Code of Conduct
Page 365 of 374 FirstFirst ... 265 315 355 363 364 365 366 367 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,950 of 11191
    Dependent

Default Re: Name the fragrance you tried/smelled today for the first time.

Electimuss - Black Caviar

Meh, sorry, haha. Like a.. semi-sweet weird mint fragrance. A cold almost metallic-y mint smell.

It's OKAY, but, meh.

This house and especially the Strangers Parfumerie house are underwhelming to me.

Cool bottles though with Electimuss.

Edit: After drying down a bit it is better. Still not enough to get a bottle, but the menthol/mint-y aspect calms down and a more fruity side comes out.

**Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Mont Blanc Individuel. Better than I thought it would be. Nothing memorable though.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Dependent

Akro - Malt

So obviously with the name being 'Malt', A*Men Pure Malt comes to mind.... wellllll, kinda, yeah. There's a fruity-ness there kind of in the background that resembles Pure Malt, I suppose.

But overall, no! A lot different.

I get a strong sense of leather and/or 'band-aid' smell. It's really not bad, it's just unique, and may catch you off guard at first.

Think of a fruity band-aid. Sounds weird, yeah.

Edit: Oh god, lol, seaweed is a note/accord, and yeah that makes sense with the leather aspect. Like leather + seaweed + fruitiness. LOL.
    Edit: I mean.. I gotta say.. this is actually pretty good. It has pretty bad ratings, no? But I see this as a polarizing scent that some will LOVE and others hate (on themselves). It's basically a fruity leather, I guess. It's honestly not bad at all, I'm enjoying this surprisingly..

dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Dependent

Tauer - Lonesome Rider

Very different. I had to dilute with alcohol to be able to spray onto skin, so that may be affecting the smell. But it smells really rubber-esque to me.
    Like a floral rubber-leather. I'd like to try with an unaltered sample/decant though. Oh well!

All Hail King Kouros!

Bentley For Men Intense. I can't decide if I like it or not. It's different but it feels unfinished. Like it's missed a few things to round it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Bentley For Men Intense. I can't decide if I like it or not. It's different but it feels unfinished. Like it's missed a few things to round it out.
    Yep, that one is certainly special. I own a bottle but I rarely wear it. The key is to be very soft on the trigger. Too much and it turns bad on me.

Basenotes Junkie

Sultan Pasha Attars Juriah.
    Rose & Oud with a different spin. Very nice early on, a little Hindi Oud peeking through, looking forward to late dry down.
    Currently wearing: Thebes G1 by Sultan Pasha

Acqua Di Gio Profondo

It’s pretty chemical/synthetic, but it smells really nice from a foot or two away.
    2020 Fall: 1.BdJ 2.BR 3.IB 4.Fjerne 5.Ore 6.ADG 7.BdCP 8.Prada CdN 9.TOM 10.BAV 11.Cr-EPC 12.NYI 13.ZdG 14.ESAS 15.1962
    2021 Winter: 1.DHI 2.Ganymede 3.OFG 4.Tuxedo 5.Egoiste 6.TR 7.RO 8.AdGA 9.Elysium PPH 10.Vik 11.Prada LH 12.ESP2017 13.Jeke 14.AdGProfumo
    2021 Spring: 1.Rehab 2.MicallefAG 3.ATOH 4.DH 5.SE 6.AdGAI 7.P+O 8.CB 9.GIT 10. AdGProfondo 11.AHEB 12.CLEI 13.Fahrenheit 14.Sova
    Summer 1.VIW 2.VM 3.LDDM 4.DiorBS 5.MI 6.Nio

Quote Originally Posted by H_West View Post
    Yep, that one is certainly special. I own a bottle but I rarely wear it. The key is to be very soft on the trigger. Too much and it turns bad on me.
    I like it, but I just can't decide if I see myself wearing it.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Villa America 220 - didn't care for it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Tauer - Lonesome Rider

Very different. I had to dilute with alcohol to be able to spray onto skin, so that may be affecting the smell. But it smells really rubber-esque to me.
    Like a floral rubber-leather. I'd like to try with an unaltered sample/decant though. Oh well!

I got a nice smokey leather accord from Lonesome Rider, smelled synthetic at times but it was nice.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Ruh - Loved it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Freed from BN Institution

Vintage formulation Chanel Cristalle
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Diptyque Tam Dao
    Currently wearing: Bracken Man by Amouage

Dependent

Dior - Rose Gipsy

It's a really pleasant rose fragrance; not opaque or thick. More air-y.
    Not much I can really say about it; just a nice easy going rose fragrance. Maybe a slight, I dunno, backbone or something element that Balade Sauvage has as well? Not sure.

Rose fans may really enjoy this, but rose in general doesn't really compel me.

All Hail King Kouros!

Dependent

Dior - Souffle de Soie

Smells like a... spiced lotion or something. Very lotion/balm-y type of smell.

Rose isn't prominent to me, or noticeable, as with Rose Gipsy.

