Code of Conduct

Default Acqua di Parma Profumo - Do any Male Basenoters wear? Anyone see it as Unisex?

I just received an 100 bottle of Acqua di Parma Profumo as a gift from a close friend in the perfume industry this evening.. I was completely unfamiliar with it! I've heard of it but no knowledge of it whatsoever!

I immediately Google'd it and I see it is marketed as a feminine scent. I seen the likes of Mitsouko etc and the likes mentioned in reviews.. Understandably it's peers/competitors from what I gathered. It was originally a 1930 release from what I've read.

Do any Male Basenoters wear this? Could it be seen as Unisex? What do you think of it in general? Any information AT ALL would be greatly appreciated! I'd love to hear about this fragrance I have obtained that quite simply I know nothing about..

Thanks in advance!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Acqua di Parma Profumo - Do any Male Basenoters wear? Anyone see it as Unisex?

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieurChanel View Post
    Do any Male Basenoters wear this?
    Is this the 1930 release or 2008 relaunch that was intended for women?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Acqua di Parma Profumo - Do any Male Basenoters wear? Anyone see it as Unisex?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Is this the 1930 release or 2008 relaunch that was intended for women?
    Again, absolutely no idea! I genuinely don't even know what I have!

I think it's safe to say it isn't from 1930! Or even old at all for that matter.. the bottle looks new. I'd guess it's not very old. Recent stock.

There's the Acqua di Parma sticker on the underside.. with a batch code. It's an 100ml also if that's any help. Plus it's full.

First impressions are it is a fragrance marketed to women.. It smells quite floral and "old skool".. but in my humble opinion it smells beautiful.

Beyond that I know nothing about it. Just wondered what I could learn on here or if anyone would indeed wear this.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Does the bottle look like this?:
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Does the bottle look like this?:
    Yes! That's the one!

Just a little addition. I noticed somewhere on the interent writing, I believe in regards to this fragrance:

"A fragrance such as this doesn't deserve to be cheapened by "Pour Homme" or "Pour Femme" labels - you either love it or you don't. Your gender is irrelevant."

I guess that's a positive start! I've sprayed some on the back of my hands and it really smells beautiful to me.

She also gave me a full 100ml bottle of Mouchoir de Monsieur.. along with about 20-25 niche samples. I already have a bottle of that MdM, but who is gonna turn down a backup such as that!

I forgot to mention.. They're both testers but nevertheless, I'm absolutely delighted!
    Last edited by MonsieurChanel; 13th December 2016 at 06:30 PM.

What wonderful gifts!

I like it. It's a classical floral chypre (hence the comparison with Mitsouko). This style of perfumes was marketed to women, though it works perfectly for men.

I haven't smelled the very latest batches, so I don't know if there is any recent reformulation.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    What wonderful gifts!

I like it. It's a classical floral chypre (hence the comparison with Mitsouko). This style of perfumes was marketed to women, though it works perfectly for men.

I haven't smelled the very latest batches, so I don't know if there is any recent reformulation.

cacio
    I agree! So generous of her! I really didn't know what to say! There was a box full of things.. also some little extras she got from Guerlain, like bags and even a little leather wallet! Some little chocolates also! Not to mention the vast amount of niche samples!

I'm no expert but my first impressions are as you said.. very classic.. floral.. and I think this could work find on a man perfectly.. It's drying down and I think it's safe to say I've worn many more fragrances that I'd imagine people would deem much more feminine than this.. I'd be happy to wear it in certain situations.

Absolutely delighted.. She's working on obtaining me a sample of Viking for me too! She's never let me down in the past with other fragrances I wanted to try before they were released so I'm very optimistic.. Hopefully she can get me a sniff of Viking soon! I know she'll be in touch immediately when she hears anything about it because she knows how much it means to me! I've went on that much about it!