Code of Conduct

Question Scents Similar to Neon Graffiti by Jazmin Sarai?

Months ago, I sampled a fragrance from a Canadian niche house. It's a fairly new house and they revolve their fragrances around a genre of music, which is a little interesting but they're not the only house to do that.

The fragrance I sampled was Neon Graffiti and I have tried to find reviews on Fragrantica and basenotes but I couldn't find any on basenotes.

What I get is a green incense/cedarwood drydown smell (I think), that opens with a fresh garden like citrus smell. What I enjoy is the leafy/wet ivy accord smell that is retained within the cedarwood drydown. Think of Sur Le Nil without the sweetness and with a little bit more incense and spice. Sorry for the vague description, I'm new to fragrances. Here is a note breakdown that I found on basenotes.

Top Notes
    Bergamot, Grapefruit, Cardamom, Mint, Wet ivy accord
    Heart Notes
    Indian jasmine, Mimosa, Sunflower, Mango
    Base notes
    Cedarwood, Incense, Ambrox

So what fragrances can you recommend that has this citrus aromatic, green vibe. Thanks, any suggestion or information of what I might be smelling would be great. Also, let me know if you've tried any fragrances from the house.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Scents Similar to Neon Graffiti by Jazmin Sarai?

I definitely know the cedar/incense base that you're talking about. I love a fragrance by The Different Company called Un Parfum des Sens et Bois, that uses violet and black pepper instead of green notes to mingle into the base of cedar and incense, exactly like you are talking about. If you like violet (normally used more in feminines, but works here because of the pepper), then you might like that one, too, but it is not the same. Otherwise, you need to find something with a prominent cedar/incense base and some kind of green note like galbanum, bay/laurel, etc. in the top and mid.

I will keep thinking about this problem. I'm sure I've smelled something that fits the bill.

And welcome to Basenotes!
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

Thank you for checking into this. I have been looking into this for a very long time. I'm continuing to see if there are any designer fragrances that smell similar.
    In the meanwhile, I will check on galbanum and bay/laurel.

---
    Last edited by Dana M; 21st April 2020 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana M View Post
    Thanks for enjoying the perfume! Curious to know why you would want something similar? Was there something you didn't like about it?

In terms of the music connection, this collection uses more specific musical influences (pitch, timbre, tone, rhythm) more than anyone...I made sure of it! I'm a synesthete and created Neon Graffiti specifically based on the sound emanating from the song.

Best of luck trying to find something and if you ever want more NG, holla!

Dana
    I don't think there was anything wrong with the perfume. Maybe longevity but that might've been due to the small sample. The sample I received had a small hand written note which was very nice. Personally, I was amazed by the dry down and the initial opening of the fragrance so I wanted to know what note contributed to the smell. I'm trying to figure out the notes through process of elimination and was wondering if it is the cedar wood/incense combination that might be giving it the fresh aromatic woody scent.

Neon graffiti has probably been the 4th fragrance that I've ever smelled so I'm trying to learn what the different notes smell like. The way that you take into account the specific tones and rhythm is very interesting and respectable since I've played piano for a very long time.

I'm very inclined on purchasing a full bottle once I save up.

Quote Originally Posted by FS0C13TY View Post
    I don't think there was anything wrong with the perfume. Maybe longevity but that might've been due to the small sample. The sample I received had a small hand written note which was very nice. Personally, I was amazed by the dry down and the initial opening of the fragrance so I wanted to know what note contributed to the smell. I'm trying to figure out the notes through process of elimination and was wondering if it is the cedar wood/incense combination that might be giving it the fresh aromatic woody scent.

Neon graffiti has probably been the 4th fragrance that I've ever smelled so I'm trying to learn what the different notes smell like. The way that you take into account the specific tones and rhythm is very interesting and respectable since I've played piano for a very long time.

I'm very inclined on purchasing a full bottle once I save up.
    ----

Oh I see! Hmm it could be a combination of things, but yes, incense + lush green + cedar does have aromatic results.

Ah yes, I wrote it myself! Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it!

All bottles are at www.jazminsarai.com when you're ready!

All the best

Dana