Code of Conduct
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
Results 481 to 498 of 498
  1. #481
    ToughCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southlake, Tx
    Posts
    4,834

    Default Re: Beau de Jour to become part of Tom Ford's signature line?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I can, too. Love the stuff.
    Yes my Newer bottle was first time I got the cut grass.

    As for BDJ, Viking etc...I love the old school throw back scents like these
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

  2. #482
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    9,066

    Default Re: Beau de Jour to become part of Tom Ford's signature line?

    Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Yes my Newer bottle was first time I got the cut grass.

    As for BDJ, Viking etc...I love the old school throw back scents like these
    As do I. JB Jack Black fits this mold as well. Certain aspects of Dior Homme 20 are why I like it as well.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

  3. #483

    Default Re: Beau de Jour to become part of Tom Ford's signature line?

    Got my full bottle in the mail yesterday and wore it today. Good stuff. It's nice to have the full bottle, but the bottle and atomizer itself aren't too impressive, especially compared to the bottle and magnetic cap for Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum. I think that's my #1 favorite bottle/cap/atomizer.

    Anyway, this is a great scent. It didn't seem as potent as my sample, so I'm curious to see if it macerates with time and use.



    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

  4. #484
    All about the masculines.
    speckmann0706's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,284

    Default Re: Beau de Jour to become part of Tom Ford's signature line?

    Quote Originally Posted by smellyD View Post
    Got my full bottle in the mail yesterday and wore it today. Good stuff. It's nice to have the full bottle, but the bottle and atomizer itself aren't too impressive, especially compared to the bottle and magnetic cap for Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum. I think that's my #1 favorite bottle/cap/atomizer.

    Anyway, this is a great scent. It didn't seem as potent as my sample, so I'm curious to see if it macerates with time and use.



    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Nice picture! I’d like to get my nose on this one soon sounds right up my alley.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

  5. #485
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    9,066

    Default Re: Beau de Jour to become part of Tom Ford's signature line?

    Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Nice picture! I’d like to get my nose on this one soon sounds right up my alley.
    Eau Sauvage Parfum? Yeah man, it's an all time great for sure. And the bottle, cap, and sprayer are the best, too.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

  6. #486
    All about the masculines.
    speckmann0706's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,284

    Default Re: Beau de Jour to become part of Tom Ford's signature line?

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Eau Sauvage Parfum? Yeah man, it's an all time great for sure. And the bottle, cap, and sprayer are the best, too.
    Beau De Jour “Signature”, I tried the Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017 many times just couldn’t bond with it. It felt hollow compared to the 2012 version imo. I missed the awesome sale everyone got on the 100ml Beau de Jour Signature haha, in time I will snag a bottle.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

  7. #487

    Default Re: Beau de Jour to become part of Tom Ford's signature line?

    Patiently waiting on my bottle from Saks to show up. That sale was too good to resist doing a blind buy for this one. Hoping this one turns out to be a winner for me!

  8. #488

    Default Re: Beau de Jour to become part of Tom Ford's signature line?

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Eau Sauvage Parfum? Yeah man, it's an all time great for sure. And the bottle, cap, and sprayer are the best, too.
    Yeah, ESP might be underrated in terms of its lavender note in the mid. I picked up on it a lot more after wearing BdJ. The mid is amazing with lavender, vetiver, and hedione. And the entire fragrance feels like it's lightly "frosted" with a mild vanilla sweetness throughout. I'm starting to wear it more and more without regard for occasion (just casually with shorts and a t-shirt). After wearing it a lot, I don't get the impression that it's too mature or formal.

    Just curious, but have you noticed any maceration in BdJ over time?

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

  9. #489
    Dependent Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    9,066

    Default Re: Beau de Jour to become part of Tom Ford's signature line?

    Quote Originally Posted by smellyD View Post
    Yeah, ESP might be underrated in terms of its lavender note in the mid. I picked up on it a lot more after wearing BdJ. The mid is amazing with lavender, vetiver, and hedione. And the entire fragrance feels like it's lightly "frosted" with a mild vanilla sweetness throughout. I'm starting to wear it more and more without regard for occasion (just casually with shorts and a t-shirt). After wearing it a lot, I don't get the impression that it's too mature or formal.

