Code of Conduct
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1331

Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

also shipping anything, especially fragrances, out of Britain is apparently the hardest it's ever been at this moment.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1 View Post
    Glad to know its not just me, thanks guys!
    There has been some information posted elsewhere that he is meeting some personal challenges at present. He had some earlier bad breaks in fall when he shut his web store down briefly yet still managed to fulfill orders. I had a largish order in at the time and he came through 100% and then some. Being that he uses Royal Mail it can be slow and there was supposedly a mail stoppage with the recent Covid developments and Brexit. I had an Ensar order that normally would pass through Luton and Heathrow a few days ago bypass the UK altogether. Suggestive that shipping problems persist. Normally when a Sultan Pasha order ships there is a few days delay for him to get the tracking information from the post office. When he has it he emails that to the customer. I would not worry. The wait might be a challenge but the end result will be worth it. You will find his customer service focused on the contents of your bottles...
    Currently wearing: Al Hareem by Sultan Pasha

Quote Originally Posted by U2u View Post
    There has been some information posted elsewhere that he is meeting some personal challenges at present. He had some earlier bad breaks in fall when he shut his web store down briefly yet still managed to fulfill orders. I had a largish order in at the time and he came through 100% and then some. Being that he uses Royal Mail it can be slow and there was supposedly a mail stoppage with the recent Covid developments and Brexit. I had an Ensar order that normally would pass through Luton and Heathrow a few days ago bypass the UK altogether. Suggestive that shipping problems persist. Normally when a Sultan Pasha order ships there is a few days delay for him to get the tracking information from the post office. When he has it he emails that to the customer. I would not worry. The wait might be a challenge but the end result will be worth it. You will find his customer service focused on the contents of your bottles...
    I appreciate your post, and I didn't even stop to consider the whole Brexit ordeal on top of everything else that's currently going on. I guess all I can do is patiently wait.

Quote Originally Posted by U2u View Post
    Yep, if you can find patience, everything will be good. And the product is definitely top notch and well worth it. But even when there wasn’t a pandemic or anything else going on with SP, there still wasn’t thorough communication or timely orders. That’s just the way it is. Hopefully everything is going ok with him these days, that’s what matters most.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    Yep, if you can find patience, everything will be good. And the product is definitely top notch and well worth it. But even when there wasn’t a pandemic or anything else going on with SP, there still wasn’t thorough communication or timely orders. That’s just the way it is. Hopefully everything is going ok with him these days, that’s what matters most.
    By no means do I want to write him / or his fragrances off just because of slow shipping or lack of communication. I think of myself as a very loyal brand consumer and maybe when things start to return to a sense of normalcy I might try a few more of his offerings. I share your sentiments also and hope that everything is ok with him.

My SOTD is Encens Chypre. The interactions amongst oakmoss, florals, animalics, and resins are so pleasing to my nose! I hope he'll bring it back asap so that people can try/repurchase this vernal beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by bewithme View Post
    Attachment 141473
    Juriah - The symphony of roses
    Warning: Only for rose lovers.
    The roses are the stars from the beginning to the end.
    It starts with a powerful bouquet of roses: tea-like citrusy taif, sweet delicate alba, and jammy Turkish.
    Quickly, oud and kick in. The oud is slightly animalic and creamy, not overwhelming at all. I love the herbal tea notes from Osmanthus/chrysanthemum combo.
    Finally, the Hindi oud, amber, musk, and ambergris warm it up with spiciness, saltiness, and some sweetness. The musk is like a fur blanket that wrap everything up. So comfortable and cozy.
    The whole experience was so vivid and sophisticated that you can actually "see" every single ingredient and "feel" the effects of the combination. Super quality ingredients and skillfully blended.
    I applied only 1 drop to one wrist and gently rubbed 2 wrists together. The projection was very strong at first 6-8 hrs. The total longevity was more than 12hrs (after I took a shower, I could still smell the musk/amber)
    My overall rating: 9.5/10
    Nice picture. Where did you get the box from?

Quote Originally Posted by Mubashar View Post
    Nice picture. Where did you get the box from?
    I got it on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Beautiful-Ess...sTY4n_6Uss9RTk

Deleted
    Currently wearing: Boy Chanel by Chanel

deleted
    Last edited by mystic1; 16th January 2021 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bewithme View Post
    Thank you. A good storage solution for attars.

