Code of Conduct
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 990 of 1051
  1. #961
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugandha View Post
    It's always interesting hearing different perspectives about the same thing. In my case RP, while it is an amazing fragrance, reminds me of the kitchen and cooking food (not that I don't prefer it). I guess it has to do with my south asian background. We use asafoetida regularly in our daily cooking.

    Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

    Totally makes sense. Going to expand my choices at our favoured take out. Too many vindaloo type choices under the covid lockdown. Thank you for your response.
    Currently wearing: Thebes G1 by Sultan Pasha

  2. #962
    All Is Beautiful
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    5,935

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    A year or so ago I asked Sultan if he had ever done anything in chrysanthemum and he had not. But now he has come out with Chypre Chrysanthemum which is just amazing. It is so unusual. I can’t really describe it except that it is a light and transparent And actually much more complex than at first seems.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

  3. #963

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    A year or so ago I asked Sultan if he had ever done anything in chrysanthemum and he had not. But now he has come out with Chypre Chrysanthemum which is just amazing. It is so unusual. I can’t really describe it except that it is a light and transparent And actually much more complex than at first seems.
    quite complex, i dont love that green accord though. gonna sell my 1 ml to someone who can appreciate it more.

  4. #964

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Still digging away here, but I just need to pop in to say that my socks are officially knocked off by Al Hareem. Might be some of the smoothest stuff I've ever encountered. In my notes for Juriah I put "all in all a really well done rose/oud, but the genre is still not really for me". This got put to shame here, definitely getting a ml of this when the post-sampling order is placed. Sublime! Other highlights so far are Tabacaurum (which I really need a second wearing of to try to wrap my head around) and Âme Sombre. I feel like this sampling period provides a distinct marker for pre- and post-Sultan Pasha Attars in the timeline of my fragrance interest. The overall bar is significantly raised from here on out...

  5. #965

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by avrora View Post
    Still digging away here, but I just need to pop in to say that my socks are officially knocked off by Al Hareem. Might be some of the smoothest stuff I've ever encountered. In my notes for Juriah I put "all in all a really well done rose/oud, but the genre is still not really for me". This got put to shame here, definitely getting a ml of this when the post-sampling order is placed. Sublime! Other highlights so far are Tabacaurum (which I really need a second wearing of to try to wrap my head around) and Âme Sombre. I feel like this sampling period provides a distinct marker for pre- and post-Sultan Pasha Attars in the timeline of my fragrance interest. The overall bar is significantly raised from here on out...
    I had a similar experience with Juriah and Al Hareem. Whereas Juriah is dominated by animalic oud, Al Hareem is smooth and rounded. Perhaps with further testing, my preference will change. The animalic aspect of Juriah just made for a slightly off-putting first wearing. So far, I think my favorite of the compositions featuring rose is Ensar Rose, though. Feels very fresh and lively in comparison to the others. Also, yes! Tabacaurum is so great. I have yet to try Ame Sombre. Might give it a test tonight or tomorrow.

  6. #966

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by vapor-ambient View Post
    I had a similar experience with Juriah and Al Hareem. Whereas Juriah is dominated by animalic oud, Al Hareem is smooth and rounded. Perhaps with further testing, my preference will change. The animalic aspect of Juriah just made for a slightly off-putting first wearing. So far, I think my favorite of the compositions featuring rose is Ensar Rose, though. Feels very fresh and lively in comparison to the others. Also, yes! Tabacaurum is so great. I have yet to try Ame Sombre. Might give it a test tonight or tomorrow.
    I had a similar reaction earlier in my Sultan Pasha sampling but then Juriah overtook the smoother scent and now I prefer Cheval which is far more animalic than Juriah. It's funny... I've gone back and ordered half the scents I initially dismissed from Sultan Pasha. I completely agree that he is the high bar, at this point.

  7. #967

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    I had a similar reaction earlier in my Sultan Pasha sampling but then Juriah overtook the smoother scent and now I prefer Cheval which is far more animalic than Juriah. It's funny... I've gone back and ordered half the scents I initially dismissed from Sultan Pasha. I completely agree that he is the high bar, at this point.
    I can see myself liking Juriah more upon future wearings. I think it might just be a matter of getting acclimated to that animalic aspect of it. Haven't tried Cheval D'Arabie yet, but I've smelled it from the vial and it really does conjure the image of a horse which I find so cool.

  8. #968

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by vapor-ambient View Post
    I can see myself liking Juriah more upon future wearings. I think it might just be a matter of getting acclimated to that animalic aspect of it. Haven't tried Cheval D'Arabie yet, but I've smelled it from the vial and it really does conjure the image of a horse which I find so cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    I had a similar reaction earlier in my Sultan Pasha sampling but then Juriah overtook the smoother scent and now I prefer Cheval which is far more animalic than Juriah. It's funny... I've gone back and ordered half the scents I initially dismissed from Sultan Pasha. I completely agree that he is the high bar, at this point.
    This might very well be a case of me not yet having acquired the tastes necessary to fully appreciate the most animalic stuff. Certainly would explain my difficulties with Cuirlilas... Trying Cheval d'Arabie right now, and it's not that I don't find it enjoyable or wearable, it just doesn't move me in the same way some of the less animalic oudy attars do. Can I dare you to make a top 5 of SPA, P_M?

  9. #969

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by avrora View Post
    This might very well be a case of me not yet having acquired the tastes necessary to fully appreciate for the most animalic stuff. Certainly would explain my difficulties with Cuirlilas... Trying Cheval d'Arabie right now, and it's not that I don't find it enjoyable or wearable, it just doesn't move me in the same way some of the less animalic oudy attars do. Can I dare you to make a top 5 of SPA, P_M?
    That’s a tough one! He’s so good! I do think it’s all a matter of what your tastes are. For me, I love Fougeres and initially it was Fougere Noir that blew me away. But I think Irisoir might be as good as anything he’s ever done, if you like classic florals... he’s like Neo from the Matrix but for perfume. He once told me he can literally see every note in a perfume. I believe it.

    Oud and dirty animalics took me a while to appreciate (my significant other still isn’t a big fan)

    My top 5?

    Aurum D’Anghkor
    Fougere Noir
    Cheval D’Arabie
    Thebes 1 (or possibly Ame Sombre)
    Tabac Grande(or possibly Encens Chypre)

  10. #970

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    That’s a tough one! He’s so good! I do think it’s all a matter of what your tastes are. For me, I love Fougeres and initially it was Fougere Noir that blew me away. But I think Irisoir might be as good as anything he’s ever done, if you like classic florals... he’s like Neo from the Matrix but for perfume. He once told me he can literally see every note in a perfume. I believe it.

    Oud and dirty animalics took me a while to appreciate (my significant other still isn’t a big fan)

    My top 5?

    Aurum D’Anghkor
    Fougere Noir
    Cheval D’Arabie
    Thebes 1 (or possibly Ame Sombre)
    Tabac Grande(or possibly Encens Chypre)
    Thanks for sharing that, it's no surprise that this man perceives perfume in a special way. All great choices on your list, of course. A shame Aurum d'Angkhor is unavailable now, looks divine just judging from the notes! Tonight I'm finishing the first round of sampling where each and every sample has been tested (Basmati Rose, Poudre Noir, and Shadee are on the menu tonight), very excited to get back to trying the ones that I didn't fully grasp (as well as those I instantly loved - won't afford to buy them all so there's a need to prioritize). FN is the one I tried first, and I think I might have applied too little of it. Thebes 1 is another I need to re-visit - it went in the "nice but weird" category, and I think I would benefit from another try now that I know what's coming.

  11. #971

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by avrora View Post
    Thanks for sharing that, it's no surprise that this man perceives perfume in a special way. All great choices on your list, of course. A shame Aurum d'Angkhor is unavailable now, looks divine just judging from the notes! Tonight I'm finishing the first round of sampling where each and every sample has been tested (Basmati Rose, Poudre Noir, and Shadee are on the menu tonight), very excited to get back to trying the ones that I didn't fully grasp (as well as those I instantly loved - won't afford to buy them all so there's a need to prioritize). FN is the one I tried first, and I think I might have applied too little of it. Thebes 1 is another I need to re-visit - it went in the "nice but weird" category, and I think I would benefit from another try now that I know what's coming.
    I do believe Sultan is working on a new batch of Aurum D’Angkhor!

