Code of Conduct

Default Montale Black Aoud (2014 Aoud Collection by Montale International Design)

Montale Black Aoud (2014 Aoud Collection by Montale International Design) vs. Montale Paris Black Aoud. I was told they are different. Does anyone have information? Neal

Default Re: Montale Black Aoud (2014 Aoud Collection by Montale International Design)

Hmmm, just found this...

"Ok people, FYI. Pierre Montale does not exist.
    Montale is split into 2 warring divisions. Montale Paris and Montale International Design. Montale Paris, is owned by a Lebanese Maronite businessman name Pierre Durrani. Montale International Design is owned by Ammar Atmeh, a Palestinian businessman. Atmeh started Montale but Pierre took control of the International division.
    They got into a legal battle over ownership in 2012, and their Vendome store abruptly closed. The fragrances are developed in the UAE and mass produced from France."

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Montale Black Aoud (2014 Aoud Collection by Montale International Design)

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/386...clarification?

Did you get that from an eBay listing by Abujouda or w/e? I'm not sure, but that seller may only sell the UAE type Montale (Atmeh).
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: Ja´pur Homme by Boucheron

Yes, saw it on the eBay listing.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & B˙zios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post

I'm not sure, but that seller may only sell the UAE type Montale (Atmeh).
    That's my understanding also.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Yes, saw it on the eBay listing.
    I recently noticed lower prices on stuff from that seller, not sure why. I received 2x Aoud & Pine. Took a while to arrive, but there may be a faster shipping option(?) or whatever.

I did an order via eBay on Oct 29th (prior to the recent price lowering), and package arrived maybe November 19th.

I never actually got a tracking number to where I could actually SEE tracking stuff going on; there was a number (reference number?) there, but I wasn't able to 'track' with it.

Package just ended up arriving one day.

My Aoud & Pine's:
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 27th December 2014 at 03:09 AM.
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Can anyone say if the Dark Aoud from this "Montale Internation" is strong like it was when it first released? Because i only have 1 bottle and its at 90% or so. I tried buying a back up, but it was watered down and i practically gave it away.
    Currently wearing: VÚtiver by Christian Dior

They dont make a Dark Aoud. Yes, the new Dark Aoud is a shadow of the original.

Hi guys i bought a few days ago a Montale Black Oud that looks like in the pictures.
    It is legit ?
    Pn the back of the box says :
    www.montale-intl-design.com

Smells good but the stayng power is not so great.

Fake or not ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Luchian View Post
    Hi guys i bought a few days ago a Montale Black Oud that looks like in the pictures.
    It is legit ?
    Pn the back of the box says :
    www.montale-intl-design.com

Smells good but the staying power is not so great.

Fake or not ?
    This appears to be an Atmeh (Middle East) Black Aoud. The box and bottle don't show the size under the name of the fragrance. The font on the bottle is also larger - where it says MONTALE - than that of the rival company http://montaleparfums.com/fr/. These signs are often characteristic of current Atmeh Montales. Although I have never tried this Black Aoud version (mine is the very original one) I'm sure you're fine.
    Last edited by hednic; 2nd January 2015 at 01:43 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Montales in general are watered down, but the Montale Paris Black Aoud have much better longevity than the Atmeh ones. Also the Abu Jouda says they Atmah Black Aouds smell different.

Thank you guys, the rose, oud combo is very dominant and doesen't smell cheap or alcohoolic.
    Next month i will go to Paris and i\ll compare the smell with the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Luchian View Post
    Thank you guys, the rose, oud combo is very dominant and doesn't smell cheap or alcoholic.
    Glad it worked out for you.

Wanted to bump this as I recently purchased an Aoud Leather by Montale International Design, and it's a much, much weaker scent than the Montale Paris version. I sprayed it 4 hours ago and it's pretty much all gone. I also find it funny that their website is nothing more than a parked domain:

montale-intl-design.com

I don't think I'll be dealing with Montale International Design again. A $35 deal for Black Aoud is definitely too good to be true. Thanks for the tips on how to spot them by the bottle.

Did you get that aoud leather from khalid?
    My Current Favorites (no particular order)

Xerjoff- Nio
    Xerjoff- Mefisto
    Xerjoff- Uden
    Xerjoff- 1861 Renaissance
    MFK- Petit Matin
    Roja Dove- Fetish pour homme
    Creed- Pure White Cologne
    Creed- Aventus
    Creed- Royal Oud
    Zegna- Florentine Iris

This link from the Montale Paris site is based in New Jersey. http://www.europerfumes.com/
    I don't know how reliable they are as I've never used them, but would if there's some good feedback.
    Currently wearing: Antico Caruso by Profumum

Quote Originally Posted by SexySmells View Post
    This link from the Montale Paris site is based in New Jersey. http://www.europerfumes.com/
    I don't know how reliable they are as I've never used them, but would if there's some good feedback.
    They are the main and sole authorized distributor for Montale fragrances in the United States. They supply MinNY, Aedes de Venustas, Parfum 1, Perfumeshope in Scottsdale
    and many more shops big and small across the US.

