Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Louis Vuitton orage

Ended up buying today. Really good. First time I sniffed I wasnít impressed as it seemed too light. Much better this time. I now own this and l immensite from the menís line love them both!

Default Re: Louis Vuitton orage

I went by the store today to inquire about the three upcoming perfumes and picked up more samples of Orage and Au Hazard. I really like Orage and have been considering getting it, but I want to see how the three new ones are first. Unfortunately, they told me they aren't expecting the new ones until the end of April.

Honestly, I don't think any of the Louis Vuitton perfumes make good first impressions. Too bad for others who don't give them more of a chance.
    Currently wearing: French Affair by Ex Nihilo

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Ended up buying today. Really good. First time I sniffed I wasn’t impressed as it seemed too light. Much better this time. I now own this and l immensite from the men’s line love them both!
    Congrats! Own and love them both too.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Junkie

Yeah I recently stopped in at the LV store in a mall and they had a counter with their fragrances setup. I sprayed a card with Orage (reminds me of a sweeter and more loud Oud & Bergamot by Jo Malone) and put it in my wallet. That was in January and I kid you not, it smells fantastic every time I open my wallet to this day. That stuff is potent. I would love to pick a bottle up at some point.

I think that line of LV masculines has been overlooked... some of them are fire

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
    I think that line of LV masculines has been overlooked... some of them are fire
    Agreed,will be picking up Orage,Nouveau Monde,& Ombre Nomade.
    Make It Happen!

Current Top 10 Of All Time
    1.Encens Mythique díOrient
    2.LíHeure Perdue XI
    3.Le Monarque II/Sultanate Of Oman/Pierre de Velay No. 1/Black Cashmere/Pearl Moon/Semi Bespoke 21/Parfum Royale No.1
    4.Candy Aoud/(Dior) Vetiver/Santal Noir/Great Britain/Correspondence/Dasman/Symphonium/Al-Khatt/Nuit de Bekelite/Richwood
    5.Les Sables Roses/Mon Patchouly/1996/EL/Vision In A Dream Psychedelic/Argentium Halo De Lune/Torc/FDB Velvet Amber
    6.LíHeure Mysterieuse XII/Au Hasard/#laislablanca/ Luci Ed Ombre/Tabac Rose/Russian Tea/Oud & Ambre
    7.Opus VI/Prolixe/Jump Up & Kiss Me Hedonistic/Alseif
    8.Le Monarque III/V/MAAI/Malesia/Absolue Pour le Soir/Ganymede
    9.Fetish Parfum Pour Homme/Dhajala
    10.Cuir Intense

Basenotes Junkie

I didn't even know Louis Vuitton made colognes, looking forward to trying them.

ombre nomade ia great, i love it

Quote Originally Posted by d r e View Post
    I didn't even know Louis Vuitton made colognes, looking forward to trying them.
    The men's line is fairly recent. Definitely check them out if you have a LV boutique close by.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Josefm View Post
    ombre nomade ia great, i love it
    I don’t think they had this one at the LV I went to. Do they have it on limited release? I think they had neauvo monde which was the spicy one.

I don’t think they had this one at the LV I went to. Do they have it on limited release? I think they had neauvo monde which was the spicy one.
    Ombre Nomade has very limited distribution. It started as exclusive to a few London stores and the Middle East for a few months last summer. It's available globally now, but it's still only distributed to a handful of stores. The Michigan Avenue flagship in Chicago doesn't even carry it, and the Chicago flagship is one of the stores that carries the runway items. If you have a sales rep at Louis Vuitton, they may be able to order it for you. That's kind of how I lucked out in getting my bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Ombre Nomade has very limited distribution. It started as exclusive to a few London stores and the Middle East for a few months last summer. It's available globally now, but it's still only distributed to a handful of stores. The Michigan Avenue flagship in Chicago doesn't even carry it, and the Chicago flagship is one of the stores that carries the runway items. If you have a sales rep at Louis Vuitton, they may be able to order it for you. That's kind of how I lucked out in getting my bottle.
    +1
    neauvo monde is great too

+1
    neauvo monde is great too
    Yes, I LOVE Nouveau Monde. It is currently my most worn. When I first sampled Ombre Nomade last summer, I actually thought it was very similar to Nouveau Monde. Now that I have had both for a considerable amount of time and have worn them both a great deal, I don't see them as too similar.

I do think that someone who likes Nouveau Monde may also really like Ombre Nomade, though (and vice versa).

Thank you for this info

LV Client Services (toll-free number) can tell you which US LV boutiques carry Ombre Nomade . Just call the boutique that has it and order it directly.

I love the way the LV bottle spray. It’s a nice big diffuse spray

I love the way the LV bottle spray. It’s a nice big diffuse spray
    I like just about everything about the LV bottles. The sprayer is great, the bottle design is nice and clean, the bottle is easy to hold...very nice bottles. I also really like how they'll be making the bottles in different colors for the upcoming Afternoon Swim, Cactus Garden, and Sun Song.

I'm pretty excited to check these out. My SA at Louis Vuitton will be contacting me and getting samples to me as soon as they get them in store.

i had matiere noire ,my girl took it from me, it is very sexy perfume, with oud, its not just for women, give it a try.

Banned

Ended up buying today. Really good. First time I sniffed I wasnít impressed as it seemed too light. Much better this time. I now own this and l immensite from the menís line love them both!
    Thank you for your impressions, based on them Iíll be sure to give both a miss.

Anyone have the Sun Song and if yes, what are your thoughts?
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    Anyone have the Sun Song and if yes, what are your thoughts?
    As I said earlier in the thread, the new collection of fragrances is not out yet. My SA at LV told me that they are not expecting them until the end of April.

I've been teetering on a blind buy...not sure which one I want to go with Orage or Au Hasard. The patchouli heavy description of Orage scares me a bit.

i had matiere noire ,my girl took it from me, it is very sexy perfume, with oud, its not just for women, give it a try.
    It is very potent

I'm pretty excited to check these out.
    As am I. The boutique in my area will be carrying them.

you dont check them before buying?

you dont check them before buying?
    I don't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I don't need to.
    why?
    i have lots of dior la collation privee ,and few of LV ,i really like LV products (perfumes,scarfs,wallets, even bag that i only use it for carry my 1911) but not all their perfumes is useful to me for me, some of them didnt last long enough ,and some of them little boring, so why to buy perfume that not make you excite like other LV perfume?
    im only younger collector(26), but this question is always in my head.

why?
    Because I know that I will like them as I like everything this house produces. Your method might be different and work well for you.

The men’s line is amazing. The women’s line is amazing too and a few are unisex. The scents are expensive but worth the price IMO.

Also the orage is not a patchouli bomb it is very well constructed.

What is the lasting power