Code of Conduct

Default A message from Arcadi Boix Camps and new book

See this latest from Arcadi in Odessa Ukraine regarding the books

I currently have TWO copies of the "Perfumery: Techniques in Evolution" available (More coming)

and TWO copies of the short "Monographs and Musings" - Unpublished in book form anywhere else

Contents of this book
    Gardenia in Perfumery
    Technical and Philosophical Notes on the Perfumery Creative Process
    Magnolia and Lily of the Valley
    Paradisone
    Saffron in Perfumery and Flavors
    Last edited by leonardpayne; 22nd November 2017 at 06:33 PM.
    *** The Man in the Bow Tie ***

Edmond Roudnitska: "A Life of Perfume" - Newly Published -
    http://www.lulu.com/shop/edmond-roudnitska/a-life-of-perfume/paperback/product-23790632.html

Complete Steffen Arctander Volumes in Perfumers Library
    www.SteffenArctander.com

Default Re: A message from Arcadi Boix Camps and new book

This is alll available for free on the Perfumer and Flavorist website so I'm not sure why anyone would want to pay for them?

I tried to post these as links but because I'm new I dont think it will let me so here's PDFs of the files basenotes would let me upload. Hope this helps some people out.

BOIX CAMPS Saffron.pdf

BOIX CAMPS_Gardenia.pdf

BOIX CAMPS_Technical and Philosophical Notes on the Perfumery Creative Process.pdf
    Last edited by opensource400; 23rd November 2017 at 03:11 PM.

The magnolia article is too big for uppload here but here is the fourth section to the book to give everyone an idea of what else is on Perfumer and Flavorist.

BOIX CAMPS Evolution 4.pdf

Sure --- if you want a freebie then you can download the pdf's. Just don't try selling them

But these are hardbound and have Arcadi's blessings - So if you want the final copy of Perfumery Techniques in evolution
    then give me a shout. The second book Monographs and Musings is now sold out. Will let you know when available.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/edmond-roudnitska/a-life-of-perfume/paperback/product-23790632.html

www.SteffenArctander.com

Quote Originally Posted by leonardpayne View Post
    Sure --- if you want a freebie then you can download the pdf's. Just don't try selling them
    In a spirit of gratitude for all the humor in this absurd world heres "freebies" of chapter five of Arcadis book, whose content is available in its entirety for free on Perfumer and Flavorist website.

Happy Indigenous Peoples' Day!

BOIX CAMPS Evolution 5-1.pdf

BOIX CAMPS Evolution 5-2.pdf

BOIX CAMPS Evolution 5-3.pdf
    Last edited by opensource400; 23rd November 2017 at 03:26 PM.

I'm sure folks will be mire than happy to download these A4 sized sheets and then get them bound. Certainly cheaper than keeping this old man in Chardonnay

BTW - are you really a tightass or will you be paying for a subscription to thus wonderful site

www.SteffenArctander.com

Quote Originally Posted by opensource400 View Post
    In a spirit of gratitude for all the humor in this absurd world heres "freebies" of chapter five of Arcadis book, whose content is available in its entirety for free on Perfumer and Flavorist website.

Happy Indigenous Peoples' Day!

BOIX CAMPS Evolution 5-1.pdf

BOIX CAMPS Evolution 5-2.pdf

BOIX CAMPS Evolution 5-3.pdf
    I read some of the first linked article. ABC claims that the poem "Ithaca" is not original to Cavafy but is Cavafy's (French!) translation of an old manuscript. He gives no source for the claim, unless he does so in one of the missing pages. Was this revealed to ABC in a dream? Did he fall for someone's joke? I have read the poem in Greek; in style and content it is consistent with Cavafy's other work (which was also written in Greek, not in English as I think ABC implies ["although Greek, English was his language"]). I think "Ithaca" is by Cavafy, and not by an unknown ancient.
    Last edited by Alysoun; 24th November 2017 at 02:13 AM. Reason: vacillation

Quote Originally Posted by leonardpayne View Post
    BTW - are you really a tightass or will you be paying for a subscription to thus wonderful site
    What nice holiday wishes from you!

P&F offers free membership, so maybe your beef over paying for free things is with them?

Here's the Magnolia / Paradisone chapter from the free articles I was ablee to reduce, which everyone should definitely NOT use to print a book and sell it on eBay.

BOIX CAMPS Magnolia Lily of the Valley-1.jpg

BOIX CAMPS Magnolia Lily of the Valley-2.pdf

If LeonardPayne and opensource400 cannot be civil to each other I will be closing this thread.
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

many thnx, opensource400
    'Today I'm a star. What will I be tomorrow? A black hole?'
    — Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by foxbins View Post
    If LeonardPayne and opensource400 cannot be civil to each other I will be closing this thread.
    I agree — I don't appreciate being personally attacked and take umbrage at being called a "tightass" for directing my peers to a valuable perfumery resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Godmu View Post
    many thnx, opensource400
    You're welcome, Godmu!

I hhope this can help jumpstart a dialogue for everyone whose interested in doing so. Its a shame more people didnt already know about this all being there for their use.

Farther into the spirit of giving back during these treacherous times, heres chapter 3 for anyone who has been having trouble finding it on the Prfumer and Flavorist wesbite (I still cannot post links how annoying!)

(sorry for jpgs)

BOIX-CAMPS-Evolution-3-1.jpg
    BOIX-CAMPS-Evolution-3-2.jpg
    BOIX-CAMPS-Evolution-3-3.jpg
    BOIX-CAMPS-Evolution-3-4.jpg
    BOIX-CAMPS-Evolution-3-5.jpg
    BOIX-CAMPS-Evolution-3-6.jpg
    BOIX-CAMPS-Evolution-3-7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Alysoun View Post
    I read some of the first linked article. ABC claims that the poem "Ithaca" is not original to Cavafy but is Cavafy's (French!) translation of an old manuscript. He gives no source for the claim, unless he does so in one of the missing pages. Was this revealed to ABC in a dream? Did he fall for someone's joke? I have read the poem in Greek; in style and content it is consistent with Cavafy's other work (which was also written in Greek, not in English as I think ABC implies ["although Greek, English was his language"]). I think "Ithaca" is by Cavafy, and not by an unknown ancient.
    I cannot say as classics is not my strong point. But ABC definitely writes and thinks .... effusively and unrestrainedly.

Quote Originally Posted by opensource400 View Post
    I cannot say as classics is not my strong point. But ABC definitely writes and thinks .... effusively and unrestrainedly.
    Yes. I had a look at his website once. Never again. Fine; tastes differ.

But Cavafy is an early twentieth-century writer. I began to learn Greek so as to enjoy him. I'm by no means a classics scholar either.

Indeed.

I agree with you and find ABC's writing to be torturous and circular, and he tends to leave a lot hanging. There seems to be a lot of artistic aura being created, which one could also see in the video posted above. Whatevr, the Perfumer and Flavorist articles still give some good descriptions of ACs which canbe valuable to making decisions when blending ot buying.

Smile Re: A message from Arcadi Boix Camps and new book

All the info I gathered in a single pdf (I also have made some small rotation in some pages nas it is 80% a A4 size, so one can print and put a decent cover by oneself):

https://www115.zippyshare.com/v/OP35RvKJ/file.html

I've made 3 mains sections:

1) Perfumery: Evolution of ItsTechniques (Parts I to V)
    2) Fragrance Creation
    3) Topics in Perfumery

All material is free, from the Perfumer & Flavorist .pdf files, already avaliable on Internet.

Best regards,

PS: I just found out about this topic after I made the single pdf file.

Quote Originally Posted by marimbeta View Post
    All the info I gathered in a single pdf (I also have made some small rotation in some pages nas it is 80% a A4 size, so one can print and put a decent cover by oneself):
    Thanks for sharing that link! I'm a bit confused though—is the entire contents of Arcadi's Perfumery—Techniques in Evolution (2nd Edition) present in that PDF? Or is there only a partial overlap? Wondering because I've been eyeing the book, and it's hard to grok from the discussion above whether or not that 2nd edition book is *just* these articles, or that there is just overlap /confused. Does the physical book add anything here?

Also, that zippyshare link is rife with NSFW advertising and tons of spam—I had to actually view the HTML page source to actually get the download link (the orange "DOWNLOAD" button would only just send me to some scam website); here's the direct download link if others want to save the hassle as well:
    https://www115.zippyshare.com/d/OP35RvKJ/50435/Perfumery%20-%20Evolution%20of%20Its%20Techniques%20-%20final.pdf

Thank you, but I got nothing but advertisements.

Basenotes Plus

Here's a link to Kafkaesque's article concerning your plagiarism .
    https://kafkaesqueblog.com/2021/03/1...am-attar-book/