Code of Conduct

Default Looking for a men's fragrance that smells like the scented air inside Hugo Boss retail stores.

Hugo Boss is pumping scented air inside their stores and the sweet, woody smell is quite addictive. Unfortunately, none of their currently available men's fragrances seem to duplicate the scent, so I'm wondering if there are any fragrances out there that do. Thank you in advance

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Looking for a men's fragrance that smells like the scented air inside Hugo Boss retail stores.

Welcome to you Samantha! Been a while since I have been in a Hugo Boss boutique but maybe this comes close - Voyage en Mediterranee Labdanum de Seville L`Occitane it is sweet and woody.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Looking for a men's fragrance that smells like the scented air inside Hugo Boss retail stores.

Ask an SA what it is

Hednic: I'll check it out, however "sweet and woody" was just a general description. I was hoping someone here would be able to pinpoint it more accurately based on the scent inside the store.

Kaern: the scent in question is not a fragrance per se, but rather a specially formulated scent made to be diffused into the air through the HVAC system in their stores. To the best of my knowledge, Boss has not released this as a fragrance. The company that installed this system is called Scent Air: scentair[dot]com

Quote Originally Posted by samantha_west View Post

Kaern: the scent in question is not a fragrance per se, but rather a specially formulated scent made to be diffused into the air through the HVAC system in their stores. To the best of my knowledge, Boss has not released this as a fragrance. The company that installed this system is called Scent Air: scentair[dot]com
    Ok, I thought that might be the case as soon as I posted

A few years ago I was told by someone in the Hugo Boss store that the scent was called Tamboti Woods but it was not available because it is proprietary. If anyone finds it available to the public I'd love to know. I bought a used car and that was the scent inside the car. That was 15 years ago. I still have the car but only the faintest hint of the scent remains. I checked and found that Tamboti Woods is a retired fragrance from Suzanne Lang. Based on the information on the GPS stored settings and the information on the display, a woman owned/drove the vehicle for a year before I got it so if the retired fragrance is truely Tamboti Woods by Suzanne Lang, we are missing out by not having it available.

I always ask the SA what is used. Here lots of brands have the smell of their stores to be sold now. My favorite is one of a store of lingeries. It smells from far around the store in the shopping mall.