more or less masculine than Black Aoud?

Quote Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post
    Can you compare it to the standard Montale Rose/Oud that is Black Aoud? Specifically, how does the leather come in? Is it more or less masculine than Black Aoud?
    First, I would say that the rose and patchouli in Black Oud are much more prominent than in Aoud Night which makes it come across as more floral. Aoud Night is to me is also much fruitier in its opening. In addition, The leather although subtle at least to me seems to make it a little more interesting. Finally don't find the oud note as austere in Aoud Night as I do in Black Aoud.