Code of Conduct
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Teone Reinthal

Default Re: Teone Reinthal

I’m probably overlooking the obvious, but what is PDF?
    Favorites (in no specific order):
    Fjerne (Slumberhouse)
    MAAI (Bogue)
    Bond T (Sammarco)
    Santos (vintage) (Cartier)
    Feu Secret (Fazzolari) and New Sibet (Slumberhouse)
    Eau d'Hermes (vintage) (Hermes)
    Ruh (original) (Pekji)
    Realoud (Phoenicia)
    Oud Picante (Areej LeDore)
    Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    R de Capucci (Capucci)
    Patchouli Nobile (Nobile 1942)

All Is Beautiful

FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Swoleiosis View Post
    If you go to PDF in person you can usually save even more
    According to teone's insta pdf is getting a shipment of the new releases in a week or two, and hopefully restocking some others. Since I didn't like the OG bulgokov I have one less thing to sample, but I need to go there and try out the 4 incense based releases and the other animalics.

I think my final purchase of 2021 will be EO3 or tantra / taif rose. I don't own any rose scents, maybe one of those 3 will stand out to me.
    Lol. I think the airfare is gonna negate those savings quickly for me. But good to know if I'm in the area.

Basenotes Plus

One additional question...is there a difference between Wan Chai '21 and those listed on reseller sites?

Basenotes Plus

Pulled the trigger on a full bottle of Aguru this evening, and then 5ml atomizers of Wan Chai, Francois and Pagan Narcissus from Parfums de France.

THEN grabbed a bottle of Bulgakov from Lucky Scent. My wallet hurts.

Got my bottles of Embers 21, Lemon Blossom, and Bitter Sweet. Looking forward to trying them all. I was wondering about D'Aguilar...any thoughts on that one from those who've worn it?
    Currently wearing: Musk Khabib by Bortnikoff

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    Got my bottles of Embers 21, Lemon Blossom, and Bitter Sweet. Looking forward to trying them all. I was wondering about D'Aguilar...any thoughts on that one from those who've worn it?
    I very much like D'Aguilar, but it wasn't a love at first sniff.

The opening is sharp to the point of being abrasive. It almost rivals my Ferre for Man, but it doesn't smell like a cat sprayed me after gorging on bergamot. This is more like acid and medicinal-grade lavender. That opening put me off at first, but much like Ferre for Man, it is well worth it.

On me, it wears close, but also wears really long for such a light scent. It's an all day affair for me (a solid 12 hours), capping with a very nice soft green vetiver drydown. Throughout the day I get wafts of lemon, lavender, a little oakmoss, and light florals (chamomile?).

I reached for it equally alongside Creed's Vetiver Geranium and ALD's Santal Galore as my hot-weather staples. It's unique and fun to me. It never turns in the heat, and almost feels like a respite. Also totally office safe/people pleasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Singularious View Post

The opening is sharp to the point of being abrasive. It almost rivals my Ferre for Man, but it doesn't smell like a cat sprayed me after gorging on bergamot. This is more like acid and medicinal-grade lavender. That opening put me off at first, but much like Ferre for Man, it is well worth it.

On me, it wears close, but also wears really long for such a light scent. It's an all day affair for me (a solid 12 hours), capping with a very nice soft green vetiver drydown. Throughout the day I get wafts of lemon, lavender, a little oakmoss, and light florals (chamomile?).

I reached for it equally alongside Creed's Vetiver Geranium and ALD's Santal Galore as my hot-weather staples. It's unique and fun to me. It never turns in the heat, and almost feels like a respite. Also totally office safe/people pleasing.
    Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing these thoughts on D'Aguilar. I'm thinking about adding it.

100% agree

Currently wearing: Kyara by Di Ser

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Pulled the trigger on a full bottle of Aguru this evening, and then 5ml atomizers of Wan Chai, Francois and Pagan Narcissus from Parfums de France.

THEN grabbed a bottle of Bulgakov from Lucky Scent. My wallet hurts.
    5ML at PDF are a nice portion to help the wallet and to gain a better appreciation of new scents.

It's great to have trnp samples delivered in under a week. No $40 DHL charge isn't bad either!

Does anyone know the lore about the "lavish amount of sandalwood added" to taif rose? It was the 25 yr mysore added to embers 21, right? The same amount too? Did Tantra also get the 25 yr mysore?
    My sale / swap thread. TRNP bottles and swaps, UPDATED 8/31/21

hi how do i get the 20% discount on pdf?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ain soph aur View Post
    hi how do i get the 20% discount on pdf?
    I think you have to sign up to their email list but pretty sure SAVE20 will do it.

