Code of Conduct
Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1352

Default Re: Sultan Pasha's Fragrances

I received my last order within 20 days of being shipped. I personally do not mind waiting. In fact, I typically ask Sultan keep my stuffs with him. Once they reach a certain number I ask him to send them to me. That way I save some shipping cost. My guess is the combination of Brexit and C-19 combination has made the situation more difficult for Sultan and for some patrons. But hopefully things will get better over time for all parties concerned.

Now something strange and beautiful. Here is my first impression of Thebes-1:
    - What an otherworldly composition! There is lot going in it.
    - On my skin, it begins with a searing muguet with crystalline aldehyde.
    - I also get lots of ambergris – a lot of it. Together those three gives me a cold rainy-day vibe.
    - Here is what I mean…Within 10-15 minutes, the smell very clearly reminds me of walks during English autumns when the leaves start falling. It rains almost every day, and in general, slightly windy. There are also some fallen small twigs & branches. The soil is very wet and thus, it gives off a wet mineralic and dank smell. Most (if not all 1-2 days old) fallen leaves are mashed up and they've started to rot in the presence of such weather and soil. T-1 brings back memory of all these smells that I used to get when I used to walked through a park, full of tall oak trees in my university campus. If you trudge through in most woodlands of UK in such weather (in my case, in late afternoon), you'll know exactly what I mean.
    - Within all that sombreness I get some rooty vetiver, and/or, orris, slightly indolic common jasmine.
    - I also get a warm and slightly sweaty human skin smell, which has similarities with calamus, costus root, and possibly clary sage and anise/wormwood.

This is a very moody composition and depending on the wearer’s state of mind, can potentially be a (very) sombre one. I now want to smell Djedi (1913) even more!
    Last edited by Ashfaque; 25th February 2021 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Details added

thank you for this tread. I so would like to try SP. Tell please, where i can order samples Sultan Pasha with international delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by sultanpasha View Post
    Now Interms of Egyptian white musk I'm incredibly weary of using them as they could contain just about anything including the banned nitromusks ....specifically musk xylene. This applies to the White musks and dark musks by all the well known Arabain houses unfortunately....you just don't know and there is no way to know what's in there unless you lab test unfortunately. I've known and seen people unfortunately even mix talcum powder with cheap rose oil and guargum and call it Egyptian white musk....so I don't see why they wouldn't use nitromusks which are super cheap and potent. However for you my dear friend I will mix up some lovely creamy sandalwood with a dash of Madagascar vanilla and a tiny amount of muscenone and ambretollide....that will beat Egyptian white musk by miles ;-D

I think dear Sultan Pasha won't respond me, cos past a lot time since this message. But i would like to know about one musk and maybe somebody can help me. Last autumn i bought attar in Istambul - they called it "White ambra". Odore is magic and it smells incredible beautiful. No any notice what is it , i bought it in Grand bazaar between all arabian oils. It looks like white no trasprent oil and if it dont touch long time i see sediment

Quote Originally Posted by litworth View Post
    I just think a big mistake artisanal houses make is that they underestimate the value consumers place on timely deliveries and timely communication. At this price point I expect quick and efficient shipping. I spend a lot of money on fragrances but I’m more of a instant gratification type guy. I’m much more likely to make consistent purchases if I know it only takes a few days for the products to get to me. If Roja and HJ can do it then SP can too. And if business is so good that it literally takes 2 weeks to ship an item out, it sounds like the business owner needs to use some of that cash to hire extra hands to help. I feel that the increased revenue that would come along with having a legitly consistent and timely shipping apparatus would exceed the cost. No perfumer can grow to Roja or Creed levels without that solid distribution shop.
    I definitely think it’s fair to feel frustration at the length of time it takes the guy to get packages to you. And I think it’s very possible that the frustration can outway the reward for some people. And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that.

That being said, mentioning a lone artist in the same breath as a Creed or Roja Dove is —- in my humble view—- to totally miss what you’re getting with Sultan Pasha. I would definitely look at this as a piece of art you’re buying from a single artist. He doesn’t market, he doesn’t make millions. He’s just one guy that can keep making Attars because he doesn’t hire a staff. He lives in London and didn’t move to Malaysia to be able to save a bunch of money and hire a nice staff. With Sultan “it is what it is” and sometimes it IS annoying. But once you get a few of his Attars and start going through his sample pack, you might believe he’s a once in a generation type talent. Or maybe you won’t! In which case it’s easy to stop supporting him.