    Just curious, but have you noticed any maceration in BdJ over time?

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I haven't worn it enough to say for sure. But I did wear it a few weeks back and it was pretty loud and lasted alllll day. I may have gone a spray or two overboard though.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

  10. #490
    Dependent
    ILikePeeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    T̛e̢x͡as͜
    Posts
    6,969

    Default Re: Beau de Jour to become part of Tom Ford's signature line?

    Very nice stuff. I bought the Private Blend bottle the other day with main intention to re-sell; but I decided to keep it after wearing it to work. Damn nice stuff, and it's put me on a kind of path to venture further into more aromatics/fougeres, as previously they were 'okay' to me.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: Pasha by Cartier

  11. #491
    Dependent MattJP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,790

    Default Re: Beau de Jour to become part of Tom Ford's signature line?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    Patiently waiting on my bottle from Saks to show up. That sale was too good to resist doing a blind buy for this one. Hoping this one turns out to be a winner for me!
    Mine was delivered today!
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

  12. #492

    Default Re: Beau de Jour to become part of Tom Ford's signature line?

    Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Very nice stuff. I bought the Private Blend bottle the other day with main intention to re-sell; but I decided to keep it after wearing it to work. Damn nice stuff, and it's put me on a kind of path to venture further into more aromatics/fougeres, as previously they were 'okay' to me.
    I like Beau de Jour but I cannot buy it, because I know it's mainly the slick ad that draws me in.

    o.59085.jpg

  13. #493

    Default Re: Beau de Jour to become part of Tom Ford's signature line?

    Quote Originally Posted by MattJP View Post
    Mine was delivered today!
    Pretty sure mine was sent on horseback. Took a week to go from Pennsylvania to Indiana, where it has sat since Monday with no shipping updates. Unusual for a FedEx package to go so slowly.

  14. #494
    Dependent slpfrsly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,940

    Default Re: Beau de Jour to become part of Tom Ford's signature line?

    Quote Originally Posted by smellyD View Post

    Just curious, but have you noticed any maceration in BdJ over time?
    No, but performance is massive anyway. I regularly get 10+ hours and you don't need more than 3-4 sprays to get good projection for most of that.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  15. #495

    Default Re: Beau de Jour to become part of Tom Ford's signature line?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    Pretty sure mine was sent on horseback. Took a week to go from Pennsylvania to Indiana, where it has sat since Monday with no shipping updates. Unusual for a FedEx package to go so slowly.
    I recently had two blazers sit at the local PO for a week. I finally went in and picked them up. It's ridiculous right now.

  16. #496
    Dependent MattJP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,790

    Default Re: Beau de Jour to become part of Tom Ford's signature line?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    Pretty sure mine was sent on horseback. Took a week to go from Pennsylvania to Indiana, where it has sat since Monday with no shipping updates. Unusual for a FedEx package to go so slowly.
    Mine did the same thing! And the sender was in in Pa.!
    Currently wearing: Beau de Jour by Tom Ford

  17. #497

    Default Re: Beau de Jour to become part of Tom Ford's signature line?

    Nothing intensifies the guilt of an impulse blind buy like spending money and then having nothing in hand for weeks on end!

  18. #498

    Default Re: Beau de Jour to become part of Tom Ford's signature line?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    Nothing intensifies the guilt of an impulse blind buy like spending money and then having nothing in hand for weeks on end!
    The thrill is completely gone by the time you get it!
    Current Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    Creed Royal Oud
    Armani Prive Myrrhe Imperiale
    Amouage Jubilation XXV
    MFK Grand Soir
    Roja Dove Elysium Cologne
    MDCI Invasion Barbare
    Amouage Interlude Man
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais
    Currently wearing: XJ 1861 Naxos by Xerjoff




Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Similar Threads

  1. Tom Ford Beau de Jour
    By Scentologist in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 15th August 2020, 04:13 AM
  2. Beau de Jour by Tom Ford (Private Blend)
    By mikeperez23 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 20th March 2020, 02:24 PM
  3. Tom Ford to launch Beau de Jour
    By Basenotes Robot in forum Article Comments
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23rd January 2019, 03:31 PM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 9th May 2015, 03:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000