Code of Conduct

Default Armaf Tres Nuit or Armaf Le parfait

I have a decant of GIT and fell in love, Iím looking for something similar to it. Which do you guys recommend from the two? Not looking for something completely identical but close to the original GIT.

Also would love to know how the projection and sillage are on the fragrances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hsd13; 14th March 2018 at 10:58 PM.

Default Re: Armaf Tres Nuit or Armaf Le parfait

Tres Nuit for sure if you want something close to GIT. Rasasi Egra is also quite close.
    Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book, just turn the page.

"It smells really good, it's not Aventus though."

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Since you love GIT, why not just get a bottle?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle08 View Post
    Tres Nuit for sure if you want something close to GIT. Rasasi Egra is also quite close.
    What are your thought on Le parfait? Also how is the sillage on Tres Nuit?

Might look into Rasasi egra also.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Since you love GIT, why not just get a bottle?
    I was planning on buying a bottle but would like to own something similar on the side for those occasions where I am just lounging around the house or grocery shopping.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle08 View Post
    Kyle08 has your answer.

IMO, Egra is closer start to finish. But which one you will prefer will be up to your nose. The differences are small and insignificant really to me, but glaring for some folks. 6 one way, half dozen the other really.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Kyle08 has your answer.

IMO, Egra is closer start to finish. But which one you will prefer will be up to your nose. The differences are small and insignificant really to me, but glaring for some folks. 6 one way, half dozen the other really.
    Would you say itís true that Tres Nuit leans more feminine?

Dependent

I have Le Parfait but haven't tried Tres Nuit. I've heard all too often that they occupy the same space, so one nulls the other. I find Le Parfait projects pretty well over 1-1.5 hours but settles down quite quickly. I've taken to 'over-spraying' it to get any decent performance. I'm not sure how Tres Nuit performs in this department either, but I'll soon be procuring a small sample of GIT to find out whether the extra outlay is worth it (subjective). For reference, I bought a nearly-new 100mL bottle of le Parfait for £14 delivered, so value for money is high.
    Edit: FWIW, there's no major Pineapple note for me. It's more prevalent towards the dry down but nothing overly notable.

Tres Nuit is the better option

Man, I say that if you want GIT get GIT. Even the best Creed clones still miss the mark and steal the soul outta the original fragrance, in my opinion.

If ya had to choose a GIT clone, I'd get Chez Bond. If it had to be outta the two above, I guess Tres Nuit. That said, none of those could ever take the place of GIT in my book.

Also, I am not rich or anything, but I do wear GIT around the house almost every day (it's my signature scent)! I started with a 30ml decant for like $35 that lasted me about five months and now have moved onto a 120ml bottle ($160).
    Last edited by rcc27; 16th March 2018 at 01:28 PM.
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Hsd13 View Post
    Would you say itís true that Tres Nuit leans more feminine?

Sorry for the delayed response. No, not at all. Tres Nuit and Egra both smell like Git (more or less). So it would only lean feminine to you if you perceive GIT that way.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Sorry for the delayed response. No, not at all. Tres Nuit and Egra both smell like Git (more or less). So it would only lean feminine to you if you perceive GIT that way.
    Thank you for reply. I ended up getting both. If I decide I donít like Le Parfait Iíll gift it to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by rcc27 View Post
    Man, I say that if you want GIT get GIT. Even the best Creed clones still miss the mark and steal the soul outta the original fragrance, in my opinion.

If ya had to choose a GIT clone, I'd get Chez Bond. If it had to be outta the two above, I guess Tres Nuit. That said, none of those could ever take the place of GIT in my book.

Also, I am not rich or anything, but I do wear GIT around the house almost every day (it's my signature scent)! I started with a 30ml decant for like $35 that lasted me about five months and now have moved onto a 120ml bottle ($160).
    Seriously? Where did you get a 30mldecant for 35$?? Thatís a steal lol. Iím really considering on purchasing a full bottle down the road.