Code of Conduct

Thread: Bvlgari Blv?

Basenotes Junkie

Default Bvlgari Blv?

I allways think I want something else clean, soapy, and long lasting when I just want to smell clean and shower fresh all day. I as of now have Mugler Cologne and Sung Homme which i love both of them. I cant wear any Pradas because they turn sickeningly bad on me almost instantly so I'm allways on the lookout. I finally found a tester of Bvlgari Blv at the mall and, whoa, it is possibly the most soapy, powdery fresh thing I have ever come across. I just tested one spray on my arm, but it smells like a bar of maby Dove, or Caress soap that was rubbed on the skin. Or how my grandmothers and uncles bathroom smells right after a hot steamy shower. I am looking at adding a small bottle to my collection now! Any thoughts or input on your experiences with it?

Default Re: Bvlgari Blv?

It's gingery isn't it? Poor performer also I remember.

Basenotes Junkie

It's supposed to be gingery, if I even recall what ginger really smells like. I've read it both ways. Everything from 12 hour performance down to a pitfull 2 hours. But I'm going to test it more on myself. I will tell you though that one spray was very strong and projected too much for three hours on bare skin before I had to wash it off. Seems like an under the shirt one for me, to hold back projection. But we will see, I'm gonna a get a 15ml bottle. It I get 7 or 8 hours I will be very pleased.

I remember having a bottle of it while on holiday in Greece, so the heat might have affected it's longevity. Apart from that, I liked it.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Poor performer also I remember.
    My recollection also.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I tested it once and it didn't last long I recalled.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

I like BLV (though I like Blv Notte better) and the performance is average on me, not outstanding, not terrible, on par with everything else these days. Safe office scent and a different kind of fresh which I really appreciate.

This lasts all day on me love it like a bar of white soap..

Basenotes Institution

Owned and like my bottle since it's original release date years ago.

Blog Entries

To me, it's a floral gingery frag for the most part, it's very fresh and clean, and has a powdery component. Typically not my style of fragrance, but I have some sort of connection with this one. I get a ton of compliments when I do where it. Also, one of my platonic girl friends in the past dubbed it as the sexiest men's frag she ever smelled.
    All Time Top 10: Fahrenheit, Fahrenheit Absolute, Corduroy, Seduction in Black, Itasca, Arpege pH, Burberry London, Spark Seduction, Paul Smith Man, Eau des Baux

The Scented Devil
    Blog Entries

Official fragrance of the BLV MAN GROVP

Just kidding.

I am curious now
    Reviews Wordpress Archive here --> The Scented Devil
    Instagram here --> Varanis Ridari @the_scented_devil
    Formerly Zealot Crusader

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Official fragrance of the BLV MAN GROVP

(The writing for the first three seasons of Arrested Development was so ridiculously good. Off the charts good)

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Just kidding.

I am curious now
    I've been curious about BLV and BLV Notte too, but I haven't had the guts to blind buy 'em and samples seem impossible to find. I'm a big fan of this style, but the thing is, fresh/clean scents are some of the hardest to create without having them smell like a heap of chemicals because there's nowhere for the flaws of the chemicals to hide. Clean is either clean or it isn't. Anything harsh isn't clean because clean isn't harsh. I've been burned too many times... but then again, sometimes Bvlgari does fresh really well.

When I first joined BN, BLV and BLV Notte were always at Ross for around $25 and I was so tempted. There's so much garbage at places like Ross, but man oh man, some gems pop up there every now and then too.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Boy Chanel
    Endymion
    Royal Oud
    APOM
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Tabac Rouge
    Reflection Man
    Green Irish Tweed
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Interlude Man
    Chanel Eau De Cologne
    Aqua Universalis
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Pomelo Paradis
    Amouage Silver Man
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT
    "Live in the moment. Never count on longevity." --Yeasayer
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

The Scented Devil
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post

(The writing for the first three seasons of Arrested Development was so ridiculously good. Off the charts good)

I've been curious about BLV and BLV Notte too, but I haven't had the guts to blind buy 'em and samples seem impossible to find. I'm a big fan of this style, but the thing is, fresh/clean scents are some of the hardest to create without having them smell like a heap of chemicals because there's nowhere for the flaws of the chemicals to hide. Clean is either clean or it isn't. Anything harsh isn't clean because clean isn't harsh. I've been burned too many times... but then again, sometimes Bvlgari does fresh really well.

When I first joined BN, BLV and BLV Notte were always at Ross for around $25 and I was so tempted. There's so much garbage at places like Ross, but man oh man, some gems pop up there every now and then too.
    I'm so BLV if I was green I would die
    Reviews Wordpress Archive here --> The Scented Devil
    Instagram here --> Varanis Ridari @the_scented_devil
    Formerly Zealot Crusader

It smells like Baby Powder to me and I don't want to walk around smelling like a big baby. Horrible stuff.

Getting decent but not outstanding performance from it, can say pretty much the same about the actual scent-at the very least about how it interacts with personal skin chemistry
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Just bought a bottle today after many years.
    It smells wonderful and projects nicely but it was never a longevity monster. Like all bvlgari fragrances it's not loud.
    I got 5 hours easily from the very first sprays today so I suspect it will improve even more after it opens up.
    It's a gorgeous scent for sure probably bvlgari's best fragrance.