Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Creed Millesime imperial

Guys.. i have the choice to pick a 2015 batch versus a 2016 batch on MI.

The shop is offering me a batch 15R01 of Creed MI.

I am looking for a more.. fruity one so before he would ship my order.. he asked me if i would like to have the last vintage bottle.. which is more fruity compared to the 2016 bottles.

Should i go with this one?
    Last edited by Galanthus; 24th January 2017 at 09:48 AM.
    My top 10 fragrances:
    - Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540
    - Maison Francis Kurkdjian Grand Soir
    - Creed Aventus
    - Dior Homme intense
    - Tom Ford Oud Wood
    - Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    - By Kilian Straight to heaven
    - By Kilian Black Phantom
    - Parfums De Marly Carlisle
    - Parfums De Marly Layton

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Creed Millesime imperial

Sure - go with that one if the price is right.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Sure - go with that one if the price is right.
    Hey Hednic, the price is the same 158 euro's for 120ml (From a store in Belgium). I could pick between a 2016 batch.
    In Holland 120ml is 210 euro's and Aventus 230 a total rip off.
    My top 10 fragrances:
    - Creed Aventus
    - Dior Homme intense
    - Tom Ford Oud Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Galanthus View Post
    Hey Hednic, the price is the same 158 euro's for 120ml (From a store in Belgium). I could pick between a 2016 batch.
    In Holland 120ml is 210 euro's and Aventus 230 a total rip off.
    Still a lot cheaper than what they charge us in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    Yea ridiculous.. they are selling Creed fragrances 300+ USD.. i can buy 2 for the price of one.
    My top 10 fragrances:
    - Creed Aventus
    - Dior Homme intense
    - Tom Ford Oud Wood

It doesn't matter. The batches aren't that different

The batches aren't that different, I agree, but be aware that the topnotes of Millesime Imperial in general are pretty fragile. Fresh Millesime Imperial is still THE magic potion it has ever been for me, but when the topnotes only go slightly downhill, all the magic is gone. I recommend storing in a refrigerator right after purchase for maximum stability.
    Last edited by dr.creed; 16th June 2017 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed View Post
    The batches aren't that different, I agree, but be aware that the topnotes of Millesime Imperial in general are pretty fragile. Fresh Millesime Imperial is still THE magic potion it has ever been for me, but when the topnotes only go slightly downhill, all the magic is gone. I recommend storing in a refrigerator right after purchase for maximum stability.
    Good advice

Guys.. i have the choice to pick a 2015 batch versus a 2016 batch on MI.

The shop is offering me a batch 15R01 of Creed MI.

I am looking for a more.. fruity one so before he would ship my order.. he asked me if i would like to have the last vintage bottle.. which is more fruity compared to the 2016 bottles.

Should i go with this one?

No, go with the one that's the opposite of what you want.
    Spring Wardrobe: H24, Green Irish Tweed, Viking, Allure Homme Edition Blanche, Prada L'Homme, Dior Homme, Acqua di Gio Profumo, Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Cool, New York Intense, The Orchid Man, Fahrenheit, 1962, Carven L'Eau Intense, Beau du Jour, Pear + Olive
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    No, go with the one that's the opposite of what you want.
    The shop owner.. told me that the 15R01 is more on the fruity side..compared to the 2016 batches which are nice too.. but these are more salty. So i'v picked.. 15R01 i don't mind honestly i love this fragrance.
    My top 10 fragrances:
    - Creed Aventus
    - Dior Homme intense
    - Tom Ford Oud Wood

if the 2015 is fruit, then what would you categorize the 2016 batch? I didn't know MI also has batch variation.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Michael293 View Post
    if the 2015 is fruit, then what would you categorize the 2016 batch? I didn't know MI also has batch variation.
    I have a sample of 2016 it is definitely more salty compared to the 2015 batch. R01
    My top 10 fragrances:
    - Creed Aventus
    - Dior Homme intense
    - Tom Ford Oud Wood

I'd skip it and go with GIT.

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    I'd skip it and go with GIT.
    Hah!
    I'm with you on this.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

The shop owner.. told me that the 15R01 is more on the fruity side..compared to the 2016 batches which are nice too.. but these are more salty. So i'v picked.. 15R01 i don't mind honestly i love this fragrance.
    I prefer the fruitier batches as well. Millesime Imperial is a funny one though, because I swear its smell changes and develops over time when you own a bottle. The first bottle I finished started off smelling fairly weak and had just some light salt and a sort of metallic accord. Over time it became stronger and fruitier. The bottle I have now began smelling very strong, but again, it was mostly what I think of as this particular metallic accord. But it's also becoming fruitier with time, and saltier, which is how I believe it should be.
    Spring Wardrobe: H24, Green Irish Tweed, Viking, Allure Homme Edition Blanche, Prada L'Homme, Dior Homme, Acqua di Gio Profumo, Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Cool, New York Intense, The Orchid Man, Fahrenheit, 1962, Carven L'Eau Intense, Beau du Jour, Pear + Olive
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

Blog Entries

I'm pretty shocked to see so many batch variations of Millesime Imperial.

I've always had trouble smelling differences between batches of it. Maybe I'm just not familiar with it enough to notice.

Basenotes Plus

In my experience the difference between '15 and '16 is not enough to stress over. Is '15 more fruity? Yea, somewhat.

The good news is that they're the same price. And they're close enough that you could close your eyes, grab s box and be perfectly fine. You've done just fine with the '15. Enjoy!
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed View Post
    I think you nailed it. MI is the only fragrance I own that I don't understand at all. It is the ficklest of friends. Sometimes all I get is putrid fish and wonder why the hell I bought this thing. Other times I get pure salt, and blame the pot stirrers at Creed for cooking up a batch and forgetting to add the melon. Right now I'm in fruity, melony heaven – all from the same bottle. The mood swings on this thing are as interesting as they are ridiculous.
    Last edited by wakefield; 27th January 2017 at 12:41 AM.

I prefer the fruitier batches as well. Millesime Imperial is a funny one though, because I swear its smell changes and develops over time when you own a bottle. The first bottle I finished started off smelling fairly weak and had just some light salt and a sort of metallic accord. Over time it became stronger and fruitier. The bottle I have now began smelling very strong, but again, it was mostly what I think of as this particular metallic accord. But it's also becoming fruitier with time, and saltier, which is how I believe it should be.
    Hey! I bought Creed MI with batch nr 15R01 like i'v mentioned before that i could pick the 2015 or 2016 batch. This 15R01 arrived yesterday.. after being late with shipping my order for 1 day. The included 6 Creed original samples from the factory. Great service.. for sure and i only paid 158 euro's.

And i must say i am very very happy.. i sprayed the 2016 sample one hand and the 2015 on the left? A huge.. difference the 2015 batch is sexy and sweet with a little bit salt on the background.. the 2016 is horrible.. SALT all over the place.
    My top 10 fragrances:
    - Creed Aventus
    - Dior Homme intense
    - Tom Ford Oud Wood

Basenotes Institution

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    Sad truth!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Rhetorical question(I guess): So they do become fruitier and stronger with time? Thank you for this information, BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'm pretty shocked to see so many batch variations of Millesime Imperial.

I've always had trouble smelling differences between batches of it. Maybe I'm just not familiar with it enough to notice.
    Yes, it is crazy.. there is a huge.. huge.. difference i have compared the 2016 batch sample.. and my full retail bottle.. form 2015.. sweet god what a difference the 2016 is
    too salty IMO.. but the 2015? Pretty sweet fruity.. with some salt on the background love it.. glad i bought this one.
    My top 10 fragrances:
    - Creed Aventus
    - Dior Homme intense
    - Tom Ford Oud Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    Rhetorical question(I guess): So they do become fruitier and stronger with time? Thank you for this information, BB.
    Well, thats a fact sir. The bottle i got is from 2015.. and can you tell that there is a huge difference it is becoming like vine.. the older the better.
    My top 10 fragrances:
    - Creed Aventus
    - Dior Homme intense
    - Tom Ford Oud Wood

Well, thats a fact sir. The bottle i got is from 2015.. and can you tell that there is a huge difference it is becoming like vine.. the older the better.
    Well, you can't know for sure if that's due to maturing or if the 2015 bottle simply was from a fruitier batch. But you get to test the hypothesis in a year if you store your 2016 sample.

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield View Post
    Well, you can't know for sure if that's due to maturing or if the 2015 bottle simply was from a fruitier batch. But you get to test the hypothesis in a year if you store your 2016 sample.
    But one thing is a fact.. there is a huge difference between the 2015 and 2016 batches.
    My top 10 fragrances:
    - Creed Aventus
    - Dior Homme intense
    - Tom Ford Oud Wood

Basenotes Plus

I'm going to test again today. I didn't perceive a huge difference. This is one of my all time favorites. Differences stand out to me, so I'd expect a huge difference slap my nose pretty hard.

To be clear, I previously detected a difference but it wasn't a huge difference.

To any innocent bystanders reading but not posting... if you've never tried Millesime Imperial but are interested, start with whatever is readily available for you to test and go from there. If you love what's available, then you're set. If you're on the fence, then invest in sampling and decide for yourself. The '15 may be more to your liking, or the '16, or it may not matter. You may even want something older. Ultimately the correct answer is, whatever you prefer.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

I received a bottle today (from Amazon, not a third party seller). The batch number on the bottle checks out from 2015 (S3315X01), but all my other Creed's have the batch number etched in the side of the bottle. Also, no batch number on the box. Not sure how this batch compares to others from 2015, but it smells legit enough (I have an atomizer sample from Lucky Scent). Any thoughts?IMG_8689.jpgIMG_8691.jpgIMG_8692.jpg

If it passes the sniff test it's most likely ok. No need to go through that much effort to fake it.

Also, I have a good price on a bottle of MI 125 mL, deciding if I should actually pick it up. Creed = Greed in my book.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

2015 on the whole is much fruitier. having said that i've been rocking one of the latest batches and while it's saltier it's really damn good. it's actually fresher overall vs just plain saltier. the scent is less dense which is mirrored in the difference between 2015 & 2016 aventus batches.

there's a really refreshing quality to the 2016 where the fruit is more in the background. i've also had a couple of newbies sniff the 2016 and they were instantly hooked. and the sillage is stronger than the wearer would expect. often i actually prefer a more subtle MI experience without too much fruit up front, call it understated freshness. ultimately it's best to have both options available if you love MI, lol.
    Last edited by wilfred; 13th June 2017 at 12:45 AM.
    Currently wearing: Haze by Akro

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast