Code of Conduct

Default How DIFFERENT is the original Platinum Egoiste from the formulation(s)?

I used to LOVE Platinum, and didn't wear any for years. When I went back and sampled again, it wasn't the same. And I wasn't sure if any formulation smelled THAT different, or if my older nose just didn't like it anymore. So is any newer formulation(s) much different than the original, or just a little bit?
    Just because a fragrance is expensive, doesn’t necessarily make it smell better than a cheaper one.

I can still pray in the U.S.A. (For now, anyway.)

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: How DIFFERENT is the original Platinum Egoiste from the formulation(s)?

Many people say that what's out there is quite different than the original, To my nose not a great difference.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: How DIFFERENT is the original Platinum Egoiste from the formulation(s)?

The older Chanels have all been significantly reformulated. Fougeres (Platinum Egoiste) and chypres have almost all been significantly reformulated.
    Currently wearing: Tibetan Musk by Ensar Oud

Having tested both the current formulation and a more vintage one (though cannot exactly pinpoint neither the year nor the time interval), did not sense (personally) any significant difference.
    Currently wearing: L'Occitan by L'Occitane

Basenotes Institution

Have the reformulated version and it's great IMO.

Basenotes Plus

I own a bottle of the original vintage which says "Egoiste Platinum" instead of "Platinum Egoiste" and to my nose the vintage is much deeper and longer lasting than what's out there now.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Have the reformulated version and it's great IMO.
    +1....own the reformulated also, enjoy it big
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

I have the newer version and it is one of my favorites for the workplace. It lasts most of the day into the evening.
    Currently wearing: Chypre Palatin by MDCI