Deleted

You get any response yet Jcelello? I know Sultan is pretty bad at getting orders out in a timely manner but two months is more than I’ve ever experienced(I think it took nearly 90 days for samples to reach me once but it was mostly a round and round with the mail).
    Currently wearing: MAAI by Bogue Profumo

I sent an email last week, but no response. The earliest order I’m waiting on was placed two months ago now. Hope everything is alright.

Update: I was able to connect with Sultan. My order was returned to him before making it to me, so he had to send it out again. That accounts for the long delay on my order. I am now back to being excited

Quote Originally Posted by Jcelello View Post
    Update: I was able to connect with Sultan. My order was returned to him before making it to me, so he had to send it out again. That accounts for the long delay on my order. I am now back to being excited
    That’s exactly what happened to me on my long order. I’m so glad you got it sorted. I’ve never had an issue since that first order.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Jcelello View Post
    Excellent .
    good for you.

Received my latest goodies from Sultan Pasha today. They arrived via regular post without any issue.

To start off I wore Moonlit Reverie. What follows is my first impression of three hours only:
    - So far, this is a tuberose soliflore, with some sandalwood, ambergris infused cold sea breeze and perhaps a hint of gardenia.
    - It smells like I'm shoving my nose in some fully bloomed tuberose stocks. Imagine you're enjoying your evening walk in a flower garden somewhere tropical where it rained heavily earlier that day and now it is humid, a bit windy and the air is colder. So whilst breathing in this white floral, you're getting the optimal smell without overwhelming the nose.
    - I also get the green facets of tuberose which I typically associate with its green stems. It is also detectable when I take whiffs of fresh tuberose at the initial stage - both slightly- and fully-bloomed ones. IMHO, it plays a very important role of not letting MR veering towards an overtly animalic and leathery tuberose composition.
    - MR is sold out at the moment. Buy don't worry as he is making more - just like Aurum D'Ankhor!

The next few weeks (if not months) I will have some fantastic times analysing their countless subtleties and more importantly, enjoying these beauties.

Great first impressions Ashfaque
    How does it to Vetiver Blanc?

Quote Originally Posted by Balushi View Post
    Great first impressions Ashfaque
    How does it to Vetiver Blanc?
    Thanks. I shared some notes on VB few months ago.

I am yet to finish my detailed reviews of it and a few others that I have been keeping notes on as I wear them over different occasions. SPAs are so complicated to describe, that it takes me long time to describe them cohesively.

Nankun Kodo (First Impression): The way a tea like smell, spices and a distant smoke interact on my skin is very calming. It is beyond beautiful. You have captured the smell of of Shoyeido’s NK in the best possible way. I will have to get more Nankun Kodo (Southern Wind) sticks and burn them on my DIY heater whilst wearing this. Love the way Japanese cedar imparts and compliments with its smoky and woody qualities here. The smoke here is a complicated one which may appear simple. To my nose, it is a combination of cedar, possibly some cypress, clove (a smell that we get immediately after it’s peppery facet or thereabouts), the heart of rectified birch tar, perhaps star anise and a touch of oud. This attar is so comforting – especially in cold weather. This could potentially remove Ame Sombre's no.1 position, which has been there since 2017!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaque View Post
    Nankun Kodo (First Impression): The way a tea like smell, spices and a distant smoke interact on my skin is very calming. It is beyond beautiful. You have captured the smell of of Shoyeido’s NK in the best possible way. I will have to get more Nankun Kodo (Southern Wind) sticks and burn them on my DIY heater whilst wearing this. Love the way Japanese cedar imparts and compliments with its smoky and woody qualities here. The smoke here is a complicated one which may appear simple. To my nose, it is a combination of cedar, possibly some cypress, clove (a smell that we get immediately after it’s peppery facet or thereabouts), the heart of rectified birch tar, perhaps star anise and a touch of oud. This attar is so comforting – especially in cold weather. This could potentially remove Ame Sombre's no.1 position, which has been there since 2017!
    Fantastic description!

Thank P_M

Wearing Cheval d'Arabie for the 1st time. Imagine your stoke a horse and then without washing your hands, you applied a generous amount of Assam belt leathery oud and sparkly rose on that spot. Then in the evening you're sitting somewhere windy and very dry and getting a gentle waft of a nearby campfire. The ambergris, and castoreum makes it louder. Tamed boisterousness. This is Khaliji through and through.

I also wore Cheval d'Arabie today for the first time. Testing notes: "Like a (horse) stable." In the best possible way. Very animalic, sensual, and extremely masculine, in my opinion. Nice tenacity and performance. This is a boss scent. One of my favorites from the house.
    WTB: Chanel Sycomore EDT
    My sale thread

All Is Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by RC. View Post
    I also wore Cheval d'Arabie today for the first time. Testing notes: "Like a (horse) stable." In the best possible way. Very animalic, sensual, and extremely masculine, in my opinion. Nice tenacity and performance. This is a boss scent. One of my favorites from the house.
    I wore it yesterday for maybe the third time. Quite lovely. It isn’t a huge projector. And not as animalic as I was led to believe. A really interesting interpretation of rose to my nose.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Basenotes Plus

Nankun Kodo my DIY heater
    Just wondering how you did your heater ?
    I ordered a subitism heater from HeavenScent72 on Etsy on December 10th , shipped on the 19th.
    I still haven't received it yet . It's January 31 .
    I haven't ordered anything from Sultan Pasha in sometime.
    I want to order Âme Sombre , and heat up some of these frankincense chunks I got from JK/Rising Phoenix .
    From what I understand , you heat up oud and or other matching aromas with what your going to wear,
    then sit back and enjoy the special enhancements.
    My heater looks like it's not going to show, so that's why I'm asking.

Quote Originally Posted by JBS1 View Post
    Just wondering how you did your heater ?
    I ordered a subitism heater from HeavenScent72 on Etsy on December 10th , shipped on the 19th.
    I still haven't received it yet . It's January 31 .
    I haven't ordered anything from Sultan Pasha in sometime.
    I want to order Âme Sombre , and heat up some of these frankincense chunks I got from JK/Rising Phoenix .
    From what I understand , you heat up oud and or other matching aromas with what your going to wear,
    then sit back and enjoy the special enhancements.
    My heater looks like it's not going to show, so that's why I'm asking.
    My unit is based on KyaraZen's tutorial. KZ calls it 'Subitism' style temperature adjustable incense heater. This article by KZ is relevant too. It is very easy to make.

I posted some tips (to avoid potential issue during sewing heating element wire) and a template based on the KZ design here. The thread would make sense once you read through KZ's tutorial.

To optimise my experience (capturing all the subtleties):
    - I increase the temperature up to the point when I can barely see the smoke. I call it my non-visible smoke method.
    - At one point you'll see that you're not getting any smell. At this point, let's call it the 2nd stage, I increase the temperature further to extract the rest of the smell.
    - With such method, I can enjoy tiny amount (say 5mmx5mm) of highly resinated oud chips for over 2 hours.
    - I do the same with frankincense. In fact, if you add some fresh ones at the '2nd stage', you can get the top (peppery and lemony) facets and the deeper (thick resinous and slightly sweet) facets all in one go but with very clear odour delineation.

Happy building!

Basenotes Plus

My unit is based on KyaraZen's tutorial. KZ calls it 'Subitism' style temperature adjustable incense heater. This article by KZ is relevant too. It is very easy to make.

I posted some tips (to avoid potential issue during sewing heating element wire) and a template based on the KZ design here. The thread would make sense once you read through KZ's tutorial.

To optimise my experience (capturing all the subtleties):
    - I increase the temperature up to the point when I can barely see the smoke. I call it my non-visible smoke method.
    - At one point you'll see that you're not getting any smell. At this point, let's call it the 2nd stage, I increase the temperature further to extract the rest of the smell.
    - With such method, I can enjoy tiny amount (say 5mmx5mm) of highly resinated oud chips for over 2 hours.
    - I do the same with frankincense. In fact, if you add some fresh ones at the '2nd stage', you can get the top (peppery and lemony) facets and the deeper (thick resinous and slightly sweet) facets all in one go but with very clear odour delineation.

Happy building!
    Thank you for your quick reply.
    I've bookmarked , for I am not on Intsagram .
    I am subscribed to KrayaZen, but I don't get many/any emails.
    I'll have to check my spam more closely.
    Again, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by JBS1 View Post
    Thank you for your quick reply.
    I've bookmarked , for I am not on Intsagram .
    I am subscribed to KrayaZen, but I don't get many/any emails.
    I'll have to check my spam more closely.
    Again, thank you.
    You're welcome, JBS1. KZ rarely posts anything new these days. Hopefully he'll share more agarwood related stuffs from Chinese and Japanese language and his own experience.
    Anyway wore Irisoir first time today. This is an orris root jam - flavoured with healthy doses of violet, balsams, resins, and fruity molasses. I am already thinking of getting more. Don't tell my wife!
    Attached Images Attached Images

First impression of Chypre Narcisse. Simply gorgeous. The man is a genius.

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast