Code of Conduct
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    That's a nice watch.

I'm going to wait until my 55th birthday and get another watch then. Totally undecided at this point. 2 years to go!
    Thanks! Good to take time to decide - it'll be worth the wait.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I once joined a watch gang. They kicked me out because I wasn’t timely enough.

Speaking of Seamasters, my only watch is an old one of them. I know little about its history, model details, when it's from, etc. Any input would be interesting. I assume it has a new crystal, at least, but maybe not. I bought it secondhand about a decade ago.

I like the low key look of it, particularly with this informal strap, but it can be dressed up with other straps easily. Should wear it more.

Always running late? I’ve never been to a meeting. Any idea what they gang up and watch?

Buh dum dum tish. Volley
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I'm going to wait until my 55th birthday and get another watch then. Totally undecided at this point. 2 years to go!
    Make it a special one! 55 seems like eons ago for me.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Always running late? I’ve never been to a meeting. Any idea what they gang up and watch?
    This being a gang and all, they prefer Time Bandits and A Clockwork Orange. Also big fans of Watchmen.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    so many men these days seem to prefer large sports watches on metal bracelets.
    I know. Personally don't care for them at all.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Make it a special one! 55 seems like eons ago for me.
    I’ll do my best! You’re forever young to me my friend!
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

Basenotes Plus

This being a gang and all, they prefer Time Bandits and A Clockwork Orange. Also big fans of Watchmen.

BTW, I like your Seamaster. Classic, straightforward, elegant.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

You’re forever young to me my friend!
    You know how to lift one's spirit. You're so very kind.

Dependent

I once joined a watch gang. They kicked me out because I wasn’t timely enough.

Speaking of Seamasters, my only watch is an old one of them. I know little about its history, model details, when it's from, etc. Any input would be interesting. I assume it has a new crystal, at least, but maybe not. I bought it secondhand about a decade ago.

I like the low key look of it, particularly with this informal strap, but it can be dressed up with other straps easily. Should wear it more.

I love that watch. I'd put it on an exotic strap. Definitely wear it more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I know. Personally don't care for them at all.
    Nor do I.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    I'd put it on an exotic strap.
    Agree.

Thanks for the strap input, Prince and Hednic. Any particular straps/strap makers you recommend? I do have a more formal looking light brown leather strap (came with the watch) but I don’t like the shade that much.

Dependent

Thanks for the strap input, Prince and Hednic. Any particular straps/strap makers you recommend? I do have a more formal looking light brown leather strap (came with the watch) but I don’t like the shade that much.
    I don't know enough about straps to recommend a specific maker, but I happen to think that a glossy alligator strap looks especially handsome when paired with a yellow gold dress watch. Something like the strap in the attached image might fit the bill. You may also consider one in black if you tend to wear black shoes/belts often.

6f453ed791b6a4736d93d684606902bd.jpg

Ohh I do like that. Will investigate options. Right now, it’s more of a “jeans and boots” watch/strap, and luckily that’s mainly what I wear these days...but it would be nice to dress it up better.

Any particular straps/strap makers you recommend?
    I agree a glossy alligator in chocolate would look nice as well as a brown anteater or hippo.

Ohh I do like that. Will investigate options. Right now, it’s more of a “jeans and boots” watch/strap, and luckily that’s mainly what I wear these days...but it would be nice to dress it up better.
    Barton makes some great straps.
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford