Code of Conduct

Default New Chanel Platinum Egoiste & Egoiste bottles - reformulations ?

I've now read several posts indicating the Platinum has been reformulated- not just new bottle design.

Is this true ?

Also did anything happen with original Egoiste juice reformulation wise ?

Both my bottles are from 2012. And has the classic old design.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: New Chanel Platinum Egoiste & Egoiste bottles - reformulations ?

As far as the Platimun, I personally don't notice that much of a difference if any.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Platinum has, for the better.

New Platinum is so good, I'm seriously thinking of getting a back up bottle of this first reform batch. I can tell, because today I have finished the last drops of my old bottle, and already have the new one, so I can compare. Like I said on some older similar post, it's the same picture, but with better resolution. Got job, Chanel.
    Last edited by Russlan; 8th April 2015 at 12:45 PM.
    Currently wearing: Blue Jeans by Versace

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Platinum has, for the better.
    Better in what ways?

Does it improve on the performance and reduce the offputting opening?
    My Current Favorites (no particular order)

Xerjoff- Nio
    Xerjoff- Mefisto
    Xerjoff- Uden
    Xerjoff- 1861 Renaissance
    MFK- Petit Matin
    Roja Dove- Fetish pour homme
    Creed- Pure White Cologne
    Creed- Aventus
    Creed- Royal Oud
    Zegna- Florentine Iris

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy View Post
    Better in what ways?

Does it improve on the performance and reduce the offputting opening?
    Better performance yes. I like the opening, so it's about the same IMHO. It's got more life to it all the way through, and harkens back to the original formulation. Chanel has saved it.

As far as I understand it, these new squat bottles with a cap narrower than the bottle are the newest batch, and the tall flush bottles are older. However, if you look at the advertisements featured in the fragrantica reviews from when the fragrance launched, the photos depict the same, squat style bottle we are calling "new" today.

Are ALL squat bottles the newest formulation? Or are the old squat bottles aftershaves or something?

Narrower cap > flush cap > back to narrower cap I.e. chanel have gone back to original bottle shapes - although there may be slight differences eg the wood grain on the egoist cap.Don't know about reformulation, but interested to find out.

Just got the new variant of PE today, just one spray to the wrist to test and I must say, it's better than I remember from 4 years ago. Awesome dry-down. Chanel & YSL almost always deliver the goods. On longevity I've only had it on for about a half hour, so we'll see. I plan on a full test with a couple sprays to the neck when I leave work.
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

YES! I just created an account so that I can add to this thread.

I have the "old" version of CPE (probably purchased in 2012) and when I had about 10 sprays left I purchased CPE (07/2015) which came in a newly designed bottle which is not the original streamline cap/bottle and thought it smelled different! I'm glad that I am not the only one and am actually thinking of returning it. Purchased directly from Chanel.Com, also. I believe previously, I purchased at Macy's store. I might go back and see if they still have any of the old version around.

Buyer beware....

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    Also did anything happen with original Egoiste juice reformulation wise ?

Both my bottles are from 2012. And has the classic old design.
    If your 2012 Égoiste bottles have 'eau de toilette' printed UNDER 'Chanel' at the front of the bottle, they do not contain the original, 1990 Égoiste formulation.

Quote Originally Posted by menesesinc View Post
    YES! I just created an account so that I can add to this thread.

I have the "old" version of CPE (probably purchased in 2012) and when I had about 10 sprays left I purchased CPE (07/2015) which came in a newly designed bottle which is not the original streamline cap/bottle and thought it smelled different! I'm glad that I am not the only one and am actually thinking of returning it. Purchased directly from Chanel.Com, also. I believe previously, I purchased at Macy's store. I might go back and see if they still have any of the old version around.

Buyer beware....
    .......I don't understand..........almost anyone says the newest bottle performs better than the old, but you say the other way around (right?) and we have to beware? For what then?
    My Top '12':

- Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Guerlain: Héritage (vtg)
    - Mancera: Red Tobacco/Aoud Vanille
    - Armani: AdG Profumo
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Antaeus (vtg)
    - Thierry Mugler: A*men
    - Initio: Side Effect
    - D&G: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - YSL: Kouros (vtg)
    - Vermeil: Pour Homme