Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Omg omg omg dior Fahrenheit parfum

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    So which one was a disappointment? Fahrenheit Le Parfum or Fahrenheit Absolute?
    For me: both.

The Parfum has too much of sweet cloying vanilla for me, and they used the same rasperry/leather note as in Tuscan Leather & Co that I hate. But at least, one can smell the Parfum for more than 10min, and if one likes the notes (younger crowds imo), it could be a good option (even if not great imo).

As for Absolute, the late drydown has a nice woody tobacco note, but that's it. But in order to get there, you'll need the patience to go through the top notes (forgettable shadow of the original) and the heart notes (poor mainstream ambery mess common to many low-tier frags). The poor projection doesn't help either. Definitely not worth the big bucks asked on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by tracerbullet View Post
    Also, where can I reliably buy Fahrenheit Parfum new?
    Plenty of offers on eBay as well as online discounters

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the frenchy View Post

The Parfum has too much of sweet cloying vanilla for me, and they used the same rasperry/leather note as in Tuscan Leather & Co that I hate. But at least, one can smell the Parfum for more than 10min, and if one likes the notes (younger crowds imo), it could be a good option (even if not great imo).
    Parfum could get cloying if you overspray or wear it in hot weather environment. Have experienced that, too.

I mostly wear it in autumn and winter and not more than 4 sprays max. Works very nice then!
    I love the vanilla in Fahrenheit Parfum - for me it's one of the best in the designer game.
    And I get more leather with the Fahrenheit EDT.

You could also use only 2 sprays of Parfum and layer it with the EDT to get best of both worlds.
    But I personally prefer wearing them separately.

Parfum could get cloying if you overspray or wear it in hot weather environment. Have experienced that, too.

I mostly wear it in autumn and winter and not more than 4 sprays max. Works very nice then!
    I love the vanilla in Fahrenheit Parfum - for me it's one of the best in the designer game.
    And I get more leather with the Fahrenheit EDT.

You could also use only 2 sprays of Parfum and layer it with the EDT to get best of both worlds.
    But I personally prefer wearing them separately.
    Thanks for your advice, but I'm not a fan of pastry-like vanilla, and when I need some, I reach for more interesting frags. (same criticism for Costume National Soul, in example: starts great, but ends with cloying vanilla. Here unfortunately, it doesn;t even start great to my nose). As I said, the other thing is that they use the - now mainstream - rasperry/leather aromachemical in the heart notes, that I dislike. And I find the booze note here just boorish and unrefined. Also, I don;t know why it has been marketed as a Fahrenheit flanker, since I could not identify any similarity with the original EdT. The first 2 min maybe, with the weak violet note? Not my style, at all.

In my book, when a frag needs to be layered in order to shine, it just means that they didn't do a good job. But again, thanks for sharing your thoughts on that one!

In my book, when a frag needs to be layered in order to shine, it just means that they didn't do a good job. But again, thanks for sharing your thoughts on that one!
    I absolutely agree with you on this. I'm personally not a big fan of layering but in this case with Fahrenheit Parfum & EDT I know some guys doing this and it works for them.

I do get the Fahrenheit "gasoline" vibe with the Parfum, but it's tamed down.
    And I get why people find it to be too sweet or even cloying.

If someone is a die hard fan of the original EDT it does not necessarly means that he will enjoy the Parfum.
    I totally see that, so it's just my recommendation to give it a try.
    For me both, the EDT and the Parfum are fantastic scents and worth owning - same with Dior Homme EDT and Dior Homme Parfum.

For me both, the EDT and the Parfum are fantastic scents and worth owning - same with Dior Homme EDT and Dior Homme Parfum.
    I will respectfully disagree with that statement. F EdT is a piece of history, F Parfum will probably disappear like it appeared: anonymously.

Dior Homme? I own a 50ml that I barely touched it. Never been a huge fan of Dior Homme tbh. It's my interviewing scent: nice, crowdpleasing and barely noticeable. I agree that DH Parfum is a huge improvement on DH EdT, and keeps its DNA. Not the case with Fahrenheit Parfum imo. Question of tastes!

I will respectfully disagree with that statement. F EdT is a piece of history, F Parfum will probably disappear like it appeared: anonymously.

Dior Homme? I own a 50ml that I barely touched it. Never been a huge fan of Dior Homme tbh. It's my interviewing scent: nice, crowdpleasing and barely noticeable. I agree that DH Parfum is a huge improvement on DH EdT, and keeps its DNA. Not the case with Fahrenheit Parfum imo. Question of tastes!
    Of course tastes matter.
    I don't see neither Fahrenheit Parfum nor DHP as an improvement on the EDT versions - they both are just different takes on a certain scent profile.
    I enjoy both for different occasions.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Is it loud? Is it sweet or extremely fresh? Does it have a huge vanilla, fake woods, or ambroxan base? Will everyone know you're poppin' that collar from 2 blocks over? Will it induce fight or flight responses from other males? If the answer to these questions is yes, then it's for the "bros". XD
    This is great - as I'm strolling through various threads enjoying my Sunday morning cup of coffee I read your post. Thanks for the laugh! Appreciate your humor.
    "And I am a weapon of massive consumption
    and its not my fault its how I'm program to function"
    Currently wearing: Tabaceau by Mona di Orio

everyday i'm samplin'