This smells like a good lotion or something, haha. Would be a pleasant smell to catch a whiff of from a lady passing by, but I'm not interested enough for a bottle for myself.

All Hail King Kouros!

Guerlain Homme L'Eau & L'Eau Boisée.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Vendomania - Loved it.

Rose D'Isparta - loved it.

Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua - it‘s nice
    Current Top 10:
    1. Nicolaï - New York Intense
    No order: Histoires de Parfums - Noir Patchouli, Tauer - L‘Air du Désert Marocain, Ralph Lauren - Polo, Gucci - Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme, Papillon - Anubis, Nicolaï - Patchouli Intense, Puredistance - M, Pascal Morabito - Or Black, Etienne Aigner - No.1 (1975), and 1740, because Basenoters always bend the rules ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dependent

Xerjoff - Ceylon

Glad I didn't blind buy this and waited on a sample instead, haha.

It's not bad at all; but it's kind of one of those scents where the initial impression is like, "Mmm, this is good!" but after a while it'll just get old. Know what I mean?

It's like a thick honeyed fragrance (that's more of a 'honey' than honey, lol). She said she gets/got the tea from it.

It's definitely not bad, I actually quite like it, but I already 'know' I would hardly wear this. I'd have to be in the mood to get pounded by the same-ish smell for hours and hours. It's quite sweet and such, haha.

Not bad, but no bottle so far!

I'm seem to get a mild leather as well? Might be from the honey accord though..

All Hail King Kouros!

Dependent

Frapin - L'Humaniste

FINALLY; after years of reading/hearing about it! Haha.

It's not what I expected, honestly!

I guess I was thinking more citrusy. This seems to have more 'body', and it's not as bright as I would've expected.

Instead of a simpler citrus type fragrance, this one seems more layered and wearable (instead of just CITRUSSESSS).
    It reminds me of something else, but I really can't place what that is. It ALSO might remind me of Reflection Man - I know that sounds weird, and they're not similar fragrances, but a particular aspect of it reminds me, I suppose? I get an almost soapy vibe from the Frapin.

Not as expected; need to test further. Smelling up close I may get more of that juniper (and maybe nutmeg).

All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Member

Byredo - Mojave Ghost

Dependent

Serge Lutens - De Profundis

Oh wow! Not sure on notes yet, but in the opening I get a very realistic plant/flower smell; it has that nice 'green' bite to it.

I might be wrong, but jasmine (a cleaner non/less-indolic) came to mind. Also honeysuckle for some reason.

Edit: According to Luckyscent, "Chrysanthemum, violets, green notes, earthy notes, ash, musk"
    Makes sense, as I don't know what the heck chrysanthemum smells like! lol. At least I got the green part kinda right, .

I think maybe the violet is mixing with something else and giving me a banana-esque vibe.

Not sure why people may think this is a gloomy/morbid/death/etc. type fragrance, /shrug.

All Hail King Kouros!

Serge Lutens - De Profundis

Oh wow! Not sure on notes yet, but in the opening I get a very realistic plant/flower smell; it has that nice 'green' bite to it.

Love this one!

Frapin - L'Humaniste

I guess I was thinking more citrusy. This seems to have more 'body', and it's not as bright as I would've expected.

Instead of a simpler citrus type fragrance, this one seems more layered and wearable (instead of just CITRUSSESSS).
    It reminds me of something else, but I really can't place what that is. It ALSO might remind me of Reflection Man - I know that sounds weird, and they're not similar fragrances, but a particular aspect of it reminds me, I suppose? I get an almost soapy vibe from the Frapin.

Not as expected; need to test further. Smelling up close I may get more of that juniper (and maybe nutmeg).

One I'm also interested in trying. I've only tried Speakeasy, and I really enjoyed that one. I'll check back in to hear your thoughts after some more wearings.

Frapin - L'Humaniste

I read about it for so long before I tried it that it wasn't quite as I expected, but then how could it. Sometimes it makes me think about Allure Homme Edition Blanche. It is very pleasant and I guess that most people will think it smells good too.

Frapin - L'Humaniste

I also found it way different than expected, and a nice one!
    Current Top 10:
    No order: Histoires de Parfums - Noir Patchouli, Tauer - L‘Air du Désert Marocain, Ralph Lauren - Polo, Gucci - Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme, Papillon - Anubis, Nicolaï - Patchouli Intense, Puredistance - M, Pascal Morabito - Or Black, Etienne Aigner - No.1 (1975), and 1740, because Basenoters always bend the rules ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gucci Guilty Cologne
    I see why its almost a straight 100% thumbs up on BN but athe same time controversial on other sites. Pretty multifaceted and unique. Little loud also. I totally get where they‘re heading with the latest, well-liked Guiltys.
    Last edited by ThVH; 18th August 2020 at 03:34 PM.
    Current Top 10:

Match Point by Lacoste - not bad

Page 365 of 374 FirstFirst ... 265 315 355 363 364 365 366 367 ... LastLast