I recently noticed lower prices on stuff from that seller, not sure why. I received 2x Aoud & Pine. Took a while to arrive, but there may be a faster shipping option(?) or whatever.

I did an order via eBay on Oct 29th (prior to the recent price lowering), and package arrived maybe November 19th.

I never actually got a tracking number to where I could actually SEE tracking stuff going on; there was a number (reference number?) there, but I wasn't able to 'track' with it.

Package just ended up arriving one day.

My Aoud & Pine's:
    How is longevity and projection on this one? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    They are the main and sole authorized distributor for Montale fragrances in the United States. They supply MinNY, Aedes de Venustas, Parfum 1, Perfumeshope in Scottsdale
    and many more shops big and small across the US.
    Good to know. Thanks for that info. Now, I'm confident to purchase.
    Currently wearing: Antico Caruso by Profumum

Quote Originally Posted by Wheredjaredgo View Post
    How is longevity and projection on this one? Thanks
    I have the original from late 2011 early 2012. I find longevity very good as well as projection. i would imagine that this one is pretty much the same.

Hednic, what is your opinion on the international desighn do you own any montale by ID?
    I have read some reviewers on fragrantica calling them fake montales.
    Lately there is a lot montales ID for sale on line and most of them is about half the price of montale Paris.
    1976 - Yatagan Caron
    1977 - Snuff by Schiaparelli
    1981 - Kouros YSL
    1988 - Fahrenheit Dior
    1980 - Patou Pour Homme
    1987 - Lapidus Pour Homme
    1981 - Quorum Antonio Puig
    1993 - Insense by Givenchy
    2014 - Dior Homme Parfum
    1987 - Ho Hang Club Balenciaga

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by peter4ptv View Post
    Hednic, what is your opinion on the international desighn do you own any montale by ID?
    Lately there is a lot montales ID for sale on line and most of them is about half the price of montale Paris.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/386...-clarification
    All Hail King Kouros!

Some of their offerings are unique to the montale ID for the middle eastern market (like aoud pine) and some of them are well regarded. I have heard that their "versions" of the Paris Montales are of lower quality, so if you have the choice between the two, you should go with the Paris version.

From what I have seen, once you factor in shipping, a bottle of ID Black Aoud or Aoud Leather is about $70 dollars, whereas you can get Paris Black Aoud / Aoud Leather for around $100.

I own all that are not duplicates of the ones released by Montale Paris - therefore all the exclusive ones released many years ago like Love Aoud and Arabian Night plus the current exclusive offerings like Brown Aoud, Rose Leather, Mr. Aoud etc.

I own all that are not duplicates of the ones released by Montale Paris - therefore all the exclusive ones released many years ago like Love Aoud and Arabian Night plus the current exclusive offerings like Brown Aoud, Rose Leather, Mr. Aoud etc.
    Can you comment on those three?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinrambo09 View Post
    Montales in general are watered down, but the Montale Paris Black Aoud have much better longevity than the Atmeh ones. Also the Abu Jouda says they Atmah Black Aouds smell different.
    Can anybody clarify more about “Black Aoud Paris” version compare to “Black Aoud International Design” version. I read here many different opinions some say it is same but watered down some say that is completely different scent.
    Thank you.
    1976 - Yatagan Caron
    1977 - Snuff by Schiaparelli
    1981 - Kouros YSL
    1988 - Fahrenheit Dior
    1980 - Patou Pour Homme
    1987 - Lapidus Pour Homme
    1981 - Quorum Antonio Puig
    1993 - Insense by Givenchy
    2014 - Dior Homme Parfum
    1987 - Ho Hang Club Balenciaga

Basenotes Plus

Can anybody clarify more about “Black Aoud Paris” version compare to “Black Aoud International Design” version. I read here many different opinions some say it is same but watered down some say that is completely different scent.
    Thank you.
    It might be this..

Black Aoud (original, Paris)
    Black Aoud (original, Paris) - but 'watered down' (reformulated?)

Black Aoud (Middle Eastern marketed type that abujouda might sell) - different smell than the 'original' Black Aoud - same in name, but not smell?

And maybe there is/was also different strengths for 'original' Black Aoud - didn't a shop just open back up, somewhere in Paris? Are they doing the higher concentration thing again?
    All Hail King Kouros!

didn't a shop just open back up, somewhere in Paris? Are they doing the higher concentration thing again?
    Yes, will be there in a little over a week so will know for sure then.

Basenotes Plus

Yes, will be there in a little over a week so will know for sure then.
    Oooh, please let us know if they're doing the higher concentration thing again!
    All Hail King Kouros!

Oooh, please let us know if they're doing the higher concentration thing again!
    Will do.