Code of Conduct

Default Benefits of Suscribing @Chanel?

After taking a closer look at Les Exclusifs, I am forseeing a purchase or two in my future.

Is anyone subscribed to Chanel.com e-mails? Are there benefits, such as promo codes or deluxe samples?
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.
    Currently wearing: Eau de Rochas by Rochas

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Benefits of Suscribing @Chanel?

I am subscribed but have never received any promotional codes or samples as of yet - at least nothing enticing - only highlighted products being announced and other related ads through e-mail.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I do receive emails from chanel.com - I don't think I subscribed online, but it must have been during some purchase in the store. As hednic was saying, never any discount. In general, you never get discounts on luxury lines, and Chanel is known for controlling its distribution very tightly.

SAs in the Chanel boutiques have always been very generous when I bought a bottle (I don't remember buying an exclusif at Saks or Bergdorf, so I don't know how their sample policies compare).

cacio

Dependent

Just saying I agree with the above - I do enjoy getting the UTD info on the shows as well as easy/quick access to full coverage. Dior is the same. I watch as many shows as I can to determine furniture colors/schemes for the painted furniture I do.

I may be wrong, but I do not believe Chanel nor Dior ever put their haute line of fragrances on sale or offer promo codes.
    Currently wearing: Sarrasins by Serge Lutens

I have subscribed to them when I made a purchase about a year ago but haven't received anything, ever. No text, no email etc. I agree with that cacio said, though. Their service when you purchase something in their boutique is top-notch. I wish all SAs were like them.

All I got was endless email snew about clothes, makeup and fragrance. Never get freebies, want that you go to a Chanel counter and the staff are good at giving samples.
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: Gris Clair by Serge Lutens

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I am subscribed but have never received any promotional codes or samples as of yet - at least nothing enticing - only highlighted products being announced and other related ads through e-mail.
    The same here. I have never seen any of their products on sale or have promo codes for discounts.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Thanks for the helpful response, guys! Follow up question then: do you know any helpful Chanel counter SA's that would ship to me in Memphis?
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.
    Currently wearing: Eau de Rochas by Rochas

Basenotes Plus

You don't need a specific SA (although some here may have an SA to recommend), you can just call customer service. Here you go: 1-800-550-0005.

And they have a Memphis warehouse! My orders usually come from there. The most time consuming part of your order might be the processing, lol.

Maybe you're already aware, they do let you choose two samples when ordering online. You need not subscribe. There's a little list of them (which changes periodically) that comes up during checkout. However, the only fragrances on the list at the moment are Bleu and Coco Mad (which I adore but you've probably smelled). I'm sure you'd get samples by calling, too. Perfume samples are the standard glass 2 ml sprayers; some of the beauty samples are extremely generous in size.
    Last edited by PerfumedLady; 4th November 2015 at 11:42 PM.