I was super annoyed my first order but now I’m so glad I stuck with it. IMO that’s the calculation you make when you decide to go with SPA.
    Currently wearing: Homa (हवन) by Prin

Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    I definitely think it’s fair to feel frustration at the length of time it takes the guy to get packages to you. And I think it’s very possible that the frustration can outway the reward for some people. And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that.

That being said, mentioning a lone artist in the same breath as a Creed or Roja Dove is —- in my humble view—- to totally miss what you’re getting with Sultan Pasha. I would definitely look at this as a piece of art you’re buying from a single artist. He doesn’t market, he doesn’t make millions. He’s just one guy that can keep making Attars because he doesn’t hire a staff. He lives in London and didn’t move to Malaysia to be able to save a bunch of money and hire a nice staff. With Sultan “it is what it is” and sometimes it IS annoying. But once you get a few of his Attars and start going through his sample pack, you might believe he’s a once in a generation type talent. Or maybe you won’t! In which case it’s easy to stop supporting him.

I was super annoyed my first order but now I’m so glad I stuck with it. IMO that’s the calculation you make when you decide to go with SPA.
    I agree with you, and the overall business difference between SP and most everybody else, and expecting to need a bit more patience and time is completely warranted. And maybe not getting an instant gratification response should also be ok and understood given his business and situation. But my only point is, it is just excessive waiting and lack of communication, and I think SP has the ability to be better about those parts of his business.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonhoun View Post
    thank you for this tread. I so would like to try SP. Tell please, where i can order samples Sultan Pasha with international delivery?
    You can pre-order the sample set here. You'll get it as and when he makes the next batch of sample set. As you can see he is one man army. So cut him some big slack (saying this in the most affectionate way). Hopefully you'll enjoy his works as much as many of us do. In case you don't know, when you receive them:
    - Do not apply more 2-4 pinheads amount of any attar, s.t. composition, your skin chemistry and your preferences. If you over-apply, you'll miss out a lot of nuances.
    - For assessment, try at most 2 attars a day - but not together. Also try the lighter one before trying something more base heavy on the same day. Later you can play around.
    - If you don't like something, try it under different weather condition. For example, without A/C room, I don't think I can wear the stunningly gorgeous Tabacaurum, Dewaniya, Tabac Grand, Cheval d'Arabie and other heavy-weights in our upcoming hot & humid weather.

If you are on FB, join his group. His sense of humour will occasionally make you howl!

Quote Originally Posted by Agonhoun View Post
    I think dear Sultan Pasha won't respond me, cos past a lot time since this message. But i would like to know about one musk and maybe somebody can help me. Last autumn i bought attar in Istambul - they called it "White ambra". Odore is magic and it smells incredible beautiful. No any notice what is it , i bought it in Grand bazaar between all arabian oils. It looks like white no trasprent oil and if it dont touch long time i see sediment
    I don't think Sultan has anything like that. That sort of white musk (also known Musk Tahara) and cloudy attar is quite common and most of its components (if not all) are synthetic (which doesn't necessarily mean bad). Here I'm just assuming what you bought in Istanbul is most likely a variant of those. With that pre-amble, try Maison Abdul Karim Faransi's musk compositions - mixed media. Some of his stuffs are quite good.
    Last edited by Ashfaque; 25th February 2021 at 03:58 PM. Reason: silly grammar

