Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 52

Thread: Di Ser

  1. #1

    Default Di Ser

    Anyone has or sampled any fragrances from this house? If so then which scent and what do you think? I just noticed them on Luckyscent. Looks like it’s a Japanese company and the majority of their scents include oud. They are quite pricey but the few reviews that are online are very positive.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Di Ser

    Last weekend I traveled to Los Angeles to visit the Scent bar of Luckyscent. I will post separately about my visit which was VERY positive. Why I am writing here is that after smelling ~ 30 to 40 fragrances I asked the gentleman helping me what impressed him. This is when he showed me the Di Ser fragrances. They are kept in a separate glass box and somewhat special despite being in a store which includes some of the most expensive and prestigious anywhere. I had they chance to smell two. To me, they came across representative of their home country, Japan. Unfortunately, I failed to capture the names of the fragrances. While I was very impressed I really didn’t want to become too interested in a fragrance which costs over $1,000. If I came upon significant money this would be the exclusive fragrance house which most interested me (above Roja, Clive C, Stéphane Humbert, Adeej Le Doré, etc.). Until then, I will hope others post their thoughts to learn more.

    I will try to determine the name of the fragrances I smelled. One had a beautiful green tea note.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Di Ser

    Excellent house. Sampled kyara, sasora, and hasunoito. I would be more than happy to purchase them. 1k for 33ml is tough to swallow but if money is not an issue it's not going to disappoint.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Di Ser

    I tried Kyara and Hasunoito out. Nice, but nothing special. Hasunoito smelled like a more natural version of Bond no 9 Wall Street. Kyara smells primarily of rose essential oil and mint to me. Similar to Geranium Pour Monsier by Frederick Malle.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Di Ser

    I tried Kyara and it was an immediate love for me. I ended up saving and getting a bottle of it. BUT I would recommend ordering samples of the line first. Kyara to most would just smell like a green camphor dominant fragrance but it's more than that to me....just to say it might not do anything at all for you...and at that price point you got to really love it to shell out the cash. The good thing is that even their $100 fragrances smell great and natural and most importantly follow the cultural preferences the company is from...they are personal scents and do not tend to project well or be loud. If that is important to you these will seem like a let down in terms of performance. I tend to like and wear more often scents that are personal so these were a hit for me.
    Currently wearing: Diaghilev by Roja Dove

  6. #6

    thebeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Biggest Little City
    Posts
    4,403

    Default Re: Di Ser

    I happen to have samples of Kyara and Tsuki arriving in 2 days. I'll report back here.

    Tsuki - $100.00 for 33ml
    Kyara - $1,150.00 for 33ml

    Two ends of the pricing structure.
    The company is definitely into some numerology - making 33ml bottles.

    I don't know if this is why, but I'll post this here anyway.

    Number 33 Meaning. The numerology number 33 is a number of family, harmony, and creative self-expression. The numerology number 33 is a number of family and harmony, likely to be in the forefront of creative innovation in the home. At certain positions of numerology charts, 33 is considered to be a master number.

  7. #7
    All Is Beautiful
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    8,146

    Default Re: Di Ser

    anyone with experience with this house? I tried Tsuki sample and was very impressed.

  8. #8
    Basenotes Plus
    wildrnesxperienc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    754

    Default Re: Di Ser

    I have 2 samples from Luckyscent sitting here- Tsuki and Kazehiraki but haven’t tried them yet. I will say that my buddy Mixerscent, who is a big fan of the house and these 2 in particular, has said that the samples of this house from Luckyscent may be underwhelming. He had a totally different experience when he was able to wear straight from the bottle. So take that possibility into account.
    Currently wearing: Tribute Attar by Amouage

  9. #9

    Default Re: Di Ser

    I had the opportunity to smell many from the line. I also own one but need to check the name. Further, I have emailed with the owner in northern Japan. I would start by saying that I love the idea of this house. An individual who has incredible passion for what he does. The details are clearly considered. His pricing reflects the ingredients and incoming costs, seen occasionally but not often. I also believe that many of us are searching for that hidden gem that few have discovered. This house is a great candidate. As his ingredients are from the area he lives, northern Japan, the scents are different from what I have experienced elsewhere. For us on basenotes this is usually a good thing. My only concern is fragrance longevity. The experience I have with the one I own is that it is unique and very enjoyable but fleeting.

    If you have seen the documentary Jiro Dreams of Sushi, I picture Di Ser as the fragrance equivalent.

  10. #10
    All Is Beautiful
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    8,146

    Default Re: Di Ser

    longevity is what all naturals suffer from.This one Tsuki that I tried lasted on clothing for a few hours.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Di Ser

    Very nice house. I've tried all of their offerings, and the three that I ended up buying are Tsuki, Kyara, and Sasora.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Di Ser

    Quote Originally Posted by wildrnesxperienc View Post
    I have 2 samples from Luckyscent sitting here- Tsuki and Kazehiraki but haven’t tried them yet. I will say that my buddy Mixerscent, who is a big fan of the house and these 2 in particular, has said that the samples of this house from Luckyscent may be underwhelming. He had a totally different experience when he was able to wear straight from the bottle. So take that possibility into account.
    Interesting. What specifically did he experience differently when he tried a bottle?

    The only fragrance from this house I've tried is Adameku from a LuckyScent sample. I found it a beautiful citrus floral, but super-ephemeral; just didn't last long enough for me to justify a purchase, but I really enjoyed wearing it.
    Currently wearing: Timbre by Chris Rusak

  13. #13

    Default Re: Di Ser

    I recently purchased samples of Akanesasu and Mizu.
    First impression is that they’re of good quality, but have poor longevity and projection.
    Scent wise nothing groundbreaking or challenging.

    I’ve only tried them once though, maybe there is more to be discovered?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Di Ser

    I purchased a sample of Kyara. Although I can smell the relationship to actual Kyara the entire composition was overwhelmed by a green rose or geranium note that I just couldn’t get past. Interested to hear what others have experienced with this one. It actually reminded me a bit of my experience with patchouli sublime (different house).

  15. #15
    Basenotes Plus
    wildrnesxperienc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    754

    Default Re: Di Ser

    Quote Originally Posted by darinaldi View Post
    Interesting. What specifically did he experience differently when he tried a bottle?

    The only fragrance from this house I've tried is Adameku from a LuckyScent sample. I found it a beautiful citrus floral, but super-ephemeral; just didn't last long enough for me to justify a purchase, but I really enjoyed wearing it.
    He thought they were flat from the Luckyscent sample vials but “unbelievably fresh and zesty” sprayed from the bottle. I know lots of people claim it makes no difference, but I do think atomizing “lights” the fuse of a fragrance, if you will, and starts it on it’s journey. Whether or not that’s on your skin for you to experience, or in a vial with no one around to smell it.
    Currently wearing: Tribute Attar by Amouage

  16. #16

    Default Re: Di Ser

    Had a chance to spray so Kyara on my wrist today at Scent Bar in NY. Definitely smell that “spiritually pure” kyara/jinkoh scent of high grade burning oud. There is a slight cedar backbone and apparently some rose but I only get a slight spice(as from geranium) that may be a subtle rose. I liked it very much and that is probably the only time I’ll encounter it as I don’t have $1400 to spare and if I did I’d get a cornucopia of other scents.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Di Ser

    Quote Originally Posted by wildrnesxperienc View Post
    He thought they were flat from the Luckyscent sample vials but “unbelievably fresh and zesty” sprayed from the bottle. I know lots of people claim it makes no difference, but I do think atomizing “lights” the fuse of a fragrance, if you will, and starts it on it’s journey. Whether or not that’s on your skin for you to experience, or in a vial with no one around to smell it.
    atomizing ?
    “All mankind is from Adam and Eve. An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action." -

    saying of the prophet muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم in what is known as the farewell sermon.

  18. #18
    Basenotes Plus
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    25,456

    Default Re: Di Ser

    Quote Originally Posted by abu abdullaah View Post
    atomizing ?
    Spraying using an atomiser bottle.

    It (spraying) disperses the fragrance into smaller individual droplets, exposing more surface area for evaporation to take place. So yeah, mixerscent could be right. I feel it affects the more volatile top notes more than the heavier bases.

    Have always wanted to smell Kyara but I’m afraid I might fall in love with it and throw caution to the winds in pursuit.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Di Ser

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Spraying using an atomiser bottle.

    It (spraying) disperses the fragrance into smaller individual droplets, exposing more surface area for evaporation to take place. So yeah, mixerscent could be right. I feel it affects the more volatile top notes more than the heavier bases.

