Code of Conduct

Question Zaharoff Signature Por Homme

Has anyone tried tthis fragrance? Iím about to order a bottle but am not confident about age appropriateness. Would like to hear the forumís thoughts.

Happy New Year!
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Default Re: Zaharoff Signature Por Homme

Since the link is from Nordstrom, I'm assuming that's where you'll buy it from. Do you happen to have a Nordstrom in your area where you can try it first?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Since the link is from Nordstrom, I'm assuming that's where you'll buy it from. Do you happen to have a Nordstrom in your area where you can try it first?
    No, unfortunately not. This is how I’ve managed to accumulated quite a collection of bottles that need to be traded or sold lol.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by bocraw View Post
    No, unfortunately not. This is how I’ve managed to accumulated quite a collection of bottles that need to be traded or sold lol.
    Oh I see.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

I'm wearing the original Zaharoff pour Homme today, and it's versatile enough for any age, but I'm not sure if this one is the same. I didn't even realize it was a thing until this morning. I need to get out more.
    Overcome by Fumes
    Currently wearing: Aki by Tann Rokka

Greetings! I have to keep it real and say that I waited for decades to answer a query like this....if you wish to experience Zaharoff Signature Pour Homme, you can go to the Zaharoff website and ask for a sample, I will have one sent out to you as a gift.

All my best to you!

Re: Zaharoff Signature Por Homme
    I'm wearing the original Zaharoff pour Homme today, and it's versatile enough for any age, but I'm not sure if this one is the same. I didn't even realize it was a thing until this morning. I need to get out more.

The original Zaharoff Pour Homme was such a labor of love so it makes me happy someone is STILL using it after all these years. That fragrance was a very very special fragrance and will never be made again. When Givaudan purchased Quest (the original perfume house) the profile card was lost in the shuffle. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by GZaharoff View Post
    Greetings! I have to keep it real and say that I waited for decades to answer a query like this....if you wish to experience Zaharoff Signature Pour Homme, you can go to the Zaharoff website and ask for a sample, I will have one sent out to you as a gift.

All my best to you!
    That's very kind of you.

I received a free sample and I am extremely pleased and will be ordering a full size bottle. It is very versatile as well as unique and definitely masculine. Clean, fresh, powdery, bold and already a compliment getter. Fantastic fragrance.
    Last edited by Markactor; 18th April 2019 at 12:07 PM.
    Currently wearing: Ani by Nishane

I received a sample today of this fragrance, and I’m impressed. The opening is heavy with lavender and base notes of frankincense and woods. The mid has iris becoming more prominent. As it dries down for 30-60 minutes it is more green with less lavender. It has a light sweetness to it perhaps coming from the sandalwood or amber. The drydown is really nice. It becomes a a little softer and the base is dominant.

Not that this is a clone of this, but it’s in the same ballpark of Guerlain L’Homme Idea EDP. That will give you an idea of what to expect. I think it would make a great office scent or formal scent. It comes across as very high quality and sophisticated. There is nothing to dislike about this scent.

Mr. Zaharofff... we have the same initials... my first name is Gary
    And my last name starts with a Z also... Cool... I still have about half of a bottle
    Of Your Original fragrance... I have been very careful with this because I
    Knew it could not be ordered... I will purchase a new bottle very soon..,
    Thank You for making this available again...
    G. 303 (G.Z.)

Quote Originally Posted by ObiWanCannoli View Post
    I received a sample today of this fragrance, and I’m impressed. The opening is heavy with lavender and base notes of frankincense and woods. The mid has iris becoming more prominent. As it dries down for 30-60 minutes it is more green with less lavender. It has a light sweetness to it perhaps coming from the sandalwood or amber. The drydown is really nice. It becomes a a little softer and the base is dominant.

Not that this is a clone of this, but it’s in the same ballpark of Guerlain L’Homme Idea EDP. That will give you an idea of what to expect. I think it would make a great office scent or formal scent. It comes across as very high quality and sophisticated. There is nothing to dislike about this scent.
    Thank you ObiWanCannoli for the kind words. The top note is really different than the heart note - the dry down "sweet" you are getting is frankincense and oud. The frankincense is from a region of Ethiopia that is more citrus-y and the oud is a sweet type called Sinensis. Just beautiful.There's a video series on the Zaharoff YT channel if you wish to see everything that went into the creation of Zaharoff Signature Pour Homme. Best wishes and thanks again! George

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    Mr. Zaharofff... we have the same initials... my first name is Gary
    And my last name starts with a Z also... Cool... I still have about half of a bottle
    Of Your Original fragrance... I have been very careful with this because I
    Knew it could not be ordered... I will purchase a new bottle very soon..,
    Thank You for making this available again...
    G. 303 (G.Z.)
    Very nice to "e-meet" you, Gary, you can call me George! I think its so great you still have Zaharoff Pour Homme! I don't even have one for myself - every single bottle was sold. If you wish to experience ZSPH, you can go on the Zaharoff website and we will send you a sample, without any obligation, of course.

Best, The Other "G.Z."

Quote Originally Posted by Markactor View Post
    I received a free sample and I am extremely pleased and will be ordering a full size bottle. It is very versatile as well as unique and definitely masculine. Clean, fresh, powdery, bold and already a compliment getter. Fantastic fragrance.
    Thank you Markactor! Exactly as you describe it is exactly the feeling I wanted with this scent. It is a labor of love and in the spirit of "The Art of Fragrance". If you end up getting yourself a bottle, make sure to register your bottle - there's a card in the box with instructions.

Best wishes, George

Thank You so much G.Z.... I am very excited to smell this new Version of Zaharoff Pour Homme!!!
    G.Z.

Does anyone know of any way to get this in Europe without paying loads for shipping and import fees?

I’m sorry about the high cost to ship outside of the United States - it’s unbelievable when I see the cost of shipping a small bottle of fragrance. In some cases, it is more in shipping than the actual purchase.

Please contact me at info(at)zaharoff(dot)com and let’s see how I can help. This goes for anyone outside of the US reading this.

Thank you! George Zaharoff