Code of Conduct
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default NEW: Piotr Czarnecki - Venom of Angel !

Venom of Angel by Piotr Czarnecki is a fragrance for women and men.

This is a new fragrance.

Venom of Angel was launched in late 2017.

The nose behind this fragrance is Piotr Czarnecki.

The fragrance features coconut, olibanum, black pepper, aloe vera, sugar cane, ivy, cedar and white chocolate.

Last edited by hednic; 28th March 2018 at 09:04 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: NEW: Piotr Czarnecki - Venom of Angel !

Yes yes yes can't wait to try

I own Shinan (Formerly SENSEI) Love it.
    Can hardly wait to sample this new one.
    Last edited by thebeck; 23rd June 2018 at 12:11 PM.

Luckyscent now has this in stock. Has anyone been able to try it yet?
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Big list of niche splits.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    Luckyscent now has this in stock. Has anyone been able to try it yet?
    Sample ordered. Should have by Tuesday June 26th.

Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    Has anyone been able to try it yet?
    I've tried all 3 of them. I feel they're more refined than Shihan(s) and they're pretty interesting overall.

Venom of Angel - Sweet af! There are sugar cane and white chocolate in the notes, but I rather smell a mix of cotton candy, cough syrup and white sugar. It's not just the sweetness, there are some bitter and sour notes which make the fragrance interesting. Still too sweet for my taste.
    Bluebijou - Fruity, blueberry/blackberry mix-up to my nose, it avoids going jammy like many others, well balanced, base is a bit generic.
    Kiviskin - Opens with awesome green vegetable-fruit accord, than realistic leather accord and a light incensy base. Dry, mature, elegant, a little bitterness there. Unique for a leather fragrance. It mimics that shaggy kiwi fruit skin feel pretty successfully. My favourite of the three.
    Currently wearing: Battaniye by Pekji

How powerful is the coconut note? Is the coconut noticeable?

Is it candied gourmand coconut, or a natural mild coconut?

Quote Originally Posted by richfisher6969 View Post
    How powerful is the coconut note? Is the coconut noticeable?

Is it candied gourmand coconut, or a natural mild coconut?
    I don't get the coconut smell, but there is a bit of milkiness.

Quote Originally Posted by sobejjj View Post
    I've tried all 3 of them. I feel they're more refined than Shihan(s) and they're pretty interesting overall.

Venom of Angel - Sweet af! There are sugar cane and white chocolate in the notes, but I rather smell a mix of cotton candy, cough syrup and white sugar. It's not just the sweetness, there are some bitter and sour notes which make the fragrance interesting. Still too sweet for my taste.
    Bluebijou - Fruity, blueberry/blackberry mix-up to my nose, it avoids going jammy like many others, well balanced, base is a bit generic.
    Kiviskin - Opens with awesome green vegetable-fruit accord, than realistic leather accord and a light incensy base. Dry, mature, elegant, a little bitterness there. Unique for a leather fragrance. It mimics that shaggy kiwi fruit skin feel pretty successfully. My favourite of the three.
    I sampled Venom of Angel and Kiviskin.
    Venom of Angel is okay. Not too sweet for me, but not interesting enough to want a decant.
    Kiviskin is a dry, dry, dry leather with an incense/cedar sitting in the backround. I like it alot. Very linear, what you get the first 5 minutes stays that way for the entire ride.
    The dryness is what makes this one nice to me. Very masculine and no petroleum. Nicely done.

I bought a full bottle of Venom of Angel and I just love it! To my nose the opening has a bright juiciness, I suppose from the ivy and aloe? It smells of tart citrus fruits laced with fresh, green fougere-like notes. After about 30 seconds it does get sugary, slightly creamy, with hints of spice. The coconut doesn't stand up and shout, but it definitely adds a creaminess, and with the sugar/white chocolate I'm getting a "toasted" note as well. It isn't vastly complex, but I do really enjoy it, especially right now as it works well in the heat. Samples of Bluebijou and Kiviskin came with my order (from LuckyScent) and I must say I was highly impressed with Kiviskin. I don't know if I could pull off wearing Kiviskin myself as it is quite masculine, I wear both the men's and women's Shihan/Sensei, but Kiviskin is next-level butch! I would consider buying a bottle for my husband. Then, of course, I would sneak a spritz here and there.

Resurrecting this thread. Has anyone else tried Venom of Angel? I'm curious whether this is something that could be worn by a man or whether it leans too feminine. I looked at the notes on this and I'm really intrigued, but a lot of the reviews (e.g., Frangetica) suggest this is pretty feminine. I'm going to order a sample, but curious what others thought before I do. Thanks!

It is leaning slightly to the feminine side, but can easily be comfortably worn by a man.
    My current favourites:
    Areej le Doré - Atlantic Ambergris
    Dusita - Issara
    Le Labo - Patchouli 24
    Maître Parfumeur et Gantier - Santal Noble
    PEKJI - Battaniye
    Slumberhouse - Jeke
    Tauer - L'Air du Desert Marocain
    Tauer - L'Eau

Have the samples just have to get back home to try them... in 3 more weeks