Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum?

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I recently scored a bottle from a private seller.

I don't know if it's officially discontinued or not, but I don't see at any usual retailers online or otherwise.
    The older all black banded one 2012? Congrats it’s excellent stuff!

I wonder if Dior dialed back US distribution a while back. Seems like it has only been sporadically available in the US for a while, although I haven't consistently been looking for it. Seemed widely available in Europe, at least at the duty free shops. I haven't flown since the pandemic started, but at the end of 2019 this was all over the duty free shops in Europe. I grabbed this one and Fahrenheit Parfum at the airport since it seemed like they were tough to find in the US around then.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    I wonder if Dior dialed back US distribution a while back. Seems like it has only been sporadically available in the US for a while, although I haven't consistently been looking for it. Seemed widely available in Europe, at least at the duty free shops. I haven't flown since the pandemic started, but at the end of 2019 this was all over the duty free shops in Europe. I grabbed this one and Fahrenheit Parfum at the airport since it seemed like they were tough to find in the US around then.
    Smart move. I'd say it's been much worse than sporadic.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    I've never seen the 2017 edition for sale in the United States, apart from duty free in international terminals. I picked up the last bottle of 2012 parfum at a Sephora near me in 2018. The box was covered in dust.

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Fellas what are we referring to lol? (...) 2017 still obtainable but snatch up the ones you find since that one is rumored to be discontinued or tight distribution.
    Forgive me, you and Danny, for the grumpiness. At the same time, these last two words above would seem to make quite a difference, compared to the fourth last word. And today I could only place, for what could turn out to be my newest fragrance mistake, a couple over thirty specimens of the smaller size into the cart locally, a handful under sixty specimens of the larger size, after which a notification is shown. I would assume this to be an indirect indication regarding their warehouse stock, but thankfully they operate retail stores too.

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    The older all black banded one 2012? Congrats it’s excellent stuff!
    No the 2017 and I quite like it.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Quote Originally Posted by xaml View Post
    Forgive me, you and Danny, for the grumpiness. At the same time, these last two words above would seem to make quite a difference, compared to the fourth last word. And today I could only place, for what could turn out to be my newest fragrance mistake, a couple over thirty specimens of the smaller size into the cart locally, a handful under sixty specimens of the larger size, after which a notification is shown. I would assume this to be an indirect indication regarding their warehouse stock, but thankfully they operate retail stores too.
    Into your cart, under sixty large bottles??
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

This gem has become very very rare. Luckily, I took 3 bottles of 100 ml backup once I heard that they were going to stop it in early 2017. For me it's the Best fragrance when it comes to class and elegance.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Smart move. I'd say it's been much worse than sporadic.
    At first I had a touch of buyer's remorse; nothing like spending over $200 at the airport before you even reach your destination to make you feel a bit of budget anxiety!

But I ended up wearing this (alternated with Fahrenheit Parfum) the entire two weeks I was on vacation, and loved both of them. Plus every time I wear them now I get that wonderful scent memory associated with traveling. No regrets at all about buying either of them now.

Like both but actually prefer the 2017 by a little.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Yasser05 View Post
    This gem has become very very rare. Luckily, I took 3 bottles of 100 ml backup once I heard that they were going to stop it in early 2017. For me it's the Best fragrance when it comes to class and elegance.
    Well said, I plan to acquire this one soon. I let go three 100ml bottles of 2012 back in 2016-2017 during my early discovering stages of this hobby regretting it everyday haha. It’s a true gem and nothing compares to this one class at its finest!