Hey everyone hope all is well
    Please forgive me for the long delays as unfortunately in mid October till very recently I’ve been facing some personal problems which just aggravated my psychological issues. All these issues are of course not related to my business as frankly business has been truly excellent and I can’t thank my patrons like yourselves enough.
    However as I’m a one man operator and if I’m unwell that totally impacts operations....the psychological issues and alongside suffering from Covid in December unfortunately impacted operations greatly. My nose did not return back to normal till mid January and suffering from Covid just totally left me whacked out and out of sync. Anyway good news is my nose is back to normal and I’m able smell again as a result of which I’ve been composing a lot more.
    Once my nose returned back to normal I was able to send out all the December orders which was the reason for the delay however due to the final Brexit transition on the first of January 2021 some parcels are stuck in the U.K. Customs office at Langley which unfortunately is totally out of my control. Only thing myself and the customers can do is really wait for the parcel to be sent to the destination or retuned.
    Unfortunately Royal Mail is really the only viable option in U.K. as all the other courier services costs a lot....minimum £40+ per parcel however for anyone that does an order over £600+ I use FEDEX, DHL or UPS complimentarily. If anyone wishing to use this service they can send me a message and I will try to note it down on the system.
    With regards to messages I’m so sorry for responding to them so slowly as I receive so many messages on a weekly basis but I try to only respond to the most urgent ones best I can although I know and understand that is not the most prudent thing to do.
    Also sometimes due to my psychological issues it’s extremely difficult to do anything but what gives me the most comfort during those extremely difficult and dark times is really and truly composing and total and absolute introversion. Due the personal difficulties that I faced towards the end of 2020 it severely impacted me psychologically and I needed a lot of healing and still do.....but the beauty of such dark times is that it’s during these times that I truly shine artistically and produce art that’s the most expressive....so yes hahaha I hope to surprise you all with what was created during these dark times....the newest batch of Aurum D’Angkhor for example will truly surprise you....couple of other compositions will be released soon as well that were made during this period that I’m extremely pleased with :-)
    So yeah with every difficulty and hardship comes ease, with calamity and tribulation is an opportunity to new and better things and directions.
    For some super rare goodies check me out on ebay: scents-rarity
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1512613529...84.m1555.l2649
    Currently wearing: Oudh Al Masarat by Amouage

Dear Ashfaque, thank you for answer. I ordered samples Sultan Pasha yesterday and will wait it with calm humility �� Also, i was inspired with description and i ordered set of natural ouds)) from Ensar ( i received advice from this forum ��)
    About Tahara i know, i have it , but this, what i bought in Istambul as “white amber” smells not same and it seems nice sintetic thing, and i still interested how it was done

Thank you for advice how wear attars SP, i live in cold country ( last week was minus 27 degree ��) and some perfums really sound more better in cold weather . Yesterday i enjoyed with Oudh Dusita��

Have a Good week-end ��

Quote Originally Posted by sultanpasha View Post
    Hey everyone hope all is well
    Please forgive me for the long delays as unfortunately in mid October till very recently I’ve been facing some personal problems which just aggravated my psychological issues. All these issues are of course not related to my business as frankly business has been truly excellent and I can’t thank my patrons like yourselves enough.
    However as I’m a one man operator and if I’m unwell that totally impacts operations....the psychological issues and alongside suffering from Covid in December unfortunately impacted operations greatly. My nose did not return back to normal till mid January and suffering from Covid just totally left me whacked out and out of sync. Anyway good news is my nose is back to normal and I’m able smell again as a result of which I’ve been composing a lot more.
    Once my nose returned back to normal I was able to send out all the December orders which was the reason for the delay however due to the final Brexit transition on the first of January 2021 some parcels are stuck in the U.K. Customs office at Langley which unfortunately is totally out of my control. Only thing myself and the customers can do is really wait for the parcel to be sent to the destination or retuned.
    Unfortunately Royal Mail is really the only viable option in U.K. as all the other courier services costs a lot....minimum £40+ per parcel however for anyone that does an order over £600+ I use FEDEX, DHL or UPS complimentarily. If anyone wishing to use this service they can send me a message and I will try to note it down on the system.
    With regards to messages I’m so sorry for responding to them so slowly as I receive so many messages on a weekly basis but I try to only respond to the most urgent ones best I can although I know and understand that is not the most prudent thing to do.
    Also sometimes due to my psychological issues it’s extremely difficult to do anything but what gives me the most comfort during those extremely difficult and dark times is really and truly composing and total and absolute introversion. Due the personal difficulties that I faced towards the end of 2020 it severely impacted me psychologically and I needed a lot of healing and still do.....but the beauty of such dark times is that it’s during these times that I truly shine artistically and produce art that’s the most expressive....so yes hahaha I hope to surprise you all with what was created during these dark times....the newest batch of Aurum D’Angkhor for example will truly surprise you....couple of other compositions will be released soon as well that were made during this period that I’m extremely pleased with :-)
    So yeah with every difficulty and hardship comes ease, with calamity and tribulation is an opportunity to new and better things and directions.
    So glad you’re starting to see your way out of the dark clouds, Sultan and very much looking forward to the new compositions.

