Code of Conduct

Default Nicole Miller For Men - Decent Cheapie?

Greetings,

I know the original Nicole Miller For Men got some praise, but the reformulation seems to be a love/hate thing.

I am mostly intrigued by comments made on here and Fragantica that claim that it is somewhat similar to Michael Kors For Men, but then again - I have seen people say that D&G The One is like Kors, so you never know.

I know I have to try it myself, but what do you think of Nicole Miller For Men?

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Nicole Miller For Men - Decent Cheapie?

Has a surprisingly good apple note. Haven't tried the old version.

The leather in this is very smooth.. like a broken in jacket. The fragrance itself is a bit underrated, especially for its price point. I get a petroleum smell from it, similar to that in Fahrenheit, which would be from the leather note.

Don't wear it much, dunno why really.. forget I even own a bottle sometimes. I tend to gravitate more toward the releases in the past 10 or so years, since they feel more modern to me.

It is a solid fragrance though, and for 10 bucks a bottle.. if you like leather.. you will probably like this. The apple note isn't too synthetic either. I think people who dismiss it who have tried or owned the original are just disappointed by the reformulation, and aren't judging this fragrance now, rather judging it for what it "was".

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Has a surprisingly good apple note. Haven't tried the old version.

The leather in this is very smooth.. like a broken in jacket. The fragrance itself is a bit underrated, especially for its price point. I get a petroleum smell from it, similar to that in Fahrenheit, which would be from the leather note.

Don't wear it much, dunno why really.. forget I even own a bottle sometimes. I tend to gravitate more toward the releases in the past 10 or so years, since they feel more modern to me.

It is a solid fragrance though, and for 10 bucks a bottle.. if you like leather.. you will probably like this. The apple note isn't too synthetic either. I think people who dismiss it who have tried or owned the original are just disappointed by the reformulation, and aren't judging this fragrance now, rather judging it for what it "was".
    I appreciate your feedback and yes I like leather. If you have tried original Michael Kors For Men - do you detect any connection?

Some of the complaints about the recent version are that this thing doesn't last at all - 30 minutes literally and it's gone. Has longevity been an issue for you?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Man View Post
    I appreciate your feedback and yes I like leather. If you have tried original Michael Kors For Men - do you detect any connection?

Some of the complaints about the recent version are that this thing doesn't last at all - 30 minutes literally and it's gone. Has longevity been an issue for you?
    I own both MK for Men, and Nicole Miller. But.. MK I have I guess the older one.. before it was rereleased. Not sure which you are referring to. The bottle from the older one looks almost the same as the newer, but.. I believe they are entirely different fragrances from what I've read.

Do you mean complains about recent formulation of MK or NM? On the Nicole Miller I can say that the longevity is not very good, yes. for a leather scent too, this you wouldn't expect, but that's the case on my skin.. 3 hours tops.

If the MK you are talking about is the original one from 2001. I have and love this. I find it to be a softer scent, but with bold rich notes. I don't think it's anything similar to Nicole Miller for Men. I really don't get any leather from the MK.. whereas I don't get any tobacco from NM.

I own both MK for Men, and Nicole Miller. But.. MK I have I guess the older one.. before it was rereleased. Not sure which you are referring to. The bottle from the older one looks almost the same as the newer, but.. I believe they are entirely different fragrances from what I've read.

Do you mean complains about recent formulation of MK or NM? On the Nicole Miller I can say that the longevity is not very good, yes. for a leather scent too, this you wouldn't expect, but that's the case on my skin.. 3 hours tops.

If the MK you are talking about is the original one from 2001. I have and love this. I find it to be a softer scent, but with bold rich notes. I don't think it's anything similar to Nicole Miller for Men. I really don't get any leather from the MK.. whereas I don't get any tobacco from NM.
    Yes, I was referring to the longevity of the new Nicole Miller. Are you saying it's totally gone after 3 hours or you have to really sniff your arm close to get something?

I live in Canada, so here NM is 27 dollars. Do you like it enough to pay that?

I have the older MK as well and have been looking endlessly for a similar cologne and that's how I found out about Nicole Miller in the first place, because some reviews claimed that Kors and NM were similar.

Like this thread

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/238...o-michael-kors

If you have come across a similar cologne to Kors, I would love to hear what it is.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Yes, I was referring to the longevity of the new Nicole Miller. Are you saying it's totally gone after 3 hours or you have to really sniff your arm close to get something?

