Code of Conduct
Page 379 of 382 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 377 378 379 380 381 ... LastLast
Results 11,341 to 11,370 of 11459

Default Re: Name the fragrance you tried/smelled today for the first time.

Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud. Right up my alley. I found a bottle locally for a too good to pass up deal and am glad I got it.

Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum. Just sprayed. This is good.

Basenotes Plus

Guerlain - Jicky Eau de Parfum (2018 bottle)

Ooooooh, what a wonderful opening! It does kind of remind me of Eau d'Hermes which I think is a masterpiece. It's like a ... Shalimar-esque Eau d'Hermes.
    Very intrigued so far!!

**Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Guerlain - Jicky Eau de Parfum (2018 bottle)

Ooooooh, what a wonderful opening! It does kind of remind me of Eau d'Hermes which I think is a masterpiece. It's like a ... Shalimar-esque Eau d'Hermes.
    Very intrigued so far!!

I tried this one recently as well and I also liked it. Intriguing and seductive. You might also like Salome, which is a similar style but more musky and furry.

Polo - a masterpiece.

s-l1000.jpg

The Different Company - Sel de Vetiver

Reminds me a lot of Vetiver Tonka, no surprise given the familial connection. Vetiver Tonka is sweeter but they both display vetiver in a similar way -- with a sourness that brightens the composition and brings out the greenness of vetiver. In Vetiver Tonka the sourness is a perfect foil against the sweetness of tonka while here it mingles with the salt to create a brine-y sea spray accord.

I prefer Vetiver Tonka by just a hair, the sweetness adds a roundness and suppleness to the fragrance I love. At times with Sel de Vetiver the saltiness is almost too much for me, like I can taste it on my tongue. Still quite interesting and definitely one to try for vetiver lovers, especially if you like Vetiver Tonka but find it too sweet.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by lukaskrause View Post
    Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum. Just sprayed. This is good.
    Awesome frags, both the 2011/2012 and 2017 versions.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    I tried this one recently as well and I also liked it. Intriguing and seductive. You might also like Salome, which is a similar style but more musky and furry.
    Yeah, I've owned Salome twice I think. It's good, but not quite for me.

Polo - a masterpiece.

s-l1000.jpg
    Yep, love it.
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Nishane Ani
    really really good
    enjoyable ever changing scent

Freed from BN Institution

Polo - a masterpiece.

s-l1000.jpg
    A great classic
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaSam View Post
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud. Right up my alley. I found a bottle locally for a too good to pass up deal and am glad I got it.
    That's a nice one from MFK.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Starck Peau D'Amour - loved it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Amouage Memoir Man – The opening is quite harsh, but it becomes a bit more bearable in the dry down. This is a heavy, serious, brooding fragrance that I don’t imagine would be worn by anyone described as fun or easygoing. The house’s signature incense is not as powerful in this one as it is in other popular offerings. Instead, what I get is a dank forest smell; vetiver, woods, dark leafy greens. Despite the notes, there is nothing that I find particularly sweet or traditionally “pleasant” smelling about it. This is one of the less special Amouages I have smelled, and I don’t find it particularly enjoyable. It’s not offensive or anything, I just don’t care for it.

Dior Fahrenheit Parfum – Clean, crisp lemon on top of a rich, heavy base of amber and smoky woods. It’s super boozy (which I guess comes from vanilla and benzoin) which was a pleasant surprise. I get spiced rum. I love boozy fragrances in this style, and this one is a stunner! Fahrenheit Parfum is smooth and sophisticated, yet warm and cuddly. Could make for a great cold weather signature. If you’re a fan of booze, don’t overlook this one.

Gengis Khan - simply amazing.

The Zoo - spacewood
    once of those subliminal fragrances that smell nothing on paper but shines on skin
    I suspect it to be chemical heavy for that reason though
    not bad
    I earlier smelled "no perfume" from the same house and it was completely different : some kind of wood with zero sweetness

Today trying a sample of Amouage Beach Hut Man. Wow this gives me an incredible sense of deja vu, it smells just like probably the first fragrance I ever wore... it was a drugstore cheapie and came in a green square bottle (not polo) and I remember being absolutely fascinated by the smell (and I must have smelled "mature" for my pre-teen age as it really smells like an old mans classic aftershave to me now)

Anyone have any idea what it could be? I'm not that old so we're talking something available at Walgreens in the mid 90s, not classic like Old Spice/Grey Flannel classic.

Metaphore WJ - didn't care for it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Tom Ford - Noir for Men

So a decant I ordered (instead of a bottle) arrived today. Got it to see if I wanted to get a bottle, as apparently this is discontinued.

I was like, "Did they send me the wrong thing?". It smelled like a weird Jicky. But apparently that's correct, I guess. It's like.. Habit Rouge-esque, Jicky-esque, and I guess by proxy Shalimar-esque. Wasn't really expecting that.

It's not bad at all, but something in the opening is a bit 'too much' for me right now. Plus since I just got Jicky recently and awaiting on another Jicky, I figure this may be kinda redundant. Then again, maybe not. Jicky is awesome, and this may have a similar yet different approach and 'use' for me. Hmmm.

Edit: Oh! And I may have smelled this in store briefly before or something, but as far as I'm aware this is the first intentional skin wearing.

All Hail King Kouros!

Orto Parisi Viride
    so freaking amazing, spicy smoky goodness
    Alessandro is such a master perfumer
    his scents are so unique and different
    one of the best perfumer around

Olfactive Studio Still Life. I'm liking it a lot, specially the yuzu note. Reminds me the opening of Chanel Edition Blanche. Lets see the drydown.

Crab Apple Blossom - loved it

Quote Originally Posted by lukaskrause View Post
    Olfactive Studio Still Life. I'm liking it a lot, specially the yuzu note. Reminds me the opening of Chanel Edition Blanche. Lets see the drydown.
    I also loved that one.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Tom Ford - Noir for Men

So a decant I ordered (instead of a bottle) arrived today. Got it to see if I wanted to get a bottle, as apparently this is discontinued.

I was like, "Did they send me the wrong thing?". It smelled like a weird Jicky. But apparently that's correct, I guess. It's like.. Habit Rouge-esque, Jicky-esque, and I guess by proxy Shalimar-esque. Wasn't really expecting that.

It's not bad at all, but something in the opening is a bit 'too much' for me right now. Plus since I just got Jicky recently and awaiting on another Jicky, I figure this may be kinda redundant. Then again, maybe not. Jicky is awesome, and this may have a similar yet different approach and 'use' for me. Hmmm.

Edit: Oh! And I may have smelled this in store briefly before or something, but as far as I'm aware this is the first intentional skin wearing.

I've just been reading that TF Noir Femme is unisex and much better. I'm going to give it a try!
    In silence, with body and mind still, a depth of understanding may be achieved that is not available to one who languishes at the mercy of life’s relentless chatter.

Douleur 2 - didn't care for it.

I also loved that one.
    To me it was nearly identical to Chanel Allure Edition Blánche. I liked it a lot, but its too similar.

Sampling Gucci Envy now. Wow, this is some quality stuff.

Sampled for the first time ever Guerlain Coque d'Or - Anyone who likes Mitsouko will likely enjoy this

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by PaTomas View Post
    I've just been reading that TF Noir Femme is unisex and much better. I'm going to give it a try!
    I think the Noir Femme and Noir Extreme are supposedly similar to each other, but way different than the regular Noir.
    All Hail King Kouros!

yesterday I tested Creed Aventus, and it smells like a niche version of Sauvage, quite horrible (sorrry for all Aventus lovers)
    I also tested Millésime Impérial,(after the Aventus disappointment) and it's a stunner, so freaking good,

... arrived on Friday by DHL package as a blind purchase - and today first use:

Anna Maack - Birch

Currently wearing: Sartorial by Penhaligon's

Chypre by Le Galion - Loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Sampled for the first time ever Guerlain Coque d'Or - Anyone who likes Mitsouko will likely enjoy this
    Nice bottle!

Page 379 of 382 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 377 378 379 380 381 ... LastLast