Code of Conduct

Default Jacques Bogart Story Green

Has anybody tried this? Any opinions?
    It seems like an interesting option for warm weather. I wonder if it beard the performance of the tester Bogarts.

Default Re: Jacques Bogart Story Green

I would like a feedback on this as well. Will wait for our experts to comment

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & B˙zios Brasil

I happen to own this. An inexpensive very nice fruity, oriental fougere with a prominent pineapple note up front. Longevity is better than average on my skin.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I happen to own this. An inexpensive very nice fruity, oriental fougere with a prominent pineapple note up front. Longevity is better than average on my skin.
    Hmm I am thinking of buying it. I'll need an inexpensive replacement under 25 € for my Nautica Voyage which I use in Spring/Summer as an everyday scent. But searching for beastly performance in this price category means only one thing. Bogart.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psachna View Post
    Hmm I am thinking of buying it. I'll need an inexpensive replacement under 25 € for my Nautica Voyage which I use in Spring/Summer as an everyday scent. But searching for beastly performance in this price category means only one thing. Bogart.
    A few suggestions -

Bogart Signature
    Tsar
    Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    A few suggestions -

Bogart Signature
    Tsar
    Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme
    Arent these supposed to be cold weather fragrances?

You might find that Green Story performs much better and longer on your skin.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Arent these supposed to be cold weather fragrances?
    Bogart Signature has worked fine for me in Mid-Atlantic springs and summers.
    You may also consider Bogart's Eau Fresh, which is hard but not impossible to find. It never fails as a warm/hot weather choice, and has very good performance given its genre.

Basenotes Member Large Portions's Avatar

I like the description of this one, but wow this seems hard to get. Appears unavailable in my country, although via eBay I've picked up on a few International sellers (from Spain) albeit postage is nearly as much as the product. Oh well, I will take my time. I like the House of JB and my intention is to slowly collect all available. I've also had to search and buy from o/seas to get the Gold & Ruby editions !

Quote Originally Posted by Large Portions View Post
    I like the description of this one, but wow this seems hard to get. Appears unavailable in my country, although via eBay I've picked up on a few International sellers (from Spain) albeit postage is nearly as much as the product. Oh well, I will take my time. I like the House of JB and my intention is to slowly collect all available. I've also had to search and buy from o/seas to get the Gold & Ruby editions !
    This one for some strange reason disappeared as soon as it appeared, while Story Red & Blue remained.

This one for some strange reason disappeared as soon as it appeared, while Story Red & Blue remained.
    Indeed, where I live most online retailers (including the ones shipping internationally from other countries, not just the local ones) seem to have Red and Blue readily, easily and abundantly available, while Green was neither in stock altogether or only available for very limited periods of time
    Currently wearing: 9.0 by Zara

The good news for those who don't yet have it, is that a straggler bottle does pop up on Ebay from time to time, but one must be fast.

Basenotes Member Large Portions's Avatar

Wow, thanks Hednic and Ken for your feedback, as I can now see this seems more widely / universally unavailable than I had realized. As I mentioned in my previous post I can see a few small pockets of eBay sellers centred around Spain, but with the added impost of costly postage... having said that I am now resigned to the fact that I will have to purchase from o/seas ! Lol I am travelling to Europe next year on vacation so an option is to investigate trackking down a Bogart outlet and pick up this and a few other hard to get JB's at the same time ! Kudos to all who have a bottle of the Green story !

Bumping this thread since I am still pretty curious for this one.
    Any new opinion? Anyone else tried it?
    I've found it online and it is pretty tempting.
    All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us

I've found it online and it is pretty tempting.
    At a good price?

At a good price?
    24.50 euros shipping included. It is a good price I guess.

24.50 euros shipping included. It is a good price I guess.
    That's a very good price.

I finally got my hands on it.

It opens with a very alcoholic smell, which evolves into a citric green combination, but the green aspect is far more dominant and the citrus will either be unoticeable from time to time, or will hide in the background.

As the name says, it is green, it is very GREEN. After some waiting it gets woodier and a little spicy but just a little bit. What I get at this stage is the Cardamom and the Nutmeg blending nicely with the green aroma. Slowly afterwards the two key players will be taking the lead and I am talking about the Vetiver and the Cedar.

The Vetiver must had been giving this green aroma from the beginning but now it is finally clear who is responsible for the green freshness. On the other hand the Cedar is very much the Cedar you will smell in Lalique Pour Homme, very woody and as the scent will continue to evolve it will take over Vetiver.

It is also slightly soapy but not qualifies at all for a soapy scent, just a tiny bit of soapiness. As for the duration and performance I think it is average, I used two sprays on my hand almost 3 hours ago I will report back when it fades.

When I first sprayed it, my dad said "Oh it reminds me of the after shave I once had". He was talking of Brut which I don't really agree but anyway.

To sum up this baby is green (Vetiver),woody (Cedar),a little spicy (Cardamon,Nutmeg) with some citric elements and a hint of soapiness and of course fresh. Worths its price and it is another good offering from the house of Bogart.

To sum up this baby is green (Vetiver),woody (Cedar),a little spicy (Cardamon,Nutmeg) with some citric elements and a hint of soapiness and of course fresh. Worths its price and it is another good offering from the house of Bogart.
    Glad to hear you like it.

How sweet is Story Green exactly?

I've read someone describe it as cloyingly or sickly sweet (?!). I don't mind a "synthetic" vibe but I'm generally not a fan of sweet frags, especially those that are very sweet in a modern way (candy-like or with a vanilla overload).

Apart from that, Story Green sounds quite tempting.
    My Most Worn by Decade
    90's: YSL Jazz
    00's: Clinique Happy for Men
    10's: Armani Code Sport
    20's: Aramis Havana, L'eau Bleue d'Issey, Fahrenheit

Early in my collecting and sampling I did a lot of Bogart stuff. Super affordable, powerhouse performances and fairly well regarded. I quickly found that I wasn't much of a fan. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of decent stuff for sure, but I find them all to have a very abrasive quality to them, overpoweringly so. At first I really liked Bogart PH and Blue Story, as well as the Silver Scent and it's Intense version, but I was constantly trying to only get half a spray on me because they were all so over the top. Eventually I just gave them all to my dad who loves those extreme powerhouses. Joop! Is his absolute favorite, so that tells you right there about his taste. Lol

Anyway, I'd never even heard of Story Green back then, must be 5 years ago or better now. And an now getting intrigued to again sample some Bogart stuff, maybe remind myself why I didn't keep them, or perhaps find a new love of one or two. So thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by motorcade View Post
    How sweet is Story Green exactly?
    For me it was sweet, but not overly.

For me it was sweet, but not overly.
    Thanks! I'm tempted...
    My Most Worn by Decade
    90's: YSL Jazz
    00's: Clinique Happy for Men
    10's: Armani Code Sport
    20's: Aramis Havana, L'eau Bleue d'Issey, Fahrenheit