Code of Conduct
Page 97 of 100 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,910 of 2972

Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

Quote Originally Posted by Abdulrahil777 View Post
    anyone having trouble with eCommerce shipping,
    No updates from 20th MAY
    When I ordered in December it took about 6 weeks...
    Current Favorites: Santal Galore (Areej le Dore), Kurokami (Di Ser), Notes from Underground (Ensar)

Quote Originally Posted by JoniBorn View Post
    When I ordered in December it took about 6 weeks...
    waiting patiently

Trying Musk Khabib and wow, what an experience. It is just so damn good, if i had to describe bortnikoff fragrances in one word, Beautiful

by far my fav house now
    Selling decants in US, Tom Ford, Creed, Bortnikoff, MFK, and more!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/478...-Lush-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by succio View Post
    Trying Musk Khabib and wow, what an experience. It is just so damn good, if i had to describe bortnikoff fragrances in one word, Beautiful

by far my fav house now
    Have you tried his Amber Cologne, Musk cologne, Oud Maximus? Those are the best of bortnikoff imho.

Have you tried other natural houses like Areej, Dixit & Zak, TRNP, Ensar Oud, Agar Aura? I’m asking because while I really love some Bortnikoff frags and find this to be a great “gateway to naturals” house, there’s many frags out there that Bortnikoff’s best can’t even come closer to competing with!

Quote Originally Posted by FragSyndrome View Post
    Have you tried his Amber Cologne, Musk cologne, Oud Maximus? Those are the best of bortnikoff imho.

Have you tried other natural houses like Areej, Dixit & Zak, TRNP, Ensar Oud, Agar Aura? I’m asking because while I really love some Bortnikoff frags and find this to be a great “gateway to naturals” house, there’s many frags out there that Bortnikoff’s best can’t even come closer to competing with!
    yes i have bottles of amber cologne, sayat nova, oud monarch, and moss cologne. I sampled musk cologne and loved it so want to add that and khabib to the collection! Liked Coup de Foudre (EDP) but had poor performance.

I do have a decant of the new yellow lemon tree on the way, never tried any ALD and ensar oud is way too pricey for me

yes i have bottles of amber cologne, sayat nova, oud monarch, and moss cologne. I sampled musk cologne and loved it so want to add that and khabib to the collection! Liked Coup de Foudre (EDP) but had poor performance.

I do have a decant of the new yellow lemon tree, never tried any ALD and ensar oud is way too pricey for me
    Take my advise on this, order Areej Le Dore’s Russian Musk 2 that’s being released on Sunday 10am pst. You will not regret it.

Be there at 10 on the dot to order. It may very well sell out in just a few minutes.

thanks for the heads up, any idea how much the bottles cost?

thanks for the heads up, any idea how much the bottles will go for?
    Yea it’ll be $375 + $15 shipping to the USA. 100% worth it. FYI: Russian Musk (original release) bottles have sold on eBay for $900-$1400. It’s regarded as the best of Areej. I’ve got the attar version of the original and can confirm that.

Any thoughts in Tabac Dore? What’s it like?

MD > LA > NYC > Chicago > MSP > NYC > LA > Seattle

Definitely try Areej le Dore, as the others have said. I'm only recent, starting with the 6th collection, but I've only been blown away.

Agar de Noir still just kills me... It's just on a whole other level. I can't wait for the latest classic collection to come in the mail.

Personally, I think that Bortnikoff is a better perfumer than Russian Adam from ALD. The latter surely uses more challenging, unique and rarer ingredients regularly but after testing quite a few scents from him it feels that his way to operate is to throw all of these precious ingredients all together and hope that something good will come out of it. Whereas Bortnikoff is maybe more understated but he's more mature and skilled at making perfumes.

While everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, I find this comparing Bortnikoff to other prominent artisans in terms of "better" or "worse", or being on different "levels" a bit weird. Taste is subjective. For me, they all have hits and misses, and different styles. And sure, Bortnikoff has put out lots of stuff that don't move me in the slightest, and some that I would never ever wear, but he also has put out stuff that I consider masterful both as compositions and as wearable perfumes (Oud Monarch, Triad and Musk Khabib are examples of both, to me) - and he has several more that might not be game-changing but eminently crafted, natural smelling and extremely wearable (Musk, Amber, Oud Cologne, L'Heure Exquise). Which is more or less the same as I feel about the complete catalogue of any artisan perfumer.
    Currently wearing: Jeke by Slumberhouse

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Eilenberg View Post
    Personally, I think that Bortnikoff is a better perfumer than Russian Adam from ALD. The latter surely uses more challenging, unique and rarer ingredients regularly but after testing quite a few scents from him it feels that his way to operate is to throw all of these precious ingredients all together and hope that something good will come out of it. Whereas Bortnikoff is maybe more understated but he's more mature and skilled at making perfumes.
    I can see that.

I agree with Avrora...although I feel like with the volume of releases there’s always going to be a higher probability of not liking everything, which put into perspective is perfectly fine and normal. Vetiver nocturne absolu is up there with some of my absolute favorites in my collection, and there’s others that I love such as l’huere exquise, Oud Maximus, and chypre du nord. I think Bortnikoff has a pretty high ceiling, and I find what I consider to be their best to be formidable.

Coup de Foudre extrait is back.

How was the original one received, and how did it mature?

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post

This is the one I missed I will be up for this one. Thanks for the update.
    Currently wearing: Homeros by Ensar Oud

Quote Originally Posted by avrora View Post
    While everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, I find this comparing Bortnikoff to other prominent artisans in terms of "better" or "worse", or being on different "levels" a bit weird. Taste is subjective. For me, they all have hits and misses, and different styles. And sure, Bortnikoff has put out lots of stuff that don't move me in the slightest, and some that I would never ever wear, but he also has put out stuff that I consider masterful both as compositions and as wearable perfumes (Oud Monarch, Triad and Musk Khabib are examples of both, to me) - and he has several more that might not be game-changing but eminently crafted, natural smelling and extremely wearable (Musk, Amber, Oud Cologne, L'Heure Exquise). Which is more or less the same as I feel about the complete catalogue of any artisan perfumer.
    This is a great post...

I couldn’t agree more. Both perfumers are wonderful in my book. Do I absolutely love everything they’ve done? No, I don’t. Although I would have to say that I enjoy more of the ALD perfumes I’ve tried than the Bortnikoff perfumes I’ve tried, but there are several Bortnikoff’s I really enjoy, and Musk Cologne I absolutely love.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post

Matured very well - but the spiciness was super dense and needed some room to breathe. Which is why the Eau de Parfum was so good in my opinion because it took the Extrait idea and made it a bit easier to wear.

I think CdF (EdP) is tied with Musk Khabib as my #1 Bortnikoff.
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Wearing Oud Maximus Autumn ‘19 and I think this might be my favorite Bortnikoff (sorry, Zemfira)! It’s got the un-Bortnikoff-like projection that I crave. I was sitting on a bench reading in the Arboretum in 90-degree heat this afternoon, practically stewing in my own juices and ceaselessly attracting giant flies. I love this stuff!
    Currently wearing: Jasmin Rouge by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by prh002 View Post
    Wearing Oud Maximus Autumn ‘19 and I think this might be my favorite Bortnikoff (sorry, Zemfira)! It’s got the un-Bortnikoff-like projection that I crave. I was sitting on a bench reading in the Arboretum in 90-degree heat this afternoon, practically stewing in my own juices and ceaselessly attracting giant flies. I love this stuff!
    I have the original and it's by far my favorite Bortnikoff.

Default Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy1985 View Post
    I have the original and it's by far my favorite Bortnikoff.
    I’m wearing the original Oud Maximus today. Masterfully done. It was my favorite bortnikoff but my tastes have changed and I’m no longer enjoying the spices in it as much as I used to.
    However, my changing tastes aside - I still think it is the best of Bortnikoff.

To my current tastes: it would have to be Amber Cologne. Too bad it doesn’t perform like Oud Maximus does.

How is oud maximus 2020? Seems like the only one thats available now.

I get pretty good performance from amber cologne, and i have the newest version with the gold cap

Also, how do the attars compare? Ive never tried an attar in my life but interested in trying them

Tabac Dore Review:

Authorized reseller for Areej Le Dore and Bornikoff Fragrances along with various sized samples. Plus a ton of New and 95% Used Fragrances along with hundreds of Decants from Amouage, Bond No. 9, Creed, Dior, PDM, Tom Ford etc. fragnanimous.com
    Currently wearing: Hawas for Men by Rasasi

This guy looks tired man. Dont be like Joescent me or whats his name, but a little more life in him would be appreciated.
    Review not at all inspiring and he should do some prep before reviewing.
    I still didnt get if its dry or humid type of scent.
    How sweet or not sweet it is.
    Comparisons to others. Sayat nova has wattery feel because of apricot used - is it same when he says tobacco is wet?

Anyone else tried Tabac dore?

testing coupe de foudre for the first time... I am getting a very musky drydown similar to EO2 am I crazy to have this association? Is there any musk in here? I thought there was no musk

I have oud maximus attar and is much weaker than the extrait version but more creamy @succio

Triad’s over here having me feel like this today!

16CBDBED-F5BB-4B44-BC04-68A332D69727.jpeg

I think I’ve been too quick to write off a lot of Bortnikoffs. I have around 10 of them and I feel as if they’ve let themselves be overshadowed by my ALDs and EOs, among others - like the intelligent but shy classmate or colleague who you wish could be more assertive. I’ve enjoyed reading others’ thoughts on Triad and think it was the perfect scent to wear in the dentist’s chair this morning. No idle barber-like chit-chat from the hygienist today; I think she was too busy inhaling this beautifully-crafted fragrance! If I were ever to suffer from horrible halitosis, this would be the ring of roses I’d want around my neck to make up for it.

I’ve never tried Musk Khabib in spray form and I go back to my sample whenever I read a glowing review of it. I’m convinced I musk be missing something because it just smells pleasant but doesn’t seem worth the asking price. Am I nuts? After having pre-ordered the ALD Classic Collection, I’m feeling a little sensitized to price so maybe this would be the right time to sneak a purchase in under the radar.
    Currently wearing: Jasmin Rouge by Tom Ford

After having 2 emails ignored, I asked the bortnikoff Instagram about which of their fragrances are 100% natural, and they responded with... a flame emoji... pretty annoying. Guess I'm not buying any since I can't get a simple answer out of the company that advertises everywhere, "all fragrances are 85 to 100% natural. "
    My sale / swap thread. Artisan, TRNP, Di Ser sales and swaps, bottles and samples

Quote Originally Posted by RedPillFrag View Post
    testing coupe de foudre for the first time... I am getting a very musky drydown similar to EO2 am I crazy to have this association? Is there any musk in here? I thought there was no musk
    I think it might be the Amber/spice combo from EO2 that kind of sticks to the musk and makes everything extra raunchy. A lot of perfumes use that combo to mimic musk... EO2 uses it like a guitar amp. So I think it might be that effect in the base with CdF??
    Currently wearing: EO Red by Ensar Oud

Page 97 of 100 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast