Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 101
  1. #1

    Default Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    I was at my local Saks Fifth Avenue store tonight smelling around. Near the Chanel counter was probably 10 or so reps and they were huddled together talking about something. A lovely lady came over and asked if I needed anything. I said no; that I was just browsing around. I then asked her if Chanel was planning to release anything new and she said "in fact, yes we are." She then went on and said they'll be releasing a new version of Bleu in a couple of months. Apparently the new scent will be called Intense. She said it smells a bit more citrusy but also very smooth with ylang-ylang in it. She said it's different from the EDT and EDP and that she really liked it a lot.

    I literally can't wait for this to come out. I'm so excited. I think it's brilliant of Chanel to steal Dior's thunder with their upcoming release of Sauvage.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Smellin.Good View Post
    I was at my local Saks Fifth Avenue store tonight smelling around. Near the Chanel counter was probably 10 or so reps and they were huddled together talking about something. A lovely lady came over and asked if I needed anything. I said no; that I was just browsing around. I then asked her if Chanel was planning to release anything new and she said "in fact, yes we are." She then went on and said they'll be releasing a new version of Bleu in a couple of months. Apparently the new scent will be called Intense. She said it smells a bit more citrusy but also very smooth with ylang-ylang in it. She said it's different from the EDT and EDP and that she really liked it a lot.

    I literally can't wait for this to come out. I'm so excited. I think it's brilliant of Chanel to steal Dior's thunder with their upcoming release of Sauvage.
    I'm with you. Super psyched to hear this news.

    I'll blind buy the Sauvage EDP and this Bleu Intense.
    Currently wearing: New-York by Nicolaï

  3. #3
    Basenotes Institution
    sjg3839's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    45,476

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Sounds like good news.
    <div class="bnsotd"><b>Currently wearing:</b> <a href="ID26148387.html"><img src="http://www.basenotes.net/photos/products/33/26148387-7393.jpg"> Carven L'Eau Intense by Carven</a></div>

  4. #4
    Basenotes Plus

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    24,811
    Blog Entries
    39

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Brilliant! I WILL OWN!!!

    I fake this to some extent by layering my fave ylangy femme Chanels with Bleu, after accidentally discovering it (layering Bleu to go out after wearing Eau Première and L'Eau at home). The ylang ylang makes it extremely classy. This will be an incredible date scent, I promise.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

  5. #5
    Basenotes Institution dougczar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    30,879

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Excellent news. Very interested in giving this one a try. Excited to hear it's more smooth, but hopefully they don't tone down the incense/vetiver too much, since that is what made it what it is IMO.
    Current Summer Favorites:

    1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

  6. #6
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    325,377

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Sounds like a future sure buy!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  7. #7
    Dependent NickZee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,196
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Brilliant! I WILL OWN!!!

    I fake this to some extent by layering my fave ylangy femme Chanels with Bleu, after accidentally discovering it (layering Bleu to go out after wearing Eau Première and L'Eau at home). The ylang ylang makes it extremely classy. This will be an incredible date scent, I promise.
    Sounds like someone at Chanel experienced this happy experiment as well . It does sound like a brilliant idea. Will be very unique
    Currently wearing: Black Aoud by Montale

  8. #8

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    This makes me happy... will buy.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

  9. #9

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...


    I'll make sure to get out the way................................LOLOL
    I smell marshmallows!
    Currently wearing: Incense Extrême by Tauer

  10. #10
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Great....Another blind buy!!!

  11. #11

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Nice, looking forward to it!!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Will be eagerly awaiting this one for sure!

  13. #13

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Can't wait!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    23,806

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Based on my experiences with the original (EdT or EdP), I am expecting a product that would best be avoided.
    Currently wearing: Daim Blond by Serge Lutens

  15. #15
    Basenotes Plus
    speckmann0706's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,527

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Another CHANEL, my collection could always use another bottle. Hopefully it’s priced similar to EDT pricing, we will see if it’s good I’ll pay the $115 for 3.4oz.

  16. #16
    Zgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    6,308

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Try first, judge later I wonder what it'll smell like. Bleu was a trendsetter, but Sauvage quite much stole its game recently. I still find Bleu more wearable and elegant.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Instant blind buy when and if funds are available.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Both the EDT and EDP are of high quality, so, like everyone else, I'd love to try this one.

  19. #19
    Basenotes Plus

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    24,811
    Blog Entries
    39

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Quote Originally Posted by NickZee View Post
    Sounds like someone at Chanel experienced this happy experiment as well . It does sound like a brilliant idea. Will be very unique
    Ylang doesn't get a lot of boy gigs, but it's a great floral for men, IMO, and this could be a really interesting experiment. Nobody could bring a new floral for men like O. Polge, IMO. SO excited!

    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCloud View Post
    Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...


    I'll make sure to get out the way................................LOLOL
    Between Red and a new Chanel is a dangerous place to be!!! LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by 808Scent View Post
    Great....Another blind buy!!!
    For sure!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Based on my experiences with the original (EdT or EdP), I am expecting a product that would best be avoided.
    I think you're right. This one isn't likely to be too much different in the ways you would need. Sory to say, but it is what it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Another CHANEL, my collection could always use another bottle. Hopefully it’s priced similar to EDT pricing, we will see if it’s good I’ll pay the $115 for 3.4oz.
    That's what I'm expecting - a new option in the same range.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Try first, judge later I wonder what it'll smell like. Bleu was a trendsetter, but Sauvage quite much stole its game recently. I still find Bleu more wearable and elegant.
    I think this one will up the elegance. My guess right now!

    Quote Originally Posted by cpp214 View Post
    Instant blind buy when and if funds are available.
    Same!

    Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    Both the EDT and EDP are of high quality, so, like everyone else, I'd love to try this one.
    This will get a lot of buzz. Very excited.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

  20. #20
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue WA
    Posts
    10,841
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Ylang doesn't get a lot of boy gigs, but it's a great floral for men, IMO, and this could be a really interesting experiment. Nobody could bring a new floral for men like O. Polge, IMO. SO excited!



    Between Red and a new Chanel is a dangerous place to be!!! LOL



    For sure!!!



    I think you're right. This one isn't likely to be too much different in the ways you would need. Sory to say, but it is what it is.



    That's what I'm expecting - a new option in the same range.



    I think this one will up the elegance. My guess right now!



    Same!



    This will get a lot of buzz. Very excited.
    If I remember correctly, I think good old Brut had Ylang Ylang in it.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

  21. #21

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Thank you for the news, having already liked the improved and increased performance brought by EDP of this fragrance, hoping that the Intense will pretty much evolve towards a similar direction and outcome

  22. #22
    Basenotes Plus

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    24,811
    Blog Entries
    39

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    If I remember correctly, I think good old Brut had Ylang Ylang in it.
    My first fragrance love! Although I have to wonder how much there could be at today's prices.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Thank you for the news, having already liked the improved and increased performance brought by EDP of this fragrance, hoping that the Intense will pretty much evolve towards a similar direction and outcome
    Yes - lots of interesting questions there!
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

  23. #23
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue WA
    Posts
    10,841
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    My first fragrance love! Although I have to wonder how much there could be at today's prices.



    Yes - lots of interesting questions there!
    Vintage Brut is still plentiful, but if you insist on new, avoid plastic bottle (which is Brut 33 in disguise) and get the "Classic" or "Special Reserve" both different productions of the original strength in the medallion glass bottle.

    ..I still say vintage though. Newer versions are less green and more powdery.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

  24. #24

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Cool, will definitely give it a go. Bleu is a scent I like and respect in terms of quality and smoothness, but was never quite excited enough about it to spring for a bottle. This could push it over the edge! Ylang sounds like a great addition.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: MAAI by Bogue Profumo

  25. #25

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Quite surprised that Chanel would do an intense flanker. The edt was decent, edp meh in extremis so let's see what Polge cooks up as the ylang ylang makes it sample worthy at least.

  26. #26

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    ZZZZzzzz....

  27. #27
    Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    23,806

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    ZZZZzzzz....
    I'm with you on this.
    Currently wearing: Daim Blond by Serge Lutens

  28. #28

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    Since I have come around to really enjoy Bleu, I'm looking forward to this one!

  29. #29

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    I am hyped up for this!!

  30. #30

    Default Re: Bleu de Chanel Intense Coming Soon...

    I am maybe one of the most liberal people you’ll ever meet, but could this be. . . fake news?




Similar Threads

  1. Dior Homme Intense vs. Bleu de Chanel EDP
    By gabone in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 4th April 2017, 02:58 AM
  2. Armaf de nuit intense - bleu chanel
    By Tekdan20 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd September 2016, 02:30 AM
  3. Prada Homme Intense & Bleu de Chanel
    By _puRe in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25th February 2012, 02:49 AM
  4. Dior Homme Intense or Chanel Bleu
    By dogsinatub in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 20th September 2011, 03:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000