    Have always wanted to smell Kyara but I’m afraid I might fall in love with it and throw caution to the winds in pursuit.
    I knew I was safe—- my credit card daily limit is lower than the Retail Price

  20. #20
    Dependent Cheetah1919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,990

    Default Re: Di Ser

    I’ve had 2 Kyara samples for about a year, and I really like it! I also don’t get an upfront rose aspect. Upfront is more of a bright lemony type vibrancy almost like non smoky frankincense, with maybe a little geranium to it. But in the back is a very quality authentic old wood smell that fits the Kyara name! Wish I was rich, lol

  21. #21
    Super Member SydnorIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    283

    Default Re: Di Ser

    At this point, I believe I have tried every fragrance the house currently has to offer. Now, Di Ser might be my favorite fragrance house next to Sultan Pasha. My favorite fragrance from Di Ser happens to be Jinko, which is a Tokyo Boutique exclusive and it's a wonderfully oudy, dark foresty fragrance. I love that Di Ser offers so many options from both inexpensive $100 scents to ultra-luxury $1500 fragrances utilizing some of the most rare fragrant materials on earth. It certainly doesn't hurt that the fragrances are 100% natural and they match up perfectly with their concepts, really allowing you to visualize what the perfumer is trying to show you.
    All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Di Ser

    I just got a bit of Keman, which I believe one of our own basenotes members had a hand in creating. Lovely: floral, lightly oudy with a nice bracing mint/yuzu/shiso blast up front. Really cool and distinctive.

  23. #23
    Super Member SydnorIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    283

    Default Re: Di Ser

    I love Keman...lucky to have a bottle

    Speaking of bottles, just bought Akanesasu!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Di Ser

    Quote Originally Posted by SydnorIII View Post
    I love Keman...lucky to have a bottle

    Speaking of bottles, just bought Akanesasu!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in hearing your take on Akanesasu. Could you share your thoughts of it after you've gotten it?

  25. #25

    Default Re: Di Ser

    Quote Originally Posted by SydnorIII View Post
    inexpensive $100 scents
    Wait for it...



  26. #26
    Super Member SydnorIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    283

    Default Re: Di Ser

    Quote Originally Posted by j.zheyii View Post
    Interested in hearing your take on Akanesasu. Could you share your thoughts of it after you've gotten it?
    I've already sampled it twice now and seemed to keep thinking about it, so I knew it was time for a bottle.

    It's a really juicy-sweet orange in the opening...much like the opening of mysterious oud by Bortnikoff. There is a hint of tartness from bergamot to offset the sweetness of the orange. Jasmine comes in with a clean white floral quality, totally devoid of any indolics. Same jasmine from Shiragoromo. The vetiver wraps things up and is super clean...bright green and a little spicy. It's a very happy scent...perfect for spring and summer.
    All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

  27. #27
    Super Member SydnorIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    283

    Default Re: Di Ser

    Quote Originally Posted by jabar View Post
    Wait for it...


    I'm sure some folks would disagree that $100 for 33 ml is inexpensive. I, However, take into account these are all-natural ingredients (some of them grown by the perfumer) and the fact I can't even get through a 30 ml of anything, much less a 50 or 100 ml. $100 for a bottle is very reasonable IMO.
    All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Di Ser

    Quote Originally Posted by SydnorIII View Post
    I've already sampled it twice now and seemed to keep thinking about it, so I knew it was time for a bottle.

    It's a really juicy-sweet orange in the opening...much like the opening of mysterious oud by Bortnikoff. There is a hint of tartness from bergamot to offset the sweetness of the orange. Jasmine comes in with a clean white floral quality, totally devoid of any indolics. Same jasmine from Shiragoromo. The vetiver wraps things up and is super clean...bright green and a little spicy. It's a very happy scent...perfect for spring and summer.
    Thank you for your input. That does sound really good. How does it compare to TdH though? Since both shares the Orange-Vetiver prominent notes, do they smell alike in general?

  29. #29
    Super Member SydnorIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    283

    Default Re: Di Ser

    Quote Originally Posted by j.zheyii View Post
    Thank you for your input. That does sound really good. How does it compare to TdH though? Since both shares the Orange-Vetiver prominent notes, do they smell alike in general?
    Much brighter, more floral, and more clean vetiver than Terre.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Di Ser

    Quote Originally Posted by SydnorIII View Post
    Much brighter, more floral, and more clean vetiver than Terre.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm getting a bottle as well just from your description of it, along with travel sprays of Kurokami and Hasu no ito, as I am really interested in exploring floral and oud based scents from this house. Can't wait to try them for myself.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000