Default Re: Ароматы султана-паши

[ЦИТАТА=султанпаша;5126995]Эй, все надеются, что все в порядке Пожалуйста, простите меня за длительные задержки, так как, к сожалению, в середине октября до совсем недавно я сталкивался с некоторыми личными проблемами, которые только что усугубили мои психологические проблемы. Все эти вопросы, конечно, не связаны с моим бизнесом, так как, честно говоря, бизнес был действительно отличным, и я не могу достаточно поблагодарить своих покровителей, таких как вы сами. Однако, поскольку я оператор с одним человеком и если я нездоров, это полностью влияет на операции... психологические проблемы и наряду с страданиями от Covid в декабре, к сожалению, сильно повлияли на операции. Мой нос вернулся в нормальное состояние только в середине января, и страдание Covid просто полностью оставило меня в состоянии и не синхронизироваться. В любом случае, хорошая новость в том, что мой нос вернулся в нормальное русло, и я снова чувствую запах, в результате чего я сочинял гораздо больше. Как только мой нос вернулся в нормальное русло, я смог отправить все декабрьские заказы, что стало причиной задержки, однако из-за окончательного перехода на Брексит первым января 2021 года некоторые посылки застряли в Великобритании.. [ /ЦИТАТА]

Oh dear Sultan Pasha, please, accept my sincere regrets for your suffering. So sorry it happened with you.(( I very much wish you to be healthy. It is some opinion that after covid the nose will work with an aggravation and we will enjoy your creations.)))

[ЦИТАТА=Ашфак;5125027] Если вы находитесь на FB, присоединяйтесь к его группе. His sense of humor sometimes makes you to how! .[ /ЦИТА]
    Upd. I found! )
    Please give me FB SСултан-pashi, буду очень рада прочитать больше от него!)
    Last edited by Agonhoun; 28th February 2021 at 05:51 PM.

While I wait for Sultan Pasha to prepare and send my orders, I purchased 1ml of Tabacaurum from another basenoter, second hand. It’s very nice and very complex. At first I was tempted to say that it smells like Pinaud Clubman to me, and aspects of it certainly does smell that way to me, but then I tried it the following day and it literally smells different than the day before. Usually I roll my eyes when people say that a scent is “complex” but I would have to agree that this one is complex. I’ve worn it 2 days in a row and there are many different aspects and angles to this fragrance. It’s a shapeshifter for sure. Also, I would like to note that this stuff is NUCLEAR but not in a loud kind of way. When I say nuclear, what I mean is that it really does take just a tiny bit to make its presence known. I’m talking about just very very small dots with the applicator wand. I also think that it’s so concentrated that seemingly minuscule differences between the amount of the oil applied can have huge differences in the scent profile coming off of skin. The potency is great. Probably the most potent fragrance I own. Great stuff.

Placed an order 2 months ago and Im still waiting on shipment info .... What a headache

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Fwilko View Post
    Placed an order 2 months ago and Im still waiting on shipment info .... What a headache
    He is no doubt playing catch up following the events he wrote about above. Yesterday I received a shipping notice from him for an order I have been anxiously waiting for. Things are starting to move so hopefully your wait is also nearing its end. Orders shipping and the news on his Zoologist collaboration are all good signs Sultan is getting back to normal and we can continue to obtain his amazing scents.

Ok - this is the problem. People always are so quick to justify. I’ve been waiting for a month for my fragrances. Purchased almost $2k worth of items. I got a notification that my items were shipped yesterday. However, no tracking number was provided. I emailed him yesterday morning asking for the tracking numbers but have not gotten a response yet. It IS a headache and my sense is that it will continue to be like this as long as people are quick to justify the lack of communication and incredible wait times. I believe that
    I am a compassionate person. I understand if you have medical issues that prevent you from shipping out orders timely. With that being said, stop taking orders and taking people’s money if your so backed up. Or at a minimum, change your shipping policy on your website. The website still says items will be shipped out in less than 2 weeks which we all know is not the case. Why not make it clear on your website that orders can take up to 2 months to be shipped? It comes across as a lack of care for the customer. It’s not right to have someone waiting for months on end with no communication.

Quote Originally Posted by U2u View Post
    his Zoologist collaboration
    I missed this! I am excited to learn more. Where might I find the details?

Dependent

Ok - this is the problem. People always are so quick to justify. I’ve been waiting for a month for my fragrances. Purchased almost $2k worth of items. I got a notification that my items were shipped yesterday. However, no tracking number was provided. I emailed him yesterday morning asking for the tracking numbers but have not gotten a response yet. It IS a headache and my sense is that it will continue to be like this as long as people are quick to justify the lack of communication and incredible wait times. I believe that
    I am a compassionate person. I understand if you have medical issues that prevent you from shipping out orders timely. With that being said, stop taking orders and taking people’s money if your so backed up. Or at a minimum, change your shipping policy on your website. The website still says items will be shipped out in less than 2 weeks which we all know is not the case. Why not make it clear on your website that orders can take up to 2 months to be shipped? It comes across as a lack of care for the customer. It’s not right to have someone waiting for months on end with no communication.
    It really is not an effort to justify it is just reality. At the best of times he ships much slower than most, is open about it, and works to his own rhythm. He actually did close shop for a few weeks late last year... His norm is to send a shipping notice, wait a few days, and then followup with the tracking number. He has posted about his approach to business elsewhere. Repeat customers go with the flow (adjust expectations) and find his scents rewarding enough to go back for more. Basically it is what it is, he does what he does, and this isn't the first time concerns have been expressed... For instant gratification (quick shipping, notifications, and delivery methods) I go to Ensar Oud, Agar Aura, Elixir Attars... but none of them are Sultan Pasha! On the flip side your package is almost certain to contain some generous surprises.
    If you read further back in this thread and check him out on Facebook and Instagram you will see where he comes from. Not saying that it is right just that it is.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Jcelello View Post
    I missed this! I am excited to learn more. Where might I find the details?
    It has been teased about a couple of times over recent months on social media... Most recently Sultan and Victor on Instagram four days ago. They appear to have finalized the product but are holding the details close.

I do love his scents. And he is generous with his samples. I purchased a fragrance from him in 2015 when he was still on eBay and he included a ton of samples which was must appreciated. And I don’t have a problem with waiting a while for the fragrances as I do believe his fragrances are really good and worth the wait. I just wished the communication was a bit better. That’s all. Even if just to check in via email to say “hey - still working on your order, I haven’t forgot. It will probably take me x more weeks to get it to you.” Or even simpler? Just lay out on the website that it’s a custom order almost like a bespoke fragrance and can take up to 2 months (or whatever) to fill”. Just some sort of check in would be nice. With all that being said, I didn’t know that the process was to send the tracking number a few days after the shipping notification. That’s also helpful to know as I initially thought maybe he forgot to send via courier service but perhaps that’s not the case and I just need to chill for a few more days.

Hey everyone hope all is well. Thankfully all my bottle orders are done now thankfully. Now it’s time to start on the samples. Hopefully will finish everything by this weekend. With regards to shipping everything has been bulk posted at my local post office (as per usual) and hopefully by tomorrow I will be getting all the tracking details so I can update my website Godwilling. Apologies for the lack of communication as have been incredibly focused on getting all orders out of the way. Being on the highest dosage of my medication it’s been rather difficult to focus on multiple things so have been really focussed on the most important objective which was to ensure all my patrons orders are sent out. God willing things will get easier InshAllah.
    Currently wearing: Oudh Al Masarat by Amouage

Just a quick note to say that my package came in the mail today and included some great freebies. All is well. I will give a more detailed breakdown of my perception of the scents in due course. I got Aurum D’Ankhor, Tabacaurum, Cafe Amber Noir, Basmati Rose, Tabac Grande, L’Heure, and a mystery scent. Thank you Sultan.

Just a quick note to say that my package came in the mail today and included some great freebies. All is well. I will give a more detailed breakdown of my perception of the scents in due course. I got Aurum D’Ankhor, Tabacaurum, Cafe Amber Noir, Basmati Rose, Tabac Grande, L’Heure, and a mystery scent. Thank you Sultan.
    I’m having a hard time envisioning a better Sultan haul!! All of them are absolute bangers. Intrigued about the mystery scent.

Very nice! 5 of my all time favorite fragrances in there.

Killing it. Great choices.

I got my Aurum D'Angkhor today. Blind, never tried this one. Went for 3 grams. My gosh. So so beautiful. Blended to perfection. I'm not even trying to pinpoint notes in here. Just going to enjoy. Btw, I've heard some people complaining about performance. I don't know, but I put 2 hair pin swipes from the "try-me-first" sample he gave me, and it is radiating like crazy. My entire room smells like Aurum D'Angkhor. I think the 3 grams will last a lifetime.

He did sent another bottle, looks like 3 grams. No labeling, no description. I haven't tried yet, as I really want to enjoy Aurum for the night. Off the cap, I get some birch tar and leather. I wonder if this is a new project.

Trying the secret scent that I received as a gift with my purchase. Wow, really pleased with the composition. Off the bat, it reminds me of Anubis from Papillon. I was actually thinking of getting a bottle of Anubis. No need for that now.

