Code of Conduct

Default Is my Acqua di Gio Essenza fake?

Hi,

I recently ordered a 75ml Acqua di Gio Essenza from a well-known online store and the fragrance I received seems a little suspisious. The packaging matches the one posted on this thread. However, the batch codes on the bottle and the box do not match. Have I received a counterfeit fragrance?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Is my Acqua di Gio Essenza fake?

Did you keep it or did you return it?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Member oceansoflorewi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karpalo View Post
    Hi,

I recently ordered a 75ml Acqua di Gio Essenza from a well-known online store and the fragrance I received seems a little suspisious. The packaging matches the one posted on this thread. However, the batch codes on the bottle and the box do not match. Have I received a counterfeit fragrance?
    My batch codes dont match either but i'm thinking it was an error by Armani;

The box says 38JD0L but the bottle says 38JDO1!

I thought the L was a 1 on the box originally but check fresh couldn't find 38JDO1 only the 38JDOL- which ties it perfectly to the year of release 2012.

Still skeptical if its real though but the quality of everything looks great bottle box ect. PLUS check fresh found the batch code so IDK.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by oceansoflorewi View Post
    My batch codes dont match either but i'm thinking it was an error by Armani;

The box says 38JD0L but the bottle says 38JDO1!

I thought the L was a 1 on the box originally but check fresh couldn't find 38JDO1 only the 38JDOL- which ties it perfectly to the year of release 2012.

Still skeptical if its real though but the quality of everything looks great bottle box ect. PLUS check fresh found the batch code so IDK.
    Did you buy yours from an authorized vendor?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.