Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Frangrances

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    I tried some Sambac Regale today after reading NSR's review. This is really nice, obviously a Jasmine soliflore but with some augmentation... I smell a tiny bit of vetiver and even less patchouli, other white indolic florals, NSR mentioned tuberose and I would agree. It also seems like the spiciness of the Jasmine has been augmented with some other spices. Altogether the other ingredients just add to the Jasmine in a way they could easily be part of the Jasmine smell. Altogether excellent if you like Jasmine!
    Heheheheh! Absolutely no patchouli or vetiver in this baby Dorje! :-D Jasmine sambac is one of my favourite flowers and I find its muskiness just exquisite. Here are the notes:

T: Jasmine sambac from three different regions( Indian, Vietnam and Egypt)

M: tuberose, galbanum

B: aged Cambodian Oud, sandalwood, hay, beeswax, musk gazelle, civet

Apart from a tiny amount of muscenone the whole blend is 99% natural

I made a very limited amount of this blend as couldn't source too much of the Oud and couldn't find another one with a similar leather facet...in fact I'm still looking out for an Oud with the same characteristics, once I do I will be making more, until then this blend is limited availability.....so once it's gone, it really gone! :-)
    The imagery NSR mentioned above is pretty close to what I had in mind LOL....I was actually listening to Clair de Lune by Debussy when I was inspired to compose this magical blend......in fact I was listening to it on repeat every time I was working on this composition.
    Last edited by sultanpasha; 10th June 2015 at 02:13 PM.
    For some super rare goodies check me out on ebay: scents-rarity
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1512613529...84.m1555.l2649
    Currently wearing: Oudh Al Masarat by Amouage

I've still got a lot to learn about notes and compositions. Some of my guesses were pretty close, though. With Aurum d'Angkhor, I could easily pick up on the jasmine, a very soft and inviting note, wonderfully paired with rose and saffron. I hadn't smelled Damascena or Henna before. I was picking up on something resinous, so the beeswax makes sense. I think my application was a little too light to give enough volume to the ambergris. I'll have to give it a go and use up my sample for a better impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    I asked SP about this blend and he was kind enough to give me the breakdown:

Top: Saffron Oil, Jasmine, Persian Rose Otto

Middle: Bulgarian Damascena Absolute, Honey Absolute, Henna,

Base: Ensar Encens D'Angkhor, Beeswax, Hand Macerated Ambergris, Hand Made Shamama (aged sandalwood, 30yr old patchouli, henna, labdanum, Siamese benzoin, musk) raw Persian and Spanish Saffron Strands
    Currently wearing: Gomma by Etro

Hey Cyntherian
    Hope you are well :-)
    The resinous notes you felt in the middle and the base is emanating from the Cambodian Oud called Encens D'Angkhor also benzoin resin. There is also my handmade shamamah which contains saffron resinoid amongst other resinous goodies ;-)
    Last edited by sultanpasha; 13th June 2015 at 12:40 AM.

Sultanpasha,

Thanks for pointing out your sampling program!

Now, I like to take my time and ponder over scents. This normally takes time and several wearings. Do you have an option where maybe fewer scents but more juice per each would be possible?

-Mark

Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: El Diablo by Bud Parfums

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Trail View Post
    Sultanpasha,

Thanks for pointing out your sampling program!

Now, I like to take my time and ponder over scents. This normally takes time and several wearings. Do you have an option where maybe fewer scents but more juice per each would be possible?

-Mark

Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Mark
    Hope all is well.
    As the other commentators will vouch my oils are pretty potent stuff.....some only needing a needle swipe so 4 drops should suffice for atleast 5-6 wearing a :-)
    However saying that I like cater to all my clients needs and requirements, so just pm me with your selection and I shall see what can be done but within reason as some of the oils are incredibly limited batches for example Aurum D'Angkhor of which I made only 18mls out of which I now Have only 12mls left

Hi guys, I've ordered from Sultan Pasha as well and I am very impressed by his blends and he is an honest and wonderful chap. I ordered Al-Souqh and he was kind enough to send me bottles of Inferno and Fougere Bengal, as well as samples of his blends.

