Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Default Re: My Non-Investment Timepiece Collection!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Very solid and very dependable. I have a Jack Mason Canton that looks like an Omega Aqua Terra steel bracelet watch. Very sleek. So far so good, but find deals, and don’t pay retail.
    Thanks Chuck.

Liking the looks of the Pursuit and Seamount models, will have a shop around.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & B˙zios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by strato View Post
    Nice collection of watches you have hednic
    Thank you very much.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I'm giving hednic my name . Nice time piece collection.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gilmore View Post
    Thanks Chuck.

Liking the looks of the Pursuit and Seamount models, will have a shop around.
    Sounds good. BTW, I own 5 of their watches and I've only paid $90 at the most for any of them. There are deals to be had.
    Currently wearing: Beach Hut Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by allkindsofwatches1 View Post
    I'm giving hednic my name . Nice time piece collection.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Ha ha! Thanks for the kind words. Are you a watch collector yourself?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Erok32 View Post
    Cool...
    Do you happen to be a collector also?

Wow amazing collection!

I'd love to know what watches you're keeping hidden away!

Quote Originally Posted by emtee View Post
    Wow amazing collection!

I'd love to know what watches you're keeping hidden away!
    Thank you for your kind words. I mentioned the brands in a previous post although I didn't mention the models.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I do like Longines. They hit my personal targets for being a bit exclusive but affordable.
    When I was in my 20s, which was a very long time ago, they were regarded as being quite exclusive and not as affordable as they are today. I'm glad I can count their brand as one of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauer_Haus View Post
    I've recently been bitten by the bug and have been very interested in acquiring an entry-level automatic.
    I was wondering if you have been able to find one from the two brands you were considering?

Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    My investment in watches is I like to rescue those vintage tiny ladies' watches that nobody wants and get them tuned up and wear them. I think they're beautiful and miniature works of art.
    Coincidentally, my granddaughter has just recently begun to share your like for those vintage tiny ladies' watches.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Coincidentally, my granddaughter has just recently begun to share your like for those vintage tiny ladies' watches.
    Any specific brands that your granddaughter is partial to? Also asking Fiveoaks.

How nice, hednic! I hope she finds some beauties to wear and enjoy. Do you think she would be willing to show some here?

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    Any specific brands that your granddaughter is partial to? Also asking Fiveoaks.
    I'd like to hear about her favourite brands too.

I have no specific brand focus. The most important thing for me is if the watch keeps good (if not perfect) time. The latest one I found is a Bulova La Petite from 1959. It has something unusual for a tiny watch, one of my favourite watch features, blue steel hands.

50729C02-77EA-409D-8761-F8CA92C77915_1_201_a.jpg
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

I have no specific brand focus. The most important thing for me is if the watch keeps good (if not perfect) time. The latest one I found is a Bulova La Petite from 1959. It has something unusual for a tiny watch, one of my favourite watch features, blue steel hands.

50729C02-77EA-409D-8761-F8CA92C77915_1_201_a.jpg
    I love the hands on that! Bulova makes some nice art deco style watches and vintages can be had for very good prices. Hamilton and Elgin also offer some nice finds.

Do you wear these daily or just with certain outfits?

I love the hands on that! Bulova makes some nice art deco style watches and vintages can be had for very good prices. Hamilton and Elgin also offer some nice finds.

Do you wear these daily or just with certain outfits?
    A vintage watch, worn daily, white or yellow, to go with any jewelry worn. Lately I've been wearing this Bulova a lot and, to go with gold-tone jewelry, a Cyma-Tavannes.

Do you wear vintage watches, PrinceRF?

Do you wear vintage watches, PrinceRF?
    No. I do appreciate watches, but haven't really delved into the hobby yet.

I do appreciate watches, but haven't really delved into the hobby yet.
    You're young. There's plenty of time for you.

You're young. There's plenty of time for you.

Lately I've been wearing this Bulova a lot
    Very nice!

Very nice!
    Thank you!

How nice, hednic! I hope she finds some beauties to wear and enjoy. Do you think she would be willing to show some here?
    I will ask her and see if she is willing.

Any specific brands that your granddaughter is partial to?
    I believe she is partial to Longines and Geneve.