Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Dependent

Default Re: Mouchoir de Monsieur Discontinued

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    It's not discontinued. See above.
    oh sorry. I didn't see that.

Yay! Good news. I'm still mad at LVMH, though, what with the whole Joy and Jean Patou incident.

Banned

I noticed it wasn't on the site so contacted someone I know who works for Guerlain. She told me that it's simply being repackaged. Though since it's already in a spray bee bottle that sounds ominous; perhaps it's being nudged into one of their 'exclusive' ranges.

UPDATE: I've just visited 68 Champs-Élysées, where both the SA I spoke to and the woman in charge of stock said that they had plentiful supplies of Mouchoir de Monsieur and that it was still very much in production.

Please can we calm it with the discontinuation hysteria? It's getting exhausting.
    Since they have plenty of supplies, why don't they list it on the website? To make sure that their stocks rotten in the warehouse?
    In the US, it's becoming hard to get, and no way to get it for less than $125 (twice what it retailed for last year).
    Currently wearing: Resina by Oliver & Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post
    Since they have plenty of supplies, why don't they list it on the website? To make sure that their stocks rotten in the warehouse?
    In the US, it's becoming hard to get, and no way to get it for less than $125 (twice what it retailed for last year).
    Because they're changing the presentation, maybe? I'm sorry, no one but Guerlain will have the answer to that. We'll just have to wait and see.

By the way, the official RRP here is something like €130/$150. If you managed to get it cheaper last year from online discounters, great, but that kind of supply comes and goes and has little do with Guerlain's official distribution channels.

Basenotes Plus

I noticed it wasn't on the site so contacted someone I know who works for Guerlain. She told me that it's simply being repackaged. Though since it's already in a spray bee bottle that sounds ominous; perhaps it's being nudged into one of their 'exclusive' ranges.

UPDATE: I've just visited 68 Champs-Élysées, where both the SA I spoke to and the woman in charge of stock said that they had plentiful supplies of Mouchoir de Monsieur and that it was still very much in production.

Please can we calm it with the discontinuation hysteria? It's getting exhausting.
    Thank you!
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood
    Currently wearing: Bonheur by Bortnikoff

So, if they are repackaging MdM then we might just see it popping up in TKMaxx in the UK.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    So, if they are repackaging MdM then we might just see it popping up in TKMaxx in the UK.
    ((praying)) lol
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Basenotes Plus

So in an effort to calm my fears about Mouchoir de Monsieur being impossible to find, I was able to acquire a nice circa 1980's-1990's bottle on eBay today (this will be my 3rd bottle of MdM....I love it as much as I love Jicky. Happy to get the 'good stuff'

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Gorgeous! Congrats on your purchase!

Oh gorgeous. That is the same as my bottle which I took to be 90s and bought from Harrods as that was the only place in the UK that sold it then.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Gorgeous! Congrats on your purchase!
    Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Oh gorgeous. That is the same as my bottle which I took to be 90s and bought from Harrods as that was the only place in the UK that sold it then.

Thanks - excited I was able to score it for $100. I expected to pay twice that amount.

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Thanks - excited I was able to score it for $100. I expected to pay twice that amount.
    Wow, that’s a steal! Congrats!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: Shanghai by Lenthéric