Al-Souqh is an absolutely gorgeous mukhallat, with a sweet rose opening and is oudh dominated all the way to the dry down. I was a bit perplexed by Inferno at first, as it was quite animalic. After a few sniffs it made me feel like I was walking into an old library - the smell of old dusty books, leather and wood, a fantastic blend. Fougere Bengal is green green green. When I wear it I feel like I'm walking through a damp jungle - the scent of sweet mossy woods and rain. Sultan is a very enthusiastic and humble perfumer - qualities hard to find in people today.

Quote Originally Posted by sultanpasha View Post
    Heheheheh! Absolutely no patchouli or vetiver in this baby Dorje! :-D Jasmine sambac is one of my favourite flowers and I find its muskiness just exquisite. Here are the notes:

T: Jasmine sambac from three different regions( Indian, Vietnam and Egypt)

M: tuberose, galbanum

B: aged Cambodian Oud, sandalwood, hay, beeswax, musk gazelle, civet

Apart from a tiny amount of muscenone the whole blend is 99% natural

I made a very limited amount of this blend as couldn't source too much of the Oud and couldn't find another one with a similar leather facet...in fact I'm still looking out for an Oud with the same characteristics, once I do I will be making more, until then this blend is limited availability.....so once it's gone, it really gone! :-)
    The imagery NSR mentioned above is pretty close to what I had in mind LOL....I was actually listening to Clair de Lune by Debussy when I was inspired to compose this magical blend......in fact I was listening to it on repeat every time I was working on this composition.

Lol... I try! Your blends are hard to pick notes out of for sure, I probably confused the galbanum and oud for patchouli and the natural spiciness of the jasmine for vetiver. It's almost impossible to figure out where the jasmine ends and the other notes begin. Good job!

I tried Nectare a couple times, this smells like Cambodi oud with dominant rich fruit notes and minimal funk combined with a juicy almost edible rose note. Definitely not your typical rose/oud blend, this one verges on gourmand and "Nectare" is a fitting name. The attar forms this rich, deep, fruit and rose accord that is very well blended and I can't even guess what else might be in this creation.

Cheers Dorje, MoPat and everyone! Your compliments only encourages me to excel with my creativity!

The Nectare I originally made 15mls of (again a very limited batch 9ml left....but I will keep 3ml for myself :-P so in fact 6ml left) using 3ml of a Thai Oud kindly gifted to me by RussianAdam from the FeelOud fame before he left for SouthEast Asia to dedicate himself to artisanal Oud production. It was a beautiful Thai Oud that I was itching to work with especially its juicy peachy facets so Nectare was born! I will be creating a second batch soon once this finishes...just need to find a fruity Thai which shouldn't be difficult God Willing. Anyway without any further delay here are its notes Dorje:

Top: natural Apricot Accord, natural Strawbery Accord

Middle: Taifi rose otto, Rosa Alba otto

Base: Thai Oud, sandalwood, Bourbon Vanilla, aged patchouli, beeswax, honey absolute

By the way would you believe this blend is 100% natural... :-P

Basenotes Member

Sultan,

You have any fragrances that smells like Roja Dove's Enigma pour homme or pour femme?

What about a longer lasting version of Tom Ford's Oud Wood.
    Thanks

Thanks to this thread I purchased sultanpasha's sample set and I am really impressed by his beautiful scents.

One big swipe of Carnival d'Havana and a heavenly, complex, dark resinous scent wafted up into my nostrils

Notes:
    T: mango ( created with natural apricot accord) rum, frankincense
    M: tuberose, tobacco, guaiac wood
    B: sandalwood, tobacco, Cade, cedar wood, castoreum, hyrax, musk, styrax

I think Serge Lutens fans would like this a lot. Quality is on another planet though and sultan's composition stays bright, nimble and alive. I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist throughout the day. Great stuff!

