Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Any masculine cherry or dark violet fragrances?

Anything out there similar to Tom Fords Black Orchid & Black Violet or Armani Privee Cuir Amethyste? Would appreciate it if someone knew, and if not maybe the similar vibes to the after mentioned fragrances but in dark cherry that could be easily pulled out by a man ?

Default Re: Any masculine cherry or dark violet fragrances?

I can recommend couple of them, some notes are similar to the ones you mentioned. These fragrances are unique:

Santal Carmin by Atelier Cologne
    Brioni For Men Eau de Toilette

Perhaps also:

Designer- CK Crave
    Niche- Serge Lutens Chypre Rouge

Bogart pour Homme
    People say it smells like cherry pipe tobacco, I don't get tobacco from it at all though. Smells like cherry cordial chocolates. Fresh, aromatic, syrupy, projects well and lasts all day, and very few people know of it.

Knize ten has a cherry-berry note over the leather.

cacio

By Kilian's Cruel Intentions has a violet note that is both prominent and dark.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Serge Lutens Chypre Rouge - I don't recall sampling this so I'll def give a sample test.
    Bogart pour Homme - I'm hesitant on this, is it noticeably too synthetic?
    Knize Ten - Always heard good things about this, haven't gotten around to sample it yet, adding it to the sample list.

I'm curios if someone has sampled Bloody Wood from Les Liquides Imaginaires and their take on it? I hear it has a prominent cherry note and woody note to it.

Quote Originally Posted by dysect View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Serge Lutens Chypre Rouge - I don't recall sampling this so I'll def give a sample test.
    Knize Ten - Always heard good things about this, haven't gotten around to sample it yet, adding it to the sample list.

I'm curios if someone has sampled Bloody Wood from Les Liquides Imaginaires and their take on it? I hear it has a prominent cherry note and woody note to it.
    Bloody Wood smelled vile to me. There may have been a cherry note but I couldn't get past the overall smell.

M7 has a cherry tobacco/cough syrup note to it.
    Very clearly a case for corn flakes and classics

I don't find it to be too synthetic. The opening has a lot of striking aromatic notes that are hard to place, that aspect of the fragrance could be called synthetic I guess. Drydown smells like buttery smooth vanilla, cherry, and patchouli.

Worth mentioning that it's made by Maurice Roucel, if you're not already familiar with him he's very well respected for his work in both the niche and designer game. He's behind many beloved fragrances like Nautica Voyage, Rochas Man, New Haarlem, Kenzo Air, Hypnose Homme, Musc Ravageur, Iris Silver Mist.

Synthetic or not, whenever I spray this stuff on, I cannot stop smelling my arm... It's so good.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    Bloody Wood smelled vile to me. There may have been a cherry note but I couldn't get past the overall smell.
    Yeah.. I've heard that too heh, but I figured it was worth a shot asking . Even the fragrance name suggest it could be a love or hate frag..

I'm also looking at Ignite Boadicea the Victorious, but that house isn't entirely available in the US with the exception of Luckyscent and they are missing a quite a few from the line.

If Zahd from Slumberhouse wasn't a limited edition with only 130~ bottles made than I would of start here but no.. I missed that train .

NR for Him
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Yeah.. I've heard that too heh, but I figured it was worth a shot asking . Even the fragrance name suggest it could be a love or hate frag..

I'm also looking at Ignite Boadicea the Victorious, but that house isn't entirely available in the US with the exception of Luckyscent and they are missing a quite a few from the line.

If Zahd from Slumberhouse wasn't a limited edition with only 130~ bottles made than I would of start here but no.. I missed that train .
    Give Cruel Intentions a shot for the violet. Bear in mind that violet can be a polarizing note in general, though on me Cruel Intentions has elicited some very enthusiastic compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    NR for Him
    Yeah, this one I remember smelling. I want to add it to my wardrobe for sure, the price point is great just been delaying it for other fragrances but I likely get it before winter. .. Haven't tested it on my skin for longevity but the opening was really good IMO. I've had the chance to smell NR Him Bleu Noir & NR For Him Eau de Parfum Intense flankers.. The parfume intense I didn't care for it, likely b/c they stripped away the violet leaf from it. NR Nlue Noir was interesting but not as captivating as NR for Him ..

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

For dark violet - I Miss Violet by The Different Company
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Maybe Aramis black. I got a dark glacee cherry, like a boozy masculine cocktail like a Manhatten finished off with a cherry.

Basenotes Plus

Zahd by Slummerhouse - weird, artsy as some call it.
    Back to Black by Kilian - wearable - sweet tobacco, raspberry, cherry, and spices - smell "caliente".
    Dhan Al Oudh Al Nokhba by Rasasi - oud, strawberry, and spices - cheap but smell sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    Give Cruel Intentions a shot for the violet. Bear in mind that violet can be a polarizing note in general, though on me Cruel Intentions has elicited some very enthusiastic compliments.
    I will def give this a shot, it has been on my sample list for a while now. I'm sure AEDES will have this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hednic View Post
    For dark violet - I Miss Violet by The Different Company
    Thanks, it has escaped my radar since its a new release but I'll check if Barneys has them in store.

Quote Originally Posted by ION-ONE View Post
    Maybe Aramis black. I got a dark glacee cherry, like a boozy masculine cocktail like a Manhatten finished off with a cherry.
    I think Bloomingdale/Lord and Taylor carries this, but not sure in-store. If I happen to be around one, I'll check. Thanks.

Missing Oakmoss

I get a lot of cherry (as in rich cherry pipe tobacco) from Habanita, and agree with cacio that Knize Ten has a cherry-berry note on top of the rest of its wonderful accords (Luca Turin calls it strawberry, but that's not what I get - to me, it's more a cherry or raspberry note, noticeable without being overwhelming).

(Edited to add: I know that Habanita is generally listed as a feminine fragrance, but I think it can absolutely be worn by men - aside from the questionable usefulness of gender distinction among fragrances, there is nothing girlie about Habanita.)
    Last edited by Bonnette; 18th September 2015 at 08:13 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Chergui for a cherry vibe.

Cherry, Mugler's Pure Malt.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Cherry, Mugler's Pure Malt.
    *edit*
    Oops, I thought you said Pure Havane, not Pure Malt. Doh

Don't get cherry from Pure Malt at all, myself.
    Last edited by fan.of.devin; 18th September 2015 at 09:48 PM.

Dark Saphir by Agonist.

I always thought Pure Havane would be the flanker for cherry and tobacco. Pure Malt never gave me that impression.

Quote Originally Posted by krooze View Post
    I always thought Pure Havane would be the flanker for cherry and tobacco. Pure Malt never gave me that impression.
    Agree, cherry note barely hangs around for 10 minutes, though.

Quote Originally Posted by fan.of.devin View Post
    *edit*
    Oops, I thought you said Pure Havane, not Pure Malt. Doh

Don't get cherry from Pure Malt at all, myself.
    Yeah I got Pure Malt, and don't recall a cherry note.. then again I haven't worn Pure Malt in over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    I get a lot of cherry (as in rich cherry pipe tobacco) from Habanita, and agree with cacio that Knize Ten has a cherry-berry note on top of the rest of its wonderful accords (Luca Turin calls it strawberry, but that's not what I get - to me, it's more a cherry or raspberry note, noticeable without being overwhelming).

(Edited to add: I know that Habanita is generally listed as a feminine fragrance, but I think it can absolutely be worn by men - aside from the questionable usefulness of gender distinction among fragrances, there is nothing girlie about Habanita.)

Do you have the EdT or the EDP Habanita? I'm intrigued by this one.
    Last edited by dysect; 18th September 2015 at 10:12 PM.

Qom Chilom by Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777
    a dark woodsy cherry -very wearable

For violet:
    Mona di Orio Violette Fumee
    Or my personal favorite, Serge Lutens Encens et Lavande
    Last edited by hedonist222; 18th September 2015 at 10:12 PM.
    for swap/sale:

Slumberhouse Zahd is by far my favorite cherry but good like finding it.

Joop Homme has the cherry cough syrup and violets overdose
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Qom Chilom as mentioned above is a nice cherry-berry scent.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.