Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Armand Basi Wild Forest, any fans?

I recently blind bought this from a website still selling bottles for a good price, and wow! Good stuff! I know Armand Basi frags, very rarely spoken about. This one is actually super unique, and reminds me of the Un Jardin Hermes line. The natural green smelling notes, with that peppery quality that JCE is notorious for. Or for reference, if you've ever tried Jacomo Paradox Green, or haven't and wanted to, this may be easier to obtain. It's virtually the same fragrance. In fact I need to do a side by side with them and compare. Also the bottle is super cool! Projection is pretty beast on me, and longevity is great too. It actually caught me off guard, I was not expecting such a good frag.

Anyone else try this one? If so, do you get the Hermes comparison? The one I bought is a tester but it came with what I presume to be the retail bottle, and cap as well.
    All Time Top 10: Fahrenheit, Fahrenheit Absolute, Corduroy, Seduction in Black, Itasca, Arpege pH, Burberry London, Spark Seduction, Paul Smith Man, Eau des Baux

Default Re: Armand Basi Wild Forest, any fans?

Jadelynn in her review on Fragrantica:'All I can smell is cedar. If I wanted to cuddle with someone who smells like a hamster cage, I'd get myself a hamster'.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    Jadelynn in her review on Fragrantica:'All I can smell is cedar. If I wanted to cuddle with someone who smells like a hamster cage, I'd get myself a hamster'.
    LOL!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    Maybe a little bit of cedar.. a lot more violet. I get a lot of notes that aren't listed, like i get a ton of lime, as well as vetiver, pine. It is very green, but not in a dirty or mossy way, not in a chypre way, more in a Hermes Un Jardin way, I am not sure what genre of fragrance those are, I would say like fruity/floral/green.. this is quite similar.

I learned not to trust reviews on obscure frags, best to try it yourself if you can find the right price.

If my word means anything, this one is a real sleeper.
    All Time Top 10: Fahrenheit, Fahrenheit Absolute, Corduroy, Seduction in Black, Itasca, Arpege pH, Burberry London, Spark Seduction, Paul Smith Man, Eau des Baux

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I recently blind bought this from a website still selling bottles for a good price, and wow! Good stuff! I know Armand Basi frags, very rarely spoken about. This one is actually super unique, and reminds me of the Un Jardin Hermes line. The natural green smelling notes, with that peppery quality that JCE is notorious for. Or for reference, if you've ever tried Jacomo Paradox Green, or haven't and wanted to, this may be easier to obtain. It's virtually the same fragrance. In fact I need to do a side by side with them and compare. Also the bottle is super cool! Projection is pretty beast on me, and longevity is great too. It actually caught me off guard, I was not expecting such a good frag.

Anyone else try this one? If so, do you get the Hermes comparison? The one I bought is a tester but it came with what I presume to be the retail bottle, and cap as well.
    I agree (that it's quite nice), but I'd add it seems to have a bit of iso e super, so if you really hate that stuff that might ruin your enjoyment of it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I agree (that it's quite nice), but I'd add it seems to have a bit of iso e super, so if you really hate that stuff that might ruin your enjoyment of it.
    Ya for sure. That's giving it the cedar effect.

Also, Pm'd you.