Code of Conduct

Default NEW: Dirty Ginger by Heretic Parfums

I was at Barney's this weekend in Chicago and Carlos showed us a tester bottle he had just gotten in: Dirty Ginger by Heretic Parfums. Right now it's only available for pre-order.

Here is the blurb from Fragrantica:

Dirty Ginger by Heretic Parfums is a fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Dirty Ginger was launched in 2017. The fragrance features ginger, spicy notes, citruses, woody notes and tea.

My comments: If you love ginger and you love that skanky rotten citrus in Bigarrade Concentree, try this. I've heard the name is a side reference to Douglas Little's red hair.
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.
    Currently wearing: No. 19 Poudré by Chanel

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Re: NEW: Dirty Ginger by Heretic Parfums

Interesting. I had not heard of this artisan brand - here is some background on the perfumer:

http://www.cafleurebon.com/cafleureb...e-masses-draw/

More info:

https://www.hereticparfum.com/
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

I was especially impressed with Jasmine Smoke from the Heretic line.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks for the info.

Basenotes Plus

Looks great (and expensive). I'd love to sample it nonetheless.
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Interesting. I had not heard of this artisan brand
    Likewise. Thanks for the links.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Looks great (and expensive). I'd love to sample it nonetheless.
    Yes to both. I think the line is really creative. The price point is high, I'd agree.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Likewise. Thanks for the links.
    You're welcome!

Ca Fleure Bon has always been a big friend to the artisan and all-naturals movements, despite being very close to the big players in the industry as well, so this line looks very interesting in that it has elements of both. Heretic is a bit of a one-man show and all natural (reminds me a bit of Lord's Jester, in that respect), but also has the more industrial "high-end niche" thing (nice bottles, cozy with Barney's, etc.).

Interesting to see where this goes. Sounds very creative.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Sampled this one today. It’s very good. There’s a surprising amount of cumin. If you like ginger like I do and you like cumin like I do, you should really sample it.

The ginger is fresh and earthy, and the cumin is clear as a bell. It doesn’t scream sweaty/dirty to me; it’s almost culinary in nature. The lime adds a slight fizz. I think of a Mexican Moscow Mule.

Very fun to wear, and my wife surpringly likes it. It would be a fun and unexpected summer choice!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Sampled this one today. It’s very good. There’s a surprising amount of cumin. If you like ginger like I do and you like cumin like I do, you should really sample it.

The ginger is fresh and earthy, and the cumin is clear as a bell. It doesn’t scream sweaty/dirty to me; it’s almost culinary in nature. The lime adds a slight fizz. I think of a Mexican Moscow Mule.

Very fun to wear, and my wife surpringly likes it. It would be a fun and unexpected summer choice!

I absolutely love Dirty Ginger! I bought a bottle of Dirty Ginger and a bottle of Blood Cedar last year. They are both top notch in my book! I wear them both all year round, but Dirty Ginger is a refreshing burst for spring time to be sure. The lime in the opening does indeed sparkle, and the ginger is so fresh...it's fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post

I sampled it a couple months ago. I agree with your assessment.

I’m planning to get a bottle for Mr. Kotori, who fell for it. But I also want to get him whatever he really wants as a gift, and not fragrance all the time, just because fragrance is my thing.

Basenotes Plus

Kevin at Now Smell This posted a positive review of this today: https://www.nstperfume.com/2018/08/2...grance-review/

I just saw that they sell a travel bottle of this = $65.
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Kevin at Now Smell This posted a positive review of this today: https://www.nstperfume.com/2018/08/2...grance-review/

I just saw that they sell a travel bottle of this = $65.

Nice! I think you should give it a try MP...it really is awesome. Maybe you should get a dabber first just to make sure, but in my opinion this is an excellent blind buy.

Basenotes Plus

Finally tested it today. Instant love. Wow! I can't wait to re-wear this.

I smelled spice. Armpit-skin smell. Wood. A bit of ise-e-super, I think. A whiff of smoke. Very simple smells/accords but done very well. Like something from Aesop or Aveda - but with a nice twist to it.

-- D. Elton Trueblood

I have a bottle of this and like it. It smells better on after it wears down for a while and the cumin melds into the ginger and it takes on an incense type aroma. My favorite from Heretic is India Ink, but that's a preference for that darker style.
    winter 2021: • tabac • zeste de gingerbread • dunhill icon • baume du doge • azemour • sancti • l'humaniste • aesop hywyl • bois d'encens • haxan • aran • purple haze • winter palace • black leather • coze 02 • dirty ginger • phthalo blue • smoke show

Basenotes Plus

I love the whiff of smoke in this, just the right amount. You smell the ginger, the cumin, the 'wood' and the smoke all at once and yet it totally works. I could easily own a bottle (or decant) of this.

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Basenotes Plus

Does anyone own this and L'Autre by Diptyque and compared them side-by-side?

-- D. Elton Trueblood