Has anyone here tried the special release Embers 21 Limited Edition

From Pdp?

Is it worth picking up before it's out of stock? I haven't tried any if the Embers yet so I'd be jumping in blind.

Thanks for any info.

Sent from my XQ-BC62 using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

SD, you inspired me to wear D'Aguilar today. A rich, lemony experience in a hot day. Very calming and comforting.

Note that Lucky Scent has marked up the price considerably on the limited editions, and it's cheaper to buy directly from TRNP even after factoring in the cost of shipping.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Big list of niche splits.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    Note that Lucky Scent has marked up the price considerably on the limited editions, and it's cheaper to buy directly from TRNP even after factoring in the cost of shipping.
    This is true if you're ordering more than one thing, for sure. Good call out. Bulkagov was a wash ordered alone.

Even alone, it's cheaper to buy from TRNP: $250 (TRNP) vs $260 (Lucky Scent).
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Big list of niche splits.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    Even alone, it's cheaper to buy from TRNP: $250 (TRNP) vs $260 (Lucky Scent).
    Yup. Apparently I can't do math. Lost myself 10 bucks.

SD, you inspired me to wear D'Aguilar today. A rich, lemony experience in a hot day. Very calming and comforting.
    Sounds like it's very nice! How does D'Aguilar compare to Lemon Blossom?

Basenotes Plus

Sounds like it's very nice! How does D'Aguilar compare to Lemon Blossom?
    Wish I could tell you! Haven't tried the latter, but hopefully someone here has tried both.

Wanted to call out all people who recommended Polynesia as a must smell- I went ahead and grabbed a bottle - so far only wore a couple of times but it is fabulous- best use of mint and the texture manages to convey that tropical humidity without being suffocating. Would like to add my voice to those that have gushed over it before!

Sounds like it's very nice! How does D'Aguilar compare to Lemoni Blossom?
    I wouldn't compare the two. I think D'Aguilar is more related to Fleurs Sauvages and Earth and Sky, the airy, herbal, cold chamomile and geranium styles.
    My sale / swap thread. TRNP bottles and swaps, UPDATED 8/31/21

Lemon Blossom and D'Aguilar are both bright and suitable for warm days. But Lemon Blossom has an effervescent and brilliant citrus beginning, and then slowly expanded more abundant white flowers, tropical yellow floral with rich creaminess. Intoxicating.

D'Aguilar is a calm,cool herbal scent, almost feels translucent, like weaving the delicate silver glimmer and green together. It have no many big flowers, but like much herbaceous wild flowers in the breeze. More like an unconventional fougere.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Dava View Post
    Lemon Blossom and D'Aguilar are both bright and suitable for warm days. But Lemon Blossom has an effervescent and brilliant citrus beginning, and then slowly expanded more abundant white flowers, tropical yellow floral with rich creaminess. Intoxicating.

D'Aguilar is a calm,cool herbal scent, almost feels translucent, like weaving the delicate silver glimmer and green together. It have no many big flowers, but like much herbaceous wild flowers in the breeze. More like an unconventional fougere.
    "An unconventional fougere" is a really elegant way of describing it. Love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dava View Post

I wore Lemon Blossom today and it is such an excellent fragrance. I agree with your assessment above. Excellent citrus that transitions into white florals, then the creamy yellow florals. It really is special and I absolutely love it!

Been reading about Jasmine Yuzu and it sounds like one I need to try. Anyone have experience with the newest version? Sounds like the original was more feminine, but Teone says on her website that this newest version is more of a masculine floral. Like I mentioned, sounds like one I'd like to try for sure...
    Last edited by Scent Detective; 18th September 2021 at 04:31 AM.

can anyone tell me how long do these bottles expect to last for shelf life being that they are all natural? was thinking of getting a couple bottles but dont want them to spoil if i dont use them up quickly. thanks!

All Is Beautiful

Been reading about Jasmine Yuzu and it sounds like one I need to try. Anyone have experience with the newest version? Sounds like the original was more feminine, but Teone says on her website that this newest version is more of a masculine floral. Like I mentioned, sounds like one I'd like to try for sure...
    I’m sure they will last for decades. They will change but should still be fine.

All Is Beautiful

Iím sure they will last for decades. They will change but should still be fine.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast