Code of Conduct
Page 363 of 374 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 361 362 363 364 365 373 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,890 of 11207
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Name the fragrance you tried/smelled today for the first time.

Vetiver & Santal Of Leather - Loved it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Freed from BN Institution

Bijan for Men - not for me
    Last edited by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer; 5th August 2020 at 02:47 AM.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Dependent

Parfums de Marly - Layton Exclusif

....Meh. Way different than regular Layton. Prefer the original by quite a bit.

This one isn't BAD at all, it just.. smells a lot different. Nor do I think of 'oud' with this version.

Wanna know what this smells like to ME? -> Thallium Black. Yep. With a bit of Layton in there maybe.

**Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: Ani by Nishane

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by U2u View Post
    Did not care for the opening with Purple Oud. While I like all the listed notes there is a quality to it that I found repulsive. Certainly not the oud accord as there is not much there and it was not something I would associate as oud related. Not an expert but my collection contains a healthy variety of real and synthetic ouds from the skankiest to clean. The dry down is pleasant enough but after a couple of hours it comes up very short in projection, just a skin scent or a little better. Not worth going through the opening time period to get the dry down.

Here are some initial thoughts on Oud Rosewood.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/475...=1#post4965083

I enjoy a variety of oud perfumes and attars and rate my Christian Dior exposure as 1) Oud Ispahan, 2) Oud Rosewood, 3) Purple Oud. Sample first if you can.
    Awesome, thank you!
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

SJP - Stash
    Not a fan

Xerjoff - Alexandria II
    Quite nice, very special. Will need more wearings

Davidoff - Cool Water Wave
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by H_West View Post
    SJP - Stash
    Not a fan
    That's one of the few celebrity scents that I've enjoyed.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Ambre 114 - bland and boring

Montale Full Incense - I was expecting something more complex ... it's just frankincense with some sweet notes that remind me of cheap shampoo

Amouage Memoir - retested, this time on skin(first time only on a paper strip) - this is quite nice incense, the kind of stuff I was expecting from full incense... interestingly, it seems a lot more interesting on skin than on paper(or perhaps I just did not apply enough on the paper strip, I don't know)

Lacoste Essential - retested - curiously, now I find a bit cloying and too sweet, and surprisingly strong... not sure if it's reformulation or just got used to other kind of fragrances(generally creeds) I find it different than about 5 years ago when I first tested it(liked it a lot but found it too weak back then)

Polo Red EDP - didn't care for it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Armaf Club de Nuit Milestone.
    Blind bought it for a nice price.
    Well at first I found that YouTube hype train a bit childish... but this one is a really nice, somewhat weird aquatic with great heft, a subtle sillage and much to explore...
    A pissy, fresh, zesty citrus, some ambergris halitosis tunes, salty minerals, algea notes, soft woods, a lurking patchouli with a vanilla edge and a really really trashy bottle.... Nice one!

MFK Gentle Fluidity Gold

3rd time smelling this, but first time really analyzing it.

IMO, smells like something a well presented, attractive, young blonde-haired woman would wear. That girl thats super nice and kind of unanimously georgous but doesn't have too much of freaky side. That girl that her parents are super proud of and don't have to worry about.

The smell isn't too feminine, but seems to lean so. I could see a guy pulling it off if worn lightly. Its pleasant, pretty fresh, clean, sort of serious but not trying too hard to be so. No strong perfumey notes, slightly modern but upper class smelling. Has a soft comfy vibe.

Sampling for the first time ever Rochas Moustache

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    How similar is it to YSL Tuxedo?

Is it as similar as that 2nd pic is to Mr. Peanuts?

In short, I didn't find them similar to YSL Tuxedo - at least not at this point. I'm doing a live sampling, about an 1/2 hour in.

Oh shit, I didn't realize it was Mr Peanuts until just now. lol

Chanel Egoiste

Two big thumbs up on DUNHILL ICON ELITE.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

That's one of the few celebrity scents that I've enjoyed.
    I've read good thing about it so my expectations were quite high. I will give it some more wearings but so far not a fan. At least we can agree on the celebrity scents in general

Neroli & Bergamote of Denim - Loved it.

Knize Forest, Ten, Ten Golden
    Searching for:
    vintage Silver Mountain Water, Warner/Cosmair Polo Green, early l‘Air du Desert Marocain (rectangular or early blue bottle)
    I‘m not fond of your overly huge signature^^
    Currently wearing: Bond-T by Sammarco

Quote Originally Posted by ralmeida View Post
    Chanel Egoiste
    What do you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by H_West View Post
    I've read good thing about it so my expectations were quite high. I will give it some more wearings but so far not a fan. At least we can agree on the celebrity scents in general
    One that I stumbled upon recently was Luciano Pavarotti, I enjoyed that one a lot.

Basenotes Plus

I had this sample but today first time to try it all day. Bond no9 The scent of peace for him. The reviews I have see say this is of the better ones for men from Bond no9. I can't say as I have not tried all of the Bond no9 but I like it. I plan on going to Macy's and try out some new scent but no rush as I have a few coming in the mail now.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Socks the most loving cat, love to talk and was very sociable. Greatly missed! They leave us way to soon.
    Last edited by Barrett1950; 7th August 2020 at 03:32 AM. Reason: note on my Cat Socks.

Once in a blue moon trip into the city. Forgot about the wall of BS you have to plough through with SA's. Alas, I should be more forgiving - they got it tough right now as any retail. "You can't flog a donkey for not being able to fly"

One of the black Gentleman Givenchy thrust upon me - meh.
    Prada Luna Rossa Carbon - I'm not sure these work with my nose at all - same as L'Insoumis - rotten melon smell. Just me. Ha accidentally popped it in the same pocket as face mask much a woe, chagrin and lamentation!!

Interesting - Givenchy L'Interdit - a black bottle - apparently not launched yet - surprsingly old school. I'm not sure it was men's to be honest - but thrust upon me it was. Got that handbag vibe - so quite unusual for a noe release. Only card I kept.

Ambre 114 by Hdp and Etui Noir by Miller Harris.

Both enjoyable, but I notice that I'm not that big of a amber fan after all. I've tried numerous (niche and designer) amber fragrance but didn't care much for most. Just reminds me of something I wouldn't personnaly wear.
    Etui Noir was nice, I expected it to be less sweet maybe? Reminded me instantly of Cuir Ottoman which I slightly prefer .But for the price, It could be bottle worthy

Iris & Musk Of Liberty - Loved it.

Sillage Monster

Guerlain Insolence - blind buy
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett1950 View Post
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Socks the most loving cat, love to talk and was very sociable. Greatly missed! They leave us way to soon.
    Sorry to hear this - looks like a sweety x

Dependent

Akro - Awake

Woooo, COFFEE! Smells like chocolate-y coffee in the opening. And a VERY prominent coffee smell. It smells slightly sweet also; like a sweetened chocolate coffee?

It's close to a regular coffee smell, but not quite on the mark. It's good though, don't get me wrong!

Edit: I think it mellows out and becomes a bit more 'bland', but not in a bad way? Like maybe still recognizable as the opening or so, just not as intense or 'defined'. Know what I mean?

Last edited by ILikePeeps; 11th August 2020 at 02:22 AM.
    All Hail King Kouros!

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by d r e View Post
    How similar is it to YSL Tuxedo?

Is it as similar as that 2nd pic is to Mr. Peanuts?
    Just an FYI, Moustache is NOT the one compared to Tuxedo. That would be Moustache EdP, launched in 2018.
    All Hail King Kouros!

Dependent

Akro - Dark

Don't know what the notes are! Going to take a look after posting this.

But I get... oud, and chocolate? Like a dark chocolate, but it reminds me of the brown Tootsie Pop type of chocolate smell.
    Semi-related to Areej's Russian Oud I used to own.

Oh oh, I think patchouli is peaking through now and something that weirdly smells like a small amount of mint? I gotta see these notes, haha.

Edit: Apparently no oud! Which becomes more understandable right after the opening. That opening is semi-close to the Areej.
    I'm still not sure what mint-esque aspect I'm picking up on.

All Hail King Kouros!

Checked out some Roja Dove:
    Scandal Pour Homme Parfum Cologne initially struck me as a little old-fashioned, but then I caught a whiff of the late drydown. A major grower for me, more so than most things I've come across of late.
    Reckless PH Parfum Cologne is very well done and probably not FBW for me, personally. Mostly a style/overlapping entries thing.
    Elysium PH Parfum Cologne is a bit familiar but instantly likable and, it seems to me, a tad underrated among fragrance diehards?
    Sultanate of Oman is luxurious and elegant and I'm not sure how often I would wear it. Might be a decant contender. Definitely want to investigate more of his oud frags now, though.

A few others:
    Costume National Homme: Very good spicy sandalwood, though I think I'm discovering sandalwood is better as a supporting player than a star for me.
    Frapin Orchid Man: Goodness, this is gorgeous. Needs a full wear soon. Wow.
    Milano Cento: Same as Orchid Man; an instant wow that needs a full wearing.

Page 363 of 374 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 361 362 363 364 365 373 ... LastLast