Code of Conduct

Default Are there any male basenoters who wear 'Byredo Bibliothèque' ?

Good day, basenoters!

Recently I went to byredo shop for trying some of them.

Among all, my favorite two were

'Gypsy Water'
    'Bibliothèque'

When I tried the Gypsy water, It was one of the best comforting woody scent I've ever tried but somehow feels too common for me.

Bibliothèque was stunning vanila-fruity scent for me. Also I really liked its unique characteristic too. The clerk told me it's limited edition for a while.

I already own Mojave Ghost, Bal'd afrique.
    Nobody seems to designated the gender when they sniff the scent from me.

I really adore the scent of Bibliothèque but wonder is it suitable for men either just like other byredo scent?

Are there any basenoters who adore Bibliothèque out there??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Are there any male basenoters who wear 'Byredo Bibliothèque' ?

Mate, go with your gut feeling on this.

What other people think won't matter if you're not 100% certain yourself. Some of us here wear 'feminines' without batting an eyelid, some of us prefer traditional 'masculines'. If I want fruity sweet vanilla then I reach for Aquolina Black Sugar, which is most definitely marketed towards women so any opinion I have will be biased in that context.

I wanted to buy this one blind just because of the name. Smell of a library? Books?
    Books have always fascinated me and he smell of them is next to the smell of fresh baked bread and that of the soil after a summer rain the most beautiful.
    Then i read that it smells a lot like vanilla and completely turned my away. Now you also mention vanilla.
    Good i didn't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by crashtestbrummie View Post
    Mate, go with your gut feeling on this.

What other people think won't matter if you're not 1007 certain yourself. Some of us here wear 'feminines' without batting an eyelid, some of us prefer traditional 'masculines'. If I want fruity sweet vanilla then I reach for Aquolina Black Sugar, which is most definitely marketed towards women so any opinion I have will be biased in that context.
    Thanks mate.

When I collect perfumes, it was always confused to distinguish the difference between Good vs Wearable.

Since there were some of perfumes I tried or bought which was good but not actually really wearable or suitable for me.
    (ex: En passant, Lipstick Rose)

So It was hard for me to distinguish the difference between those two. Because it's hard to decide even when I tried on piece of paper.

Anyway, I'll take note of your sincere opinion
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur Montana View Post
    I wanted to buy this one blind just because of the name. Smell of a library? Books?
    Books have always fascinated me and he smell of them is next to the smell of fresh baked bread and that of the soil after a summer rain the most beautiful.
    Then i read that it smells a lot like vanilla and completely turned my away. Now you also mention vanilla.
    Good i didn't buy it.
    I guess not only you, others actually expected the woody or earthy leather scent before they tried.

But this one evokes me paper in old thick book in the library which is bit sweet or antique maybe.

For me 1996 or Super Cedar was more closed to the woody, earthy or old leather scent.

Also, Luckily, Bibliotheque's vanila wasn't smell like cheap artificial vanila for me. which made me comforting.

I hope you can find the scent what you have in your mind.

Thank you for ur opinion

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I have tried it at a local store. I thought it was pleasant. If you like it, make it yours.
    Last edited by hednic; 16th July 2017 at 03:36 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have tried it at a local store. I thought it was pleasant. If you like it, make it yours.

Thanks

Nowadays I'm so sad that GIT doesn't last long enough on my skin.

So I want something more thick which can comfort me anytime like GIT..

I know GIT and Bibliothèque are in whole different league, but those two are in my latest wishlist...

I'm also the one who think GIT and Cool Water are totally different in between. It's so shame that I can't enjoy GIT as long as other basenoters.. So sad...

Luckily VIW lasted longer than I thought.
    maybe I should get VIW instead GIT.

I was gifted Bibliotheque by a close friend and I am totally in love with it.
    It is both uplifting and comforting and a good partner to dream and work alongside with...
    If you like it instinctively go for it,
    that should be one great way to judge a fragrance, by that instinctual first rush.

It is their best selling candle so they made it into a fragrance.