Today I tried Nectare. A completely different scent, but one that has me totally bewitched. I enthusiastically contacted pashasultan with my impressions:

No.13 – Fermented milk, whisky, fruity, honeyed, rose. Beautiful woman breast feeding in a very warm, shimmering rose garden. Strange, friendly, intoxicating and erotic.

Haha, he sent me back the notes (which you can find two comments up), and mentioned the workings of the lactonic apricot accord. Truly fascinating.
    After a few hours, Nectare has started morphing, becoming even more golden but with a beautiful aged patchouli weaving its way around.

Greatly looking forward to trying all my other samples, a real treat!
    Last edited by Le vagabond; 30th June 2015 at 05:30 AM. Reason: corrected name

^ Sounds like you're having fun, vagabond. Btw, did you receive Resine Precieux among your sample set? If so, I'm very curious to hear your impression of it.

Hi cytherian, I have tried three of the samples so far and funnily enough Resine Precieux was yesterday's pick.

I tried it the day after Carnival D'Havana and there seemed to be a familiarity. For the first hour Resine Precieux smelt warm and resinous (who would have guessed ) but with a drier (cumin?) spice throughout, think of a delicious dark fruit cake in an Indian spice shop. Later it became more complex, drier and spicy. But always with this fabulous liveliness, never opaque or heavy.

I'm sure the real notes are far more complex than I am able to perceive. Oh, I just remembered, maybe there are some subtle animal notes in this one, difficult to tell. So, we start off with eating rich, spiced fruit cake on a hot day in the market, walk out of the town past some little animals and end up on a dusty red clay path carrying a bag of black cumin and other resins and spices. But there is always something calming and uplifting on the breeze

To describe in colours, Carnival d'Havana would be black and very dark brown, streaked with azur. Resine Precieux would be, to me, different shades of warm browns and reddish browns.
    Last edited by Le vagabond; 30th June 2015 at 05:31 AM. Reason: corrected name

Basenotes Plus

Surprisingly, these Amouage attars are still available. A set of 29 and 84 (!).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/29-Attar-spe...item23534318e7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/84-Attar-spe...item2352a5c307

@Vagabond
    You certainly have a way with imagery! Absolutely love them all especially a breastfeeding beautiful woman! :-D I'm truly humbled that you compare my beloved compositions to those done by one of my heroes.....uncle Serge!
    Nectare as I mentioned before I need to make again sooner than later as I love it too....will try to make more than 15ml...just need to find an Oud with the right olfactive profile.
    Carnival D'Havana is even more raunchy now as I added some gardenia absolute to compliment the lactonic top notes.....Billie Holiday eat your heart out! :-D

@Cyntherian
    Hey Cyntherian buddy hope you are well!
    Resine Precieux is my interpretation of the classical resinous occidental ambers that I created to be a component of one of my current projects Réve Narcotic which is a spicy oriental with rich white indolic florals (tuberose, ylang ylang, Gardenia) in the middle and cannabis and absinthe as top notes.
    Resine is very resinous and balsamic with a vanilla and tonka core with animalic warmth emanating from the black ambergris and asafoetida. It's therefore warm and dry with a salty sweetness running throughout but in no way gourmand......but that is all subjective to ones skin chemistry

