Code of Conduct

Default Who is Paul Leger?

According to the directory Paul Leger is credited with creating Anais Anais and Givenchy Gentleman. These are two of my all time favorites, and I'm struggling to find any info about this man. Anybody have anything?
    "Was the wood perceived as masculine, or was the hamster perceived as masculine?"
    -Renato

Swap

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Who is Paul Leger?

Can you understand French? If so, there's some info here: http://www.feminimix.com/Paul-Leger-...s-parlent.html
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Can you understand French? If so, there's some info here: http://www.feminimix.com/Paul-Leger-...s-parlent.html
    Thanks for the link! Unfortunately, it doesn't give any information about what happened to him after Gentleman.
    "Was the wood perceived as masculine, or was the hamster perceived as masculine?"
    -Renato

Swap

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by calzim View Post
    Thanks for the link! Unfortunately, it doesn't give any information about what happened to him after Gentleman.
    So would I be correct in assuming that you are interested in knowing other fragrance projects he was involved with post-Gentleman?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    So would I be correct in assuming that you are interested in knowing other fragrance projects he was involved with post-Gentleman?
    Correct. Just hoping to find a little bio, info on other projects, etc. Those are two amazing contributions to the world of perfume, and I can't find anything on him. Maybe he's way up the ladder somewhere, still contributing, in more of a supervisory role?..
    -Renato

Swap

According to Michael Edwards' book, Paul Leger was not involved with Anais Anais.

Quote Originally Posted by David Ruskin View Post
    According to Michael Edwards' book, Paul Leger was not involved with Anais Anais.
    Interesting. Thank you for the info. Is the book you're speaking of titled Perfume Legends: French Feminine Fragrances?
    -Renato

Swap

Quote Originally Posted by calzim View Post
    Interesting. Thank you for the info. Is the book you're speaking of titled Perfume Legends: French Feminine Fragrances?
    Yes, that's the one.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Fascinating! I love these quests.

The truth is, perfumers' contributions to fragrances are frequently forgotten, left off the end of the list, or simply lost in translation - to say nothing of being subsumed into the lies of anointed creation when that is part of the marketing.

I was aware of one perfumer being behind a fragrance because it was on his résumé given out for another launch. I assumed that fragrance was all his work. But our directory has that fragrance assigned to 3 completely different perfumers who work in the same group. So evidently we missed one!

I'm wondering if that's what happened here - Leger contributed to the project in some minor way that escaped mention (there are 3 others). Or it could just be a complete mistake.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

I don't know, if I am helping at all, but I remember that when I was a kid, I had seen a movie with French legends Yves Montand and Catherine Deneuve. The story was about a middle-aged succesful perfumer, who was leaving Paris for some privacy and he was moving to an uninhabited island off the coast of Venezuela. The film's name is "Le Sauvage", and it came out in 1975, one year after the last trace of Paul Leger in the creation of Gentleman.