Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default MFK- Absolue Pour le soir (phased out?)

Just noticed that Maison Francis Kurkdjian- Absolue pour le soir is not for for sale on their on-line boutique.
    Bit worried by that! Is this now a boutique exclusive? Or do you think it's being phased out?

Default Re: MFK- Absolue Pour le soir (phased out?)

Now that would be terrible news. What a glorious fragrance, it's almost inconceivable that it was made this decade. It's as if Kurkdjian unearthed something ancient, something fundamental and basic. The honey, rose, cumin and smoky incense combination feels so right, in retrospect almost obvious.

To think of it, I think Absolue pour le Soir is the best fragrance of this decade. Too profound for this age of jeering ugliness, I guess.

I don't think it's discontinued; most likely it is just out of stock. I've seen this happen to a few other things on the MFK website.

If all fails try Tom Ford Sahara Noir. I think it is much better and in the same vein as APS.

I have owned both by the way.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    If all fails try Tom Ford Sahara Noir. I think it is much better and in the same vein as APS.

Own both, there's no comparison in my opinion

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Don't think it's discontinued. Just saw it last week at the Nieman Marcus in my area and they had plenty of supply available.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Lots of it in London

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Own both, there's no comparison in my opinion
    Agree - worlds apart & no competition for APLS...Own both & Sahara Noir is quite a simple scent, while APLS is excellent & way more complex.
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

wow theres no comparison at all.

SN is 95% omani frankinsense.

AplS is a composition of many things.
    for swap/sale:

I think APS is in a league of its own.
    Tested out Sahara Noir a few weeks ago--reminded me more of CdG Avignon with a healthy dose of Amber.
    Currently wearing: Pasha Parfum by Cartier

I just got ripped a new A Hole but I stand by what I say ....same vein

I'm still torn on this one. Better get a bottle before it 's really too late!

I doubt it will be discontinued (just my guess). And just for reference, it's listed on Amazon right now with a really good price. I have been watching that item on Amazon for a while now, but since I'm on a 'stop buying' streak, i don't think I'm buying it anytime soon. I'll just enjoy the rest of my 3 ml sample for now.

Regarding the comparison to Sahara noir: two worlds apart in my humble opinion.
    Sahara noir evolves around a very dry dominant and smokey Olibanum note with hints of animalic beeswax, while Absolue Pour le soir is a honey/benzoin powerbomb with smokey Olibanum just teasing around the leftover pyramid 'holes'.

Love them both equally with a very slight edge of preference to Absolue Pour le soir

Sent from Galaxy Note 3
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I just got ripped a new A Hole but I stand by what I say ....same vein
    I really like your attitude .

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

If anyone gets to a authorized sales assistant or customer service rep at MFK and gets a definitive answer one way or the other please let us know. Thanks!

Basenotes Member Roberto Duran's Gloves's Avatar

Contacted Maison Francis Kurkdjian via facebook and it's definitely NOT being discontinued, just temporarily unavailable on their website. So no worries

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Duran's Gloves View Post
    Contacted Maison Francis Kurkdjian via facebook and it's definitely NOT being discontinued, just temporarily unavailable on their website. So no worries
    Thanks so much. Saves me a bit of grief to get a backup so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    I don't think it's discontinued; most likely it is just out of stock. I've seen this happen to a few other things on the MFK website.
    Called it!

Banned

OK, phew that's a relief.

Basenotes Plus

Excellent scent. One of my faves from an excellent house.
    Current Favorites:
    Creed Viking
    Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    Xerjoff Naxos
    MFK Oud Satin Mood Extrait

what a relief, i saw some comments on fragrantica saying it was going to be discontinued and panicked lol.

I think its the best men's fragrance. It has nothing in common with Sahara noir, which is an all and out about Frankincense .

APLS is centered around Benzoin Styrax with animalic accents of civet, honey and cumin. It really reminded of Benzoin Loban incense sticks, I use to get at a local Indian store.

I found it this one!

http://www.incenseontheway.com/produ...?specific=3396

Last edited by Vinrambo09; 4th April 2015 at 08:13 AM.

Apls is very animalic also. Do not see the comparison. I just got a bottle of Sahara noir and I'm totally in love with it. It's very calming, after the opening of course! I can't really imagine the lay person walking through the mall and buying this. I don't know what the sales on it are, but I could see this getting discontinued. It doesn't remind me of Avignon, but a little bit more like Norma kamali just not as heavy and rough around the edges. Both scents deserve to be in your collection.

Default MFK- Absolue Pour le soir (phased out?)

APLS seems to be available only in few places ...Amazon, Luckyscent and MFK own website

Quote Originally Posted by blackheart2925 View Post
    APLS seems to be available only in few places ...Amazon, Luckyscent and MFK own website
    It was unavailable from MFK for quite a while now, if it's on MFK's website again then it'll get restocked by distributors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    It was unavailable from MFK for quite a while now, if it's on MFK's website again then it'll get restocked by distributors.
    Yup it's available, checked the mfk website just now...I can add it cart also

Now to wait for FIF or Essenza Nobile to get the bottles

Perhaps the BN crowd sample size is quite small but wonder why let it go out of stock for so long? Maybe not enough demand...

Today they sent me an e-mail to notify me that is back in stock. They also said that: "The formula has not changed for the moment, it is the same as before." Considering the "for the moment" part, it seems like it's going to be reformulated in the near future. Get it while you can, because afterwards you'll probably buy Cologne Pour le Soir bottled as Absolue.

Quote Originally Posted by PaveLL View Post
    Today they sent me an e-mail to notify me that is back in stock. They also said that: "The formula has not changed for the moment, it is the same as before." Considering the "for the moment" part, it seems like it's going to be reformulated in the near future. Get it while you can, because afterwards you'll probably buy Cologne Pour le Soir bottled as Absolue.
    Thanks...and oh why on earth do they want to change the formula

Quote Originally Posted by PaveLL View Post

Thankfully I bought both APLS & CPLS - different enough to have both imho - hopefully there's no changes made to APLS as it's one of the best releases from the last 10 yrs...But the "for the moment" thought is indeed scary - perfumers should be bold enough to phase the fragrances out than to mess around & keep the same product name & sell it.
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

I agree, but definitely sad to see this one go if it is indeed being discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    Thankfully I bought both APLS & CPLS - different enough to have both imho - hopefully there's no changes made to APLS as it's one of the best releases from the last 10 yrs...But the "for the moment" thought is indeed scary - perfumers should be bold enough to phase the fragrances out than to mess around & keep the same product name & sell it.

Any news on discontin. on MFK APLS? On fragantica everyone seems to be concinced, that it's axed...