Code of Conduct
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64
Results 1,891 to 1,901 of 1901

Default Re: The official Jeremy Fragrance fragrance thread

Quote Originally Posted by CH MEN PRIVE View Post
    There is something really wrong with him that he is oblivious to how offensive and idiotic his comments are. He really needs mental health counseling.
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Taking a new low and bashing well known fragrances haha, he will stop at nothing to make a name for himself. YouTube world is a funny thing, Iíll leave the fragrances to the big houses that produce quality stuff. I just canít do this guy lol, I donít believe Iíve heard of other perfumers or houses bashing others or being so opinionated oh yea itís YouTube social media what would one expect SMH.
    Aaron Terence Hughes disliked a lot of popular fragrances in the beginning of his Youtube career. He trashed nearly all Creeds, a couple of MFKs etc..
    But when he got the backlash he did a 180į turn and now likes most of the popular stuff he reviews. Because it pays off as he also says what he would do better. People then think "oh his fragrances must be even better than the best designer and niche stuff out there".

And let's not forget Peter aka Fragrance View who hated nearly everything he smelled.
    I laughed when someone pointed me to Gordon Ramsay as a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    Aaron Terence Hughes disliked a lot of popular fragrances in the beginning of his Youtube career. He trashed nearly all Creeds, a couple of MFKs etc..
    But when he got the backlash he did a 180į turn and now likes most of the popular stuff he reviews. Because it pays off as he also says what he would do better. People then think "oh his fragrances must be even better than the best designer and niche stuff out there".

And let's not forget Peter aka Fragrance View who hated nearly everything he smelled.
    I laughed when someone pointed me to Gordon Ramsay as a comparison.
    Aaron is the type of person to say all of the fragrances Women rate a 10 to be sh*t lol
    and then you ask him what he likes and it's Zoologist or something
    and goes on a rant about the Aroma compound DNA along with several math equations.

Dude is WAY 2 into it.

Aaron is the type of person to say all of the fragrances Women rate a 10 to be sh*t lol
    and goes on a rant about the Aroma compound DNA along with several math equations.

Dude is WAY 2 into it.
    He used to bash some popular and mass pleasing fragrances - but he doesn't do that anymore because it isn't good for his own sales.
    So he basically says those mainstream fragrances inspire him for his own creations which are - of course - better.

I'm not sure if everything he says about certain aroma chemicals is accurate and I doubt that he's able to do complex chemical reaction formulas when he even needed a calculator to work out what 1 ml would cost after quoting the price of the 100 ml bottle...

But I appreciate his reviews as he has some original thoughts sometimes which sets him apart from all the other reviewers who basically just repeat the given notes from the manufacturer or copy what some other reviewers said earlier (think of Joy Amin...).

And I also believe that every reviewer who is uploading video after video has indeed a certain passion about fragrances, even guys like TLTG.

It's up to you which reviewer you watch.
    Jeremy is certainly entertaining - but not necessarily for his actual fragrance reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    There is something really wrong with him that he is oblivious to how offensive and idiotic his comments are. He really needs mental health counseling.
    I don't disagree, but he has plenty of followers who sadly think it's all good.

I find the pricing of his fragrances to be incredibly crass and exploitative.

Looks to me like this will come to an ugly end at some point.

He has written the playbook for You Tube frag reviewers. Mr Smelly has a scent and I saw that Monica Cioch is putting one out. More to follow I'm sure. I have no real issues with any of them trying to make money. But creating their own fragrance lines calls more attention to the "business" aspect of what they are doing. Early on, many online reviewers were simply schmos like many of us who loved frags and liked talking about them. But this is now their "job" and they will make all review decisions based on garnering views which may or may not reflect their true opinions.

If you watch any of them on a regular basis, it gets incredibly repetitive.

Nah. Have you watched many of his reviews? He's in his mid 40s going on 25 in his frag preferences. He likes MARLY, INITIO and some of the other "clubber" scents.

I am entertained by his reviews, but he has been very dismissive of the kind of scents I like as overly mature.

Surprised you don't like him. He's not an AVENTUS fan and hating on AVENTUS seems to be a passion of yours.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I don't disagree, but he has plenty of followers who sadly think it's all good.
    I wouldn't take it all that seriously.

Jeremy also made a video a long time ago (on his German channel iirc) in which he explained that it doesn't really matter about which topic you do your videos.
    The main thing is that unexpected, interesting, embarrassing, exciting etc. things happen, in such a way that people talk about them. And that's exactly what he's doing now.

A lot of people don't watch his videos because of the reviews, which are hardly available any more. And the 37th "Most Complimented Fragrances" list, which is now published every few days and which always contains the same fragrances in different orders, nobody wants to see either.

But of course with every new clip the viewers ask themselves if something weird or exciting happens again. Meanwhile there are even many "Reaction" videos from his German Youtube colleagues who have even more subscribers and noticed him lately. So Jeremy knows very well what he's doing and makes profit out of all that crazy stuff.
    It even works here on BN, he has his own dedicated thread and it's now on page 65.

Too late. Enough suckers sponsored him already. He knows it, he's set for life. Now the true full unfiltered version of this maniac is available if you want to watch/follow. The years of modeling, dance group, singing ... the frustration that it never made him rich... now he made it. Through colognes and thousands of impressionable boys. These unhinged videos are his middle finger to everyone posting in these forum/reddit/yt threads that saw right through it a hundred miles away. Outcome was so predictable. The guy has waited for this moment... to release.

"Before you by 'X', watch this" series...

The few I watched, all same. "It's good but it's dated.. buy my cologne instead".

20 min

Maybe he just did a review showing what is possible with the Rochas Man bottle he seems to like very much lately.

Exclamation Moderator Communication

This thread cannot continue with all the off-topic posts and several violations of our Code of Conduct. It will be locked until the mods clean up the mess and take the appropriate actions with the offenders.
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami by HermŤs

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64