I get leather, olibanum. spices (mainly basil), myrhh, castoreum. Gorgeous!
    Further sniffing required.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr B1414 View Post
    Trying the secret scent that I received as a gift with my purchase. Wow, really pleased with the composition. Off the bat, it reminds me of Anubis from Papillon. I was actually thinking of getting a bottle of Anubis. No need for that now.

Reach out to him and see what it is. Might be something he’s working on! Sounds great. Love Anubis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr B1414 View Post

Sounds fantastic. As P_M mentioned, please send your feedbacks to Sultan as he takes those feedbacks into consideration for fine-tuning a composition before it hits the market. Indirectly you'll be helping me because I am buying all SPAs - slowly!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaque View Post
    Sounds fantastic. As P_M mentioned, please send your feedbacks to Sultan as he takes those feedbacks into consideration for fine-tuning a composition before it hits the market. Indirectly you'll be helping me because I am buying all SPAs - slowly!
    lol. I've sent him an E-mail asking about the composition. Will wear it some more and see how it goes. First wearing, I like it a lot. Seems quite rounded. In the mid, it felt like slipping away a bit. It definitely reminded me of Anubis. But really good. I'm curious what it is or is intended to be as well

​Basmati Rose (A quick impression after 5 wearings)

BR opens up on my skin like rose-basmati Finni (Subcontinental rice dessert) but with less sweetness and a big dollop of rose. Here, I detected a floating/aldahydic quality to it just adject to some warm spices. Perhaps there is aldyhydes and/or, it’s naturally occurring counterparts. It is very little gourmandy on my dry skin (if at all). The smell of basmati rice is quite realistic - albeit with 3-4 times more intensities without being cloyingly sweet (more on it later). I essentially get rose, super fragrant basmati, hints of curiously resinous smoke supported by some subtle and warm spices.

I can detect warmth of cardamom, star anise, nutmeg, mace and clove. But I should say that it might be the case that I am associating those smells due to my familiarity with the aforementioned dessert of Eid (& other special occasions). In other words, I was looking for those.

Compared to other SPAs, it smells like a relatively 'simpler' composition. However, making things simpler and extremely pleasing is not easy. For analogy, imagine a master Japanese carpenter who, as per their tradition, do not use any nails. Instead, he uses all sorts of intricate joineries, that are largely hidden - Kawai-tsugite, Watari-ago-niju-hozo-shikuchi, Noge-tsugi, to name a few. These joineries make those handmade items quite elegant and pleasing to our eyes, and are solidly built that require very precise cuts. Such work demands a lot of patience and practices from the carpenter. Same applies here.

I noticed that few things are missing in it, which makes BR a better and a rarer composition without sacrificing anything pleasing.

(1) The lack of cloying sweetness is an important feature here. Finni, one of the deserts, that inspired the memes Maestro, to make this, can be very sweet - both smell- and taste-wise - even if you do not put too much sugar in it. He somehow married vanilla/vanillin-like materials, rose and warm spices with animalics, resins and balsams to achieve this. He also succeeded in retaining the basmati smell for at least 3 hours on my skin. Similarly, rose, especially their deeper and gothic features are tempered and retained here for a very long time. I can still smell a rose absolute like smell after around 5 hours. Here it goes quite nicely with a subtle spicy and resinous smoke that is persistent on my skin since the start.

(2) Many rose dominant compositions, especially those in which rose can be detected even in the trail, sometimes come across vinegar-like on my skin. This gets more prominent when there is abmbergris, or similar diffusive/animalic odour molecules. I noticed similar things in some cheap smelling bakhoors. Note that higher price does not necessarily mean you’re getting better things. Try this: burn some cheap oud-rose-resin oriented cheap smelling bakhoor in a room for 30-45 minutes, leave the room and return there after 3-4 hours. You’ll be able to detect that vinegar-like smell. BR, admirably, does not display such weakness (for me) on my skin.

Basmati Rose is almost a rose soliflore with lots of basmati rice thrown in! For me and few millions from the Subcontinent and (possibly from the Middle East and Asia Minor) have pleasant memories associated with the smell of such desserts. So, I find BR to be a very comforting scent.

PS: Ramadan kareem everyone. I'll be cycling through all my SPAs (especially the oudy and incensy ones), and old ouds and incenses to accompany me throughout this important month.
    Last edited by Ashfaque; 13th April 2021 at 11:12 AM.

Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 LastLast