    And Thebes is weird! Very weird!!! Even weirder that it’s a reinterpretation of a long-discontinued Guerlain scent! What were Guerlain doing with an Egyptian Sarcophagus scent? Ha. That’s why it became a fascination for me.

  12. #972

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Al Hareem
    Âme Sombre
    Café Ambre Noir
    Nankun Kodo
    Vetiver Blanc

    This are the five attars in the category of “LARGER QUANTITIES OF THIS RIGHT NOW PLEASE” after the first sampling. Most of these speak for themselves, but I must say that Vetiver Blanc is a bit of an unexpected love for me. I consider myself to be a Bortnikoff fan, but I’ve really never warmed up to any version of Vetiver Nocturne. For me, VB is VN done right. A peppermint bubblegummy tuberose opening with just the right amount of sweetness and animalics, and a musky drydown of vetiver and ambergris that is HEAVEN. A powerhouse, too. It is in the top-3 of all the attars I sampled, sillage-wise. Stuff of legends!

    I won’t get into what I didn’t like, because I agree with the sentiment that has been presented above in this thread, the quality of these attars is across the board incredible. Which ones you are to choose should be based on your own experiences/preferences alone. You will NOT regret buying a sample set if you haven’t already done so!

    That said, there is another category for me (with two sub-categories). You might call it “OOH LET’S HEAR THAT ONE MORE TIME PLEASE”, with the sub-categories of “OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING BUT WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?” (Tabacaurum, Fougere Noire, Chypre Narcissus) and just “WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?” (Thebes 1, Cuirlilas, L’Heure d’Or, Diwanya). It is stuff I liked but couldn’t really wrap my nose around, and stuff I didn’t really like or understand, but got me curious or excited in some way regardless. It feels like my perception of an individual attar might be really influenced by expectations, sequence of sampling (which attar was tried/fragrance was worn before) and just general fluctuations in the capacity of my nose.

    I am sure that either attar from either sub-category could jump right into the “LARGER QUANTITIES…”-category upon second wearing. There are also some that garnered less excitement (if I had to invent a category for them it could be “YES OK THIS IS NICE BUT IT DOESN’T SING TO ME”) which also might win me over in time with more tries: Juriah, Irisoir, Oud Douce Amere and Cheval d’Arabie.

    My god. If money wasn’t an issue, I’d buy a ml of each and every attar in his store, to be able to give them proper evaluation. The ones I still didn’t care for would make exquisite gifts if nothing else...

  13. #973

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by vapor-ambient View Post
    I had a similar experience with Juriah and Al Hareem. Whereas Juriah is dominated by animalic oud, Al Hareem is smooth and rounded. Perhaps with further testing, my preference will change. The animalic aspect of Juriah just made for a slightly off-putting first wearing. So far, I think my favorite of the compositions featuring rose is Ensar Rose, though. Feels very fresh and lively in comparison to the others. Also, yes! Tabacaurum is so great. I have yet to try Ame Sombre. Might give it a test tonight or tomorrow.
    How are you coming along with your samples? Would love to hear more of your overall thoughts!

  14. #974

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    This is awesome avrova— glad you’re having as much fun with SPA as we have been on this thread. And I agree on Vetiver Blanc. There’s nothing like it on a spring day!

  15. #975

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by avrora View Post
    How are you coming along with your samples? Would love to hear more of your overall thoughts!
    At this point, I've sampled everything in the set except for Nuit Persane, Cheval D'Arabie, Etude en Fougere, and Oud Douce Amere. Waiting for less busy days to try those out. With only one wearing each of the other attars, these are my general thoughts...

    Some compositions which stood out to me were Le Rayon Vert and Tabacaurum. Le Rayon Vert edged out Fougere Noire only because I found the drydown of the latter to be dominated by spice. The sillage of both are awesome, though. They create bubbles of wonderfully crisp, green air. I'm keen to test out Etude en Fougere and see how it compares. Then, there is Tabacaurum which is just one of the best things I've tried in a while. It has this effect where the gentle, sweet tobacco in the foreground becomes deeper and darker as you inhale. If I had the means, I'd get 3ml and be confident that I wouldn't regret it later on.

    By the way, I'm also somewhat of a Bortnikoff fan, and I definitely get where you're coming from with the comparison between Vetiver Blanc and Vetiver Nocturne (I've only tried the Absolu variant). I've never gotten along with the opening of VNA. Strangely enough, it reminds me of pickles. On the other hand, VB has this clean, earthy, minty opening that segues quickly into incredibly lush florals backed by a nice, heavy dose of ambergris. I agree that the sweetness has been dialed in to just the right level. Found the drydown kind of soapy and less interesting, but still very enjoyable from start to finish. I really like this one, too.

    Most of the others fall into the category of 'I liked it for the most part, but I need to try it again'. For example, I loved the first couple hours of Chypre Narcisse (maybe one of my favorite openings actually - strikes a beautiful balance between animalics and florals), but afterwards it became very fruity in a way I didn't appreciate at the time. Similar story with Basmati Rose: started with that lovely, fragrant rice note, but the drydown was almost overly salty/savory. Maybe now that I know what to expect, I'll have better impressions when I sample these again. Some attars didn’t have any aspects I disliked but nonetheless didn’t inspire much enthusiasm, such as the incense-based ones. Finally, there were very few attars which I disliked more than I liked, such as Thebes (it really is quite strange) and L'Ephemere. I think there’s a chance, albeit small, that I turn a corner on these in the future.

  16. #976

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by vapor-ambient View Post
    At this point, I've sampled everything in the set except for Nuit Persane, Cheval D'Arabie, Etude en Fougere, and Oud Douce Amere. Waiting for less busy days to try those out. With only one wearing each of the other attars, these are my general thoughts...

    Some compositions which stood out to me were Le Rayon Vert and Tabacaurum. Le Rayon Vert edged out Fougere Noire only because I found the drydown of the latter to be dominated by spice. The sillage of both are awesome, though. They create bubbles of wonderfully crisp, green air. I'm keen to test out Etude en Fougere and see how it compares. Then, there is Tabacaurum which is just one of the best things I've tried in a while. It has this effect where the gentle, sweet tobacco in the foreground becomes deeper and darker as you inhale. If I had the means, I'd get 3ml and be confident that I wouldn't regret it later on.

    By the way, I'm also somewhat of a Bortnikoff fan, and I definitely get where you're coming from with the comparison between Vetiver Blanc and Vetiver Nocturne (I've only tried the Absolu variant). I've never gotten along with the opening of VNA. Strangely enough, it reminds me of pickles. On the other hand, VB has this clean, earthy, minty opening that segues quickly into incredibly lush florals backed by a nice, heavy dose of ambergris. I agree that the sweetness has been dialed in to just the right level. Found the drydown kind of soapy and less interesting, but still very enjoyable from start to finish. I really like this one, too.

    Most of the others fall into the category of 'I liked it for the most part, but I need to try it again'. For example, I loved the first couple hours of Chypre Narcisse (maybe one of my favorite openings actually - strikes a beautiful balance between animalics and florals), but afterwards it became very fruity in a way I didn't appreciate at the time. Similar story with Basmati Rose: started with that lovely, fragrant rice note, but the drydown was almost overly salty/savory. Maybe now that I know what to expect, I'll have better impressions when I sample these again. Some attars didn’t have any aspects I disliked but nonetheless didn’t inspire much enthusiasm, such as the incense-based ones. Finally, there were very few attars which I disliked more than I liked, such as Thebes (it really is quite strange) and L'Ephemere. I think there’s a chance, albeit small, that I turn a corner on these in the future.
    Wow, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I too was impressed by the photorealistic grassy greenery of Le Rayon Vert and Fougere Noire. So green they almost gave me a slight hay-feverish tingle in my nose! Must reflect on the quality of natural materials used, so impressive. Was really on the fence about FN but concluded that the somewhat oldschooly oakmossy fougere is not really my thing. In fact, sampling these attars has strenghtened my belief that I tend not to fall for fragrances which are classically and identifiably French in their structure. Both of the Chypres (Narcisse/Chrysantheme) and both of the Fougeres (Noire/Etude de), while obviously very well executed with excellent materials, do not move me in any particular way.