I live in Canada, so here NM is 27 dollars. Do you like it enough to pay that?

I have the older MK as well and have been looking endlessly for a similar cologne and that's how I found out about Nicole Miller in the first place, because some reviews claimed that Kors and NM were similar.

Like this thread

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/238...o-michael-kors

If you have come across a similar cologne to Kors, I would love to hear what it is.

Thanks!
    It's pretty much totally gone in 3-4 hours.. and it's not very noticeable past the 1 hour mark. I could be thinking of something else.. I need to wear it again.. it's been a long time since I've put that one on.

I don't see the similarities.. but everyone is different. Michael Kors is pretty unique stuff.. I doubt anyone would agree, but to me it smells like a more masculine non gourmand version of Ambre Narguile. It also smells a little like Jubilation XXV for men, which smells a little like John Varvatos Vintage to me, which smells a lot like Tom Ford Noir Extreme, which smells nothing like Michael Kors for men.. lol.. so it's hard to really say.

Ya $27 is a bit much I think. Also though it would depend on your wardrobe. I would likely wear it much more if I had less bottles. I don't even know where NM is on my shelves to be honest. I am tempted though to wear it tonight and see if I can still smell it in the morning. May do that and get back to you.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Which is this one at Fragrancenet? I'm totally unfamiliar with her as a designer, but this sounds interesting and très cheap.

https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne...ole-miller/edt
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Which is this one at Fragrancenet? I'm totally unfamiliar with her as a designer, but this sounds interesting and très cheap.

https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne...ole-miller/edt
    That's the correct one, I believe her only men's fragrance.

In regard to OP.. I wore it sleep last night.. actually I put it on right after my last post on here. So about 5 hours later, I cannot detect it at all. I've been awake a couple hours, and it was pretty damn close to the skin about 2 hours ago too.. almost nonexistent.

Back to Redneck.. it's a nice interesting fragrance, for our cheap US prices. Longevity is very poor though, and I tend to hold fragrances pretty well on my skin.

I will also say.. after now revisiting it, the apple top note is gone very quick. Maybe gone in a minute or less. It's a pretty linear fragrance, basically leather from start to finish. The type of leather though, I find distinctive, which is why I recommend this if you like leather frags, especially since it's 10 bucks a bottle on many sites.

That's the correct one, I believe her only men's fragrance.

In regard to OP.. I wore it sleep last night.. actually I put it on right after my last post on here. So about 5 hours later, I cannot detect it at all. I've been awake a couple hours, and it was pretty damn close to the skin about 2 hours ago too.. almost nonexistent.

Back to Redneck.. it's a nice interesting fragrance, for our cheap US prices. Longevity is very poor though, and I tend to hold fragrances pretty well on my skin.

I will also say.. after now revisiting it, the apple top note is gone very quick. Maybe gone in a minute or less. It's a pretty linear fragrance, basically leather from start to finish. The type of leather though, I find distinctive, which is why I recommend this if you like leather frags, especially since it's 10 bucks a bottle on many sites.
    Damn - I was hoping it was gonna be a winner and that the longevity complaints were maybe a little hyperbolic. I will still test it, but it doesn't sound like a smart buy at least for Canadian prices 27 plus tax.

I suppose you haven't come across a similar to NM cologne that has better longevity - the apple and leather notes.

Thank you very much for your input and trying it again. I appreciate it.

Blog Entries

Damn - I was hoping it was gonna be a winner and that the longevity complaints were maybe a little hyperbolic. I will still test it, but it doesn't sound like a smart buy at least for Canadian prices 27 plus tax.

I suppose you haven't come across a similar to NM cologne that has better longevity - the apple and leather notes.

Thank you very much for your input and trying it again. I appreciate it.
    No problem. Ya I understand you being conservative with your purchases. Personally.. I just buy, buy buy. Part of the experience, part of the fun. I am by no means wealthy, nor do I even own a credit card. Fragrances are very accessible through the internet, and usually always discounted to some degree.

I know there are some more conservative buyers out there, like yourself. While there are a lot like me. Usually if something is under $50 I have no problem blind buying it.

Blog Entries

Now I remember why I never wear this fragrance. Performance is lacking big time. After 2 hours I could barely smell it. After sleeping 5 hours, it was gone. The apple note up top is gone in 1 minute, and that is no exaggeration, it is completely gone in 1 minute. The leather in this is nice, contemporary, modernized, not as dirty and rugged as many leathers.

I am just 1 guy though. My opinion is subjective.