Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Creed Millesime Imperial recent batches impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Robert G. View Post
    Blingy for sure but it fits the scent perfectly.
    Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I don't think the current golden bottle matches the scent that well.

The bottle is a beauty but, when I look at it, I imagine the fragrance of a wealthy man. Something that smells opulent, expensive, formal, sophisticated and, in my humble opinion, current MI formula does not match that profile: it is airy, subtle, versatile, yet unique and very appealing.

I think the golden bottle packaging would fit better with something like Royal Oud which certainly smells a lot more rich/expensive ... I even think the other way round: the current Royal Oud bottle would be good for MI

Quote Originally Posted by aquarel View Post
    Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I don't think the current golden bottle matches the scent that well.

The bottle is a beauty but, when I look at it, I imagine the fragrance of a wealthy man. Something that smells opulent, expensive, formal, sophisticated and, in my humble opinion, current MI formula does not match that profile: it is airy, subtle, versatile, yet unique and very appealing.

I think the golden bottle packaging would fit better with something like Royal Oud which certainly smells a lot more rich/expensive ... I even think the other way round: the current Royal Oud bottle would be good for MI
    RO sure is opulent and rich smelling. Glad to have it in my collection. I’ve read it’s been toned down a bit. Mine are the original release 75 ml bottles. Not as easy wearing as MI but very lovely perfume nonetheless. I get a very fragrant pipe tobacco impression every time I wear it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    It didn't quite seem as ostentatious back in the 90s...just distinctive. Set it apart from other CREEDS.

This thread reminds me of a Basenoter guy back around 10 years who was CRAZY about MILLESIME IMPERIAL. Loved the gold bottles. Posted about it all the time. He had twenty-four bottles of it in a dresser drawer and was looking to buy more.

His wife was imploring him to stop and he was trying to get Basenoters to back him up on this clearly unhealthy obsession.

Now, many of us are a tad nutty about frags, but everyone was like "DUDE-STOP!"

I wonder if any older Basenoters remember that guy....
    Haha that’s great. I’d love to know how his collection ended up!
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator

Quote Originally Posted by eriqesque View Post
    The IFRA has done more damage to the fragrance industry than (...)
    It should be obvious that this is too simple an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by aquarel View Post
    Sounds interesting, as my major complain about Rush of Unicorns was that it is very strong.
    I have not experienced any fragrance discussed here, however this would seem like a bit of a curious complaint considering that even in the earliest available reviews here the aspect of strength is mentioned, however in these same reviews a natural ambergris is mentioned multiple times, even though others mention an ambroxan aproximation, and considering that the amount and location of sprays as well as the spray method, such as spraying upwards and moving into the approximate movement of the mist, are available to the wearer. I have been considering these last days now whether I should introduce myself to seemingly another debatable fragrance situation and one at about a hundred and seventy bucks for one hundred millilitres of the current version of the original after discounts. I would be inclined to try out the unicorns and while this is not meant in the vein of mindless consumerism, however with about a hundred and five bucks including shipping for fifty millilitres, reduced payment methods and a costly return process, it introduces its own challenges.

18D01 is what I received. It’s very light, but I’m going to give it some time. I have found Creeds pick up strength over time.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    18D01 is what I received. It’s very light, but I’m going to give it some time. I have found Creeds pick up strength over time.
    I got my bottle (18K01) in 2019 and now, more than a year later, the improvement in both strengh and smell is clearly noticeable. I think I started to detect signiticant changes in 3-4 months, but I suppose the longer the wait the better the juice will get

Quote Originally Posted by Latency View Post
    Add me to the list of people who never got melon from Millésime Impérial. It's always been Lemon/Salt/Musk for me.
    This makes me wonder how reviews where this fragrance not only has been described as decidedly sophisticated but in one instance, quite sloppily if you ask me but then again you did not, as a baby maker, could be explained. And I mean beyond it seeming as if not few tend to claim many things. Perhaps it has to do with how musk, and probably the inane associations which are superimposed onto its synthetic approximations, seems to simply not impress me if not get on my nerves.

Basenotes Plus

I got a couple ml official sample of MI, I just don't get what the fuss is about. It is just such a bland fragrance, boring in profile and short lived. People say that they want Milestone, since it is a better performing MI, but so I can be boring for longer? I just don't get it.
    I smell.
    Currently wearing: Zizan by Ormonde Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    I got a couple ml official sample of MI, I just don't get what the fuss is about. It is just such a bland fragrance, boring in profile and short lived. People say that they want Milestone, since it is a better performing MI, but so I can be boring for longer? I just don't get it.
    LOL

There's a refreshing bluntness about you.
    I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

I definitely got this with some of the more recent MI bottles, a very lack luster scent. On the older hand the older bottles had more depth and lasted significantly longer particularly the ambergris and sea salt at the base.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Creeds aren't as good as they used to be.

Blasphemy! MI is anything but boring to me. It’s actually a near perfect fragrance, to me, lol

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Personally I find the quality of the Creeds that are out now to be very good although most of mine in my collection are originals including Creed Millesime Imperial
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3