@Scarce
    Bless you! You found my beloved attars collection which have helped me so much as reference guides to complete my journey as a perfumer over the years.
    What you see there is just the tip of the iceberg of my extensive collection from the last two decades of not earlier. I've amassed over 500 different perfumes and attars from various houses.
    The 29 amouage attar samples are two drop specimens from the 29 amouage attars I currently have whilst the 84 samples includes the 29 amouage samples plus also rarities from the other Middle eastern houses such as Abdul Samad Al Quraishi, Ajmal, Arabian Oud, Haramain etc......some of the blends in the kit have been mentioned a number of times on Basenotes Agarwood forum and elsewhere. The 84 kit also contains examples of regional Ouds
    I've been selling these kits for the last two years since 2013, for fellow perfumistas who haven't experienced these magical elixirs and also to train their nose of each individual houses style and signature. The two drops in the vials will suffice for at least five wearings after careful rationing to fully appreciate the subtleties of each composition. I'm glad to say that it has helped a great many international perfumistas who wish to be guided through the minefield of middle eastern perfumery thus helping them to understand their subjective good, bad and uglies.
    Last edited by sultanpasha; 30th June 2015 at 02:14 AM.

All the best, my friend!

Be brave. Take your risks. Nothing can substitute experience, but nothing is more valuable than your desires!
    Currently wearing: Ta by O'Driù

Dearest Angelo
    You honour me with your kind words :-D :-D
    I'm definitely glad I took the plunge last year when I first started selling my own blends or else I would have never realised how well received they would have actually become. So you're certainly right about taking risks :-D
    To me ones passions and desires are all relative, with my blends being the end result of one of my biggest passions.......smelling and understanding the characteristics and hidden facets of materials provided by nature and exploiting the many different possibilities.....nothing excites me more :-D

Tried Jardin de Borneo this afternoon and I found it to be very special indeed. It is very different to the other samples I have tried, style wise.

It has a rich jungle-like pungent greenness, intertwined with a regal soapiness.

After purchasing a sample set I have been slowly trying the various offerings included. Today I put on a few drops of Al Hareem and I am floored. Such a dirty fragrance and I mean that in the best way. The opening starts with a very dirty even sweaty animalic musky note that is just slightly fecal to me. I do not know if this is an Oud or a very animalic musc. Whatever the top notes may be, they are incredibly bold and quite gorgeous. After a half hour or so of the feral opening the fragrance begins to morph. The fecal aspect begins to subside and become slightly more sharp and resinous. This phase really mellows the composition and is quite pleasant. As the dry down continues, Al Hareem gives the impression of a heady, floral/musk. This musk is much more of the clean variety and quite different from the opening. Rich, opulent and slightly soapy. Even though I have not gotten to the final notes, this one is a winner to me and a must try to all who like very animalic scents. This one will grab you by the lapels, slap you in the face only to seduce you as it evolves.
    Forgive my vague impressions as I do not have a list of ingredients to reference and the actual notes may be completely different than that which i perceive. A stunning composition overall!
    Last edited by LostboyR; 6th July 2015 at 03:57 PM.
    Currently wearing: Genre by Edward Bess

Quote Originally Posted by LostboyR View Post
    After purchasing a sample set I have been slowly trying the various offerings included. Today I put on a few drops of Al Hareem and I am floored. Such a dirty fragrance and I mean that in the best way. The opening starts with a very dirty even sweaty animalic musky note that is just slightly fecal to me. I do not know if this is an Oud or a very animalic musc. Whatever the top notes may be, they are incredibly bold and quite gorgeous. After a half hour or so of the feral opening the fragrance begins to morph. The fecal aspect begins to subside and become slightly more sharp and resinous. This phase really mellows the composition and is quite pleasant. As the dry down continues, Al Hareem gives the impression of a heady, floral/musk. This musk is much more of the clean variety and quite different from the opening. Rich, opulent and slightly soapy. Even though I have not gotten to the final notes, this one is a winner to me and a must try to all who like very animalic scents. This one will grab you by the lapels, slap you in the face only to seduce you as it evolves.
    Forgive my vague impressions as I do not have a list of ingredients to reference and the actual notes may be completely different that that which i perceive. A stunning composition overall!

LostboyR o'buddyo buddy! I just broke my fast and choked on my tea as I was reading you comment on Al Hareem!! Lmao!
    The funky musky notes at the start that you mentioned arises from a gorgeous Bengali Oud which is extremely scarce to say the least and this oil is ram packed with this particular Oud along with a gorgeous Turkish rose otto and the butteriest sandalwood Mysore. The overall isea behind this blend was to portray sheer carnal opulence and from your impressions it seems it may have achieved as such! :-D
    Interms of the notes:

Turkish Rose otto, butter, sandalwood Mysore, Bengali Oud, musk.

Apart from the musk which was muscenone there was no other synthetics used in this blend. According to my calculations I used no more than 3% of muscenone in the whole composition. Interms of volume I only produced 15ml of this current batch but will be producing more one this batch runs out

Quote Originally Posted by Le vagabond View Post
    Tried Jardin de Borneo this afternoon and I found it to be very special indeed. It is very different to the other samples I have tried, style wise.

It has a rich jungle-like pungent greenness, intertwined with a regal soapiness.

Dearest Monsieur Vagabond! I'm glad you enjoyed this composition that was truly a pleasure to make as wanted to recreate the humid green liveliness of tropical jungles that I remember from fond memories of my childhood. Would you believe this blend is 100% natural!?! The stars of the blend are definitely Ensar Oud's gem Bois De Borneo, and the aged yonks I used to create the central core of the blend. Bois de Borneo struck me originally with its sheer green complexity it literally was like a faceted emerald and it was extremely tenacious and long lasting...so I thought to try it out with some white florals and lo behold Jardin D'Borneo was born.
    Interms of note ;-)

T: lavender, gardenia, orange blossom,
    M: tuberose, katrafay, aged tonka
    B: Bois de Borneo(Ensar Oud), Haitian vetiver, hay,

Currently only 10ml left from the original 15ml, unfortunately may not produce again as some of the ingredients with the necessary facets such as the aged tonka can't be sourced at the moment :-(

Quote Originally Posted by sultanpasha View Post
    Cheers Dorje, MoPat and everyone! Your compliments only encourages me to excel with my creativity!

The Nectare I originally made 15mls of (again a very limited batch 9ml left....but I will keep 3ml for myself :-P so in fact 6ml left) using 3ml of a Thai Oud kindly gifted to me by RussianAdam from the FeelOud fame before he left for SouthEast Asia to dedicate himself to artisanal Oud production. It was a beautiful Thai Oud that I was itching to work with especially its juicy peachy facets so Nectare was born! I will be creating a second batch soon once this finishes...just need to find a fruity Thai which shouldn't be difficult God Willing. Anyway without any further delay here are its notes Dorje:

Top: natural Apricot Accord, natural Strawbery Accord

Middle: Taifi rose otto, Rosa Alba otto

Base: Thai Oud, sandalwood, Bourbon Vanilla, aged patchouli, beeswax, honey absolute

By the way would you believe this blend is 100% natural... :-P

That is awesome Nectare is all natural, it has a brightness or liveliness I rarely if ever experience in an all natural fragrance.

I also need to leave Adam a review of his Abu Thai sample, it's long overdue...

So, today I am wearing Âme Sombre, which is labeled a prototype... This one is inspired by Amouage's Tribute, but it is done with higher quality ingredients. I picked up on some Cambodi oud right away, later Sultan Pasha told me it's a Cambodi smoke infusion and he said he also added some animalics, and this is more subtle but there is definitely some very high quality musk in there too. The way the Cambodi oud smoke blends with the tobacco is mesmerizing... I also have 2 batches (decants) of Tribute, an old one that is probably 7 years old or so and a new batch I got from SP with the other oils I ordered. I have to say, after trying Âme Sombre I wish I would have bought that instead of Tribute! Because of the ingredients used it's more expensive than Tribute, but SP said he has a version that is more economical as well. For those who love Tribute it's great that SP has his own take on it, because it has been discontinued. But fear not! ...the version of Âme Sombre I have is a few levels higher/better than Tribute. It's certainly one of the best attars I have experienced, and it's also nuclear strength so the value is decent. The 2-drop sample will probably get me at least 5 wears.
    Last edited by Dorje123; 10th July 2015 at 12:31 AM. Reason: corrected name of fragrance

Half way through my samples and every day is a great pleasure. Today's notes:

No.27 Cheval d’Arabie right wrist

Indeed, a proud horse with a shiny coat. If I whiffed this on a well-groomed lady wearing white riding breeches I think I would go crazy with lust! Classy floral splattered with magnificent horse dung and straw. This is not skanky, it’s seeexy!

On the strength of this thread and a recomendation in another, I've ordered the sample pack (plus some others).

They've not even been prepared yet, but the comunication and service has been first class.

I'm a little bit giddy with anticipation.

Looking forward to hearing your opinions, eduardo.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo fandango View Post
    On the strength of this thread and a recommendation in another, I've ordered the sample pack (plus some others).

They've not even been prepared yet, but the communication and service has been first class.

I'm a little bit giddy with anticipation.
    Welcome to Basenotes, Eduardo - and great to see you've caught onto Sultan Pasha so soon. I think you'll be very impressed with what he produces. I passed on a sample set I had of his to a friend of mine who is delving into niche attars. Previously he was let down by a few oud samples he got from Ensar Oud. In contrast, he has found more appeal with SP's creations. He was blown away by the Bengal Oud.

Sultan Pasha deserves more 'air time' because he is a master at his craft

As I pointed out on another thread:

Arabesque Noir is delightfully decadent!

His recipe:

TOP:
    Taif Rose

MIDDLE:
    Moroccan Rose, Honey,

BASE:
    Muguet Base, organically grown Cambodi oud, Musk Gazelle, Amber, tobacco
    Last edited by Fasaad; 13th July 2015 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSR View Post
    Sambac Regale (SR) is a very special fragrance indeed. It conjures musings of what fragrances would have been like in the late 19th / early 20th century, imagining a social setting with the air full of the finest scents made from the finest raw materials. The opening of SR is like stepping outside on a midsummer’s evening greeted by wafting sweetness of a jasmine lined pathway. Walking through night across the fields, the smell of hay and tuberose intensifies. The sandalwood adds warmth that is smooth and reassuring. This is a very long lasting scent that should easily last all the way until the dawn.

From the sample that was sent to me and learning how exclusive this fragrance is, I went all out and bought a tola - I was not disappointed! While this is one of the more costlier offerings from Sultan Pasha, it is certainly one of the best. If I had the cash available I would buy another tola....just in case.
    NSR nailed this one. This perfume captures the intense glow of summer love.

Only four samples left to test

Hello everyone hope all is well.
    just wanted to give my apologies that I've not been on here recently, due to Ramadan fasting and ritual preparations. Just wanted to give my sincere thanks to everyone here and wanted to wish a belated Eid Mubarak!
    Also Vagabond don't be distraught my friend as I'm constantly working on new compositions, so after your last four it won't be the end ;-D

Hello Sultan, I hope Ramadan went well for you.

Here are my notes for Equis, a subtle but memorable perfume:

Equis - left wrist
    A different flower to Jardin (de minuit), very subtle and classy, not bold or brightly coloured. A pretty array of pale pastel linens. Still deep though. Almost something in between flower and grass, like papyrus or a reed. Tiny sparkle (ambergris?). Something that one could become familiar with without getting bored. Aniseed?

My samples have arrived.

I've only tried one or two so far (La Fougere and Carnival D'Havana) and to say I'm impressed would be a massive understatement. I'm currently getting dark woods, rose and leather from the Carnival D'Havana ... and La Fougere reminds me of Elite by Floris which is my benchmark 80s powerhouse fougere, always makes me think of rockpools from childhood holidays on the East coast.

So far, I reckon these are all going to be right up my street.
    Last edited by eduardo fandango; 24th July 2015 at 07:54 AM.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast