Code of Conduct
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    I’m not old, I’m vintage.

Default Re: AbdesSalaam Attar / La Via del Profumo - official fragrance discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by slniecko View Post
    There may be even more victims here. Maybe literally here.
    Kafkaesque is still weighing various options, including class action. I don’t think Payne has any understanding of copyright, and changing that might go a long way toward resolving this situation. Reverends tend to work out of a book that’s in the public domain.
    Currently wearing: Un Air d'Apogée by Violet

Default Re: AbdesSalaam Attar / La Via del Profumo - official fragrance discussion thread

Yeah, I’ve been through this kind of thing quite a bit and am actually in the middle of a giant IP/Copyright case that is going to take years and hundreds of thousands of dollars... but you can usually tell which category offenders fall into:

Pirates with no ethics
    Major Corporations who don’t think you have the $ to win
    Fine artists making a point(ie richard prince)
    People who are literally clueless as to copyrights, IP and the law

Without excusing the behavior or saying K should go “easy”, I would say this guy seems to be the last type.
    Currently wearing: Musc by Bruno Acampora

You do not build a perfume thinking about what smell goes well together with another one.
    Everything goes well with everything in natural perfumery. It is only a question of proportions.

A perfume is a message. You do not write a message with words that go well together. You write it with words that carry the meaning you want to convey. Choose the ingredients of your perfume the same way, for the meaning they carry.
    Then you will have a perfume that is a message in a bottle
    AbdesSalaam Attar
    Composer Perfumer
    https://naturalnicheperfume.com/

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron

Quote Originally Posted by Profumo View Post
    You do not build a perfume thinking about what smell goes well together with another one.
    Everything goes well with everything in natural perfumery. It is only a question of proportions.

A perfume is a message. You do not write a message with words that go well together. You write it with words that carry the meaning you want to convey. Choose the ingredients of your perfume the same way, for the meaning they carry.
    Then you will have a perfume that is a message in a bottle
    Great perspective and a timely reminder. Something to consider the next round I order a custom for my 50th birthday or 10th wedding anniversary.

Ramadan Kareem, dear Profumo.

Making perfumes is easy. Specially with natural ingredients. You do not need a special nose to make perfumes. You need a special love for scents.
    As always "All you need is Love".
    Last edited by Profumo; 31st May 2021 at 10:54 PM.
    AbdesSalaam Attar
    Composer Perfumer
    https://naturalnicheperfume.com/

Dependent

FYI: I had a look at the website and The Heart of Naples is available now as part of the "Italian Series" (see my review: post #605). Also the gorgeous Jasmine Shehrazade is no longer a "secret" fragrance but is officially available as part of the "Private Collection".
    Vinyl can suck my Discman
    Currently wearing: Interlude Man by Amouage

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron

Quote Originally Posted by hoschhti View Post
    FYI: I had a look at the website and The Heart of Naples is available now as part of the "Italian Series" (see my review: post #605). Also the gorgeous Jasmine Shehrazade is no longer a "secret" fragrance but is officially available as part of the "Private Collection".
    I’m thrilled about this as Jasmine Shehrazade was a beautiful jasmine scent I enjoyed very much during a sampling spree some years ago.

New fragrance coming soon:
    oud beyond 1 bn.jpg
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Big list of niche splits.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron

Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    New fragrance coming soon:
    oud beyond 1 bn.jpg
    In profumo’s own words:-
    Oud Beyond. The ultimate Oud.

What makes this oud peerless is the gorgeous quality of the ingredients.
    The idea of an Oud with Musk has been around for some time but has never been interpreted in a fully natural way.

At the core of Oud beyond there is a very elegant, rich and woody Oud from Thailand blended with a more animalic Laos essence.
    The Musk note is brought by Hybiscus seeds known as Musk Ambrette and true Civet musk from ethical farming.

Powerful but delicate Oud Beyond can be worn by men and women alike as by tradition in the Arab world.
    I’d LOVE to sample this, of course. And if things go as planned, we might be in for another round of sample passes and discussions. I just feel bad that some of the original older fans are no longer active on Basenotes and will miss out.

I'm very excited about the new creations. One of my most special fragrances is a bespoke one by Dominique, made with Atlas cedar, jasmine, narcissus, and ambergris, among a few other things.

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron

Quote Originally Posted by HORNS View Post
    I'm very excited about the new creations. One of my most special fragrances is a bespoke one by Dominique, made with Atlas cedar, jasmine, narcissus, and ambergris, among a few other things.
    Wow. That sounds amazing! Perhaps it could be included as part of the next sampling project…

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Wow. That sounds amazing! Perhaps it could be included as part of the next sampling project…
    Definitely - I'd love to share this.

Great thread. I recently bought his Attar Maulana and love it. I might reorder it again but instead pure Attar form. My question : has anyone on here tried or bought his Kings Perfumes range?
    "Three things of this (temporal) world have been made beloved to me: women, PERFUME, and the coolness of my eyes is in prayer" -- Prophet Muhammad (upon him be the peace and blessings of God).

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23