    Others did, though. Just put in my order for 1mls of Tabacaurum, Al Hareem, Oud Douce Amere, Vetiver Blanc, Cafe Ambre Noir, Nankun Kodo and Resine Precieux. No regrets whatsoever despite it completely depleting my perfume budget for a long time to come. This might render sales of other stuff though... As I said before, the bar is higher from now on!
    Last edited by avrora; 28th August 2020 at 11:00 AM.

  17. #977
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by vapor-ambient View Post
    I had a similar experience with Juriah and Al Hareem. Whereas Juriah is dominated by animalic oud, Al Hareem is smooth and rounded. Perhaps with further testing, my preference will change. The animalic aspect of Juriah just made for a slightly off-putting first wearing. So far, I think my favorite of the compositions featuring rose is Ensar Rose, though. Feels very fresh and lively in comparison to the others. Also, yes! Tabacaurum is so great. I have yet to try Ame Sombre. Might give it a test tonight or tomorrow.
    I’ve been wearing Ensar Rose a lot during this hot Italian summer and it’s been stunning every time. Like most people here, my list of potential future purchases has just become a list of Sultan Pasha attars

  18. #978

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by avrora View Post

    Others did, though. Just put in my order for 1mls of Tabacaurum, Al Hareem, Oud Douce Amere, Vetiver Blanc, Cafe Ambre Noir, Nankun Kodo and Resine Precieux. No regrets whatsoever despite it completely depleting my perfume budget for a long time to come. This might render sales of other stuff though... As I said before, the bar is higher from now on!
    Fantastic choices. Am sure you'll enjoy them. Tabacarum has been a stand out in that lot for me. Very potent and just a swipe lasts the whole day.

    Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

  19. #979
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
    I’ve been wearing Ensar Rose a lot during this hot Italian summer and it’s been stunning every time. Like most people here, my list of potential future purchases has just become a list of Sultan Pasha attars
    Haven’t tried Ensar Rose yet but every one of the dozen SPA I have tried could fill that role for me where I live. SP attars are so consistently exceptional they have made purchasing others a challenge. Since getting into SPA suddenly choosing a scent for the day seems tough. I am trying not to open more samples from SPA as I am contemplating the new Arrej Le Dore series coming up for sale this weekend... Of the five SPA I have purchased I know one thing for certain... buy the 3 ml if you can, totally worth it. A sample labelled CL is calling my name. No idea what it is...

    How much honey do you pickup in Ensar Rose? Any thoughts on the oud?
    Currently wearing: Thebes G1 by Sultan Pasha

  20. #980
    Super Member Sultan al Hindi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Hindustan
    Posts
    213

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Any fans of Jardin de Borneo Gardenia here?

    I find that this one really compliments the summer heat very well.It's a fantastic, magical offering and is surprise to me as I normally don't like white florals! Going to have to get myself a full bottle soon or else the Mrs will kill me.

    Very rare that you find an attar that lives up to its name and more.Bravo Sultan!
    Last edited by Sultan al Hindi; 28th August 2020 at 08:31 PM.
    Currently wearing: Iris Ghalia by Ensar Oud

  21. #981
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by U2u View Post
    Haven’t tried Ensar Rose yet but every one of the dozen SPA I have tried could fill that role for me where I live. SP attars are so consistently exceptional they have made purchasing others a challenge. Since getting into SPA suddenly choosing a scent for the day seems tough. I am trying not to open more samples from SPA as I am contemplating the new Arrej Le Dore series coming up for sale this weekend... Of the five SPA I have purchased I know one thing for certain... buy the 3 ml if you can, totally worth it. A sample labelled CL is calling my name. No idea what it is...

    How much honey do you pickup in Ensar Rose? Any thoughts on the oud?
    I sense that honey is there and working its magic with sweetening the rose and perhaps giving it the radiance it has in the middle notes. But as with the oud, I think it’s all just harmonising together perfectly within the perfume’s development. I don’t pick up tuberose and vetiver on their own but smell that they are there, if that makes any sense. In the far drydown I certainly smell a stunningly beautiful oud on its own; but I imagine its doing wonders to the composition throughout its development.

    Could that ‘L’ you’re seeing on the sample be a ‘C’? That would make it CC: Chypre Chrysantheme.

  22. #982
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
    I sense that honey is there and working its magic with sweetening the rose and perhaps giving it the radiance it has in the middle notes. But as with the oud, I think it’s all just harmonising together perfectly within the perfume’s development. I don’t pick up tuberose and vetiver on their own but smell that they are there, if that makes any sense. In the far drydown I certainly smell a stunningly beautiful oud on its own; but I imagine its doing wonders to the composition throughout its development.

    Could that ‘L’ you’re seeing on the sample be a ‘C’? That would make it CC: Chypre Chrysantheme.
    Thank you for that detailed reply. Next order will be including Ensar Rose for sure. I had previously sampled CC and that was my first thought but the second C simply looked much closer to L. Gave it a run and, yes, it was CC. Very nice but CN is the one I will buy.
    Currently wearing: Thebes G1 by Sultan Pasha

  23. #983

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Hey everyone, what have your experiences been with SP:s order expedition? I ordered about a week ago (the 27th) and instantly received confirmation, but no updates after that. I understand that it is a one man operation and that these are strange times, so no hard feelings at all - just checking if I can get a hint of what to expect. I yearn!!

  24. #984
    All Is Beautiful
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    5,935

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    He is usually very slow at sending orders. 2 or 3 weeks is not uncommon.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

  25. #985

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    He is usually very slow at sending orders. 2 or 3 weeks is not uncommon.
    Ah, thanks, that's helpful. So, I just need to pace myself and breathe, then...

  26. #986

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by avrora View Post
    Ah, thanks, that's helpful. So, I just need to pace myself and breathe, then...
    Yeah, my first order with Sultan, I was SWEATING!

  27. #987

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    Yeah, my first order with Sultan, I was SWEATING!
    Hah. Torture.

  28. #988

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by Sultan al Hindi View Post
    Any fans of Jardin de Borneo Gardenia here?

    I find that this one really compliments the summer heat very well.It's a fantastic, magical offering and is surprise to me as I normally don't like white florals! Going to have to get myself a full bottle soon or else the Mrs will kill me.

    Very rare that you find an attar that lives up to its name and more.Bravo Sultan!
    That is probably my 2nd favorite of his behind Encens Chypre which i consider a masterpiece. I dont think either of the 2 new chypres he put out came close to that really.

    Have you tried Shadee as well? If you like Jardin de Borneo Gardenia, you may also like Shadee.

  29. #989
    Super Member Sultan al Hindi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Hindustan
    Posts
    213

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    Quote Originally Posted by avo1811 View Post
    That is probably my 2nd favorite of his behind Encens Chypre which i consider a masterpiece. I dont think either of the 2 new chypres he put out came close to that really.

    Have you tried Shadee as well? If you like Jardin de Borneo Gardenia, you may also like Shadee.
    I haven't actually.

    It was for my other half and my first delve into a proper floral by SPA, so it was a toss up between that, Shadee, Sohan d'Iris and Le Rayon Vert.

    Are they different enough to own both, do you think?
    Currently wearing: Iris Ghalia by Ensar Oud

  30. #990

    Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

    I just dumped nearly two ml of Ame Sombre on my shirt. The shirt smells great but it’s an expensive mistake and I’m extremely bummed about it. Man.




Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New to the world of frangrances!
    By Teostraa in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 25th February 2014, 11:36 PM
  2. Pasha Eau Genereuse + Pasha Eau D'Hiver
    By MisterK in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20th August 2010, 03:57 PM
  3. Canon of Frangrances
    By BirdontheWire in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17th July 2010, 03:05 AM
  4. Rainy Day Frangrances
    By bidnez11 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 16th February 2010, 08:12 AM
  5. I can only get three frangrances. What would you choose?
    By IndyNet in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 18th August 2009, 02:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000