Fahrenheit EDT > Fahrenheit Parfum
    I smell.
    Currently wearing: O/E by Bogue Profumo

As for Absolute, the late drydown has a nice woody tobacco note, but that's it. But in order to get there, you'll need the patience to go through the top notes (forgettable shadow of the original) and the heart notes (poor mainstream ambery mess common to many low-tier frags). The poor projection doesn't help either. Definitely not worth the big bucks asked on eBay.
    Same here, can’t stand any of this 2, there is a reason why no longer around, edt will be around as long as Dior is in business.........
    1976 - Yatagan Caron
    1977 - Snuff by Schiaparelli
    1981 - Kouros YSL
    1988 - Fahrenheit Dior
    1980 - Patou Pour Homme
    1987 - Lapidus Pour Homme
    1981 - Quorum Antonio Puig
    1993 - Insense by Givenchy
    2014 - Dior Homme Parfum
    1987 - Ho Hang Club Balenciaga

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    This guy gets it! I do like Pafum and I'm glad I picked it up, but the original is arguably the greatest scent ever made. I don't think these flankers will ever outdo the original, more than anything they just need to live up to the name and prestige of the original and not be an embarrassment to the Fahrenheit name. So far that has been hit or miss, depending on one's personal taste.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    the original is arguably the greatest scent ever made
    On of the greatest for sure!
    I'm glad I've already bought my backup bottles of the EDT.
    Who knows what Dior is thinking to do with it in future...

I've been wanting to collect a few flankers but the negativity over them makes me unsure.
    Sometime this year, I'm hoping to get the Absolute, Parfum, or maybe Aqua?
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    or maybe Aqua?
    I had the Aqua and sold it.
    Can't stand that weird cucumber like smell.
    For me the newer Cologne is better. But certainly not as good as the original EDT.

I had the Aqua and sold it.
    Can't stand that weird cucumber like smell.
    For me the newer Cologne is better. But certainly not as good as the original EDT.
    I wonder if they'll try to put out another flanker someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Sometime this year, I'm hoping to get the Absolute
    You're on for a big disappointment (read my earlier post). You've been warned!

You're on for a big disappointment (read my earlier post). You've been warned!
    If I have to pay some crazy amount then it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    YES! If the EDT had a little more amber or vanilla, oh man, that would be heaven!
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    YES! If the EDT had a little more amber or vanilla, oh man, that would be heaven!
    EDT is perfect as it is
    1976 - Yatagan Caron
    1977 - Snuff by Schiaparelli
    1981 - Kouros YSL
    1988 - Fahrenheit Dior
    1980 - Patou Pour Homme
    1987 - Lapidus Pour Homme
    1981 - Quorum Antonio Puig
    1993 - Insense by Givenchy
    2014 - Dior Homme Parfum
    1987 - Ho Hang Club Balenciaga

Quote Originally Posted by peter4ptv View Post
    EDT is perfect as it is
    Indeed! One of the exceptions when the perfect could be even more perfect (it would be closer to the original formula).
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    You could layer a spray of the Parfum with two of the EDT.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Now Cameron from Carolina Fragrance Reviews did a review of Fahrenheit Parfum:

I feel dumber having watched that.
    Fahrenheit Parfum is mind blowing for anyone that prefers to buy their fragrances from a mall.
    Not as interesting as the EDT, but is denser and sweeter, more ambery than the woody original.
    My opinions in weblog form: FragranceReviewer.com
    Fragrance Sales: eBay Store | Basenotes
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Then please watch Super Dacob's review which I've linked on the first page.
    It's a completely different approch to Fahrenheit Parfum.

Of course the best for anyone who haven't tried it so far is to make up an own opinion.
    But I don't know if it's widely available in the US.
    And Cam's review doesn't hurt anyway. I'm happy that there are new popular reviewers who recommend that great scent.

Personally, I quite enjoy the parfum version.

Then please watch Super Dacob's review which I've linked on the first page.
    I'm good, thanks.
    I used to review on youtube myself, but the content coming out of youtube turns my stomach to the point where I want nothing to do with it.
    I've stopped reviewing on youtube or any platform altogether right now because it seems people are more influenced by hype than anyone with a long running, credible opinion.
    My opinions in weblog form: FragranceReviewer.com
    Fragrance Sales: eBay Store | Basenotes
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    I'm good, thanks.
    I used to review on youtube myself, but the content coming out of youtube turns my stomach to the point where I want nothing to do with it.
    I've stopped reviewing on youtube or any platform altogether right now because it seems people are more influenced by hype than anyone with a long running, credible opinion.
    I personally haven't noticed any hype around Fahrenheit Parfum. Even Jeremy said in one of his videos that he doesn't like it because it's too strong.

In regards to Cam's review - he said he wore the OG Fahrenheit EDT as a 16 yo kid, so I guess he has his history and memories with Fahrenheit and I truly believe him when he enjoys the Parfum now which has a certain resemblance of the EDT. I don't see there's credibility missing.

You could argue about if the review would even be better if he's diving more into the scent itself - but every reviewer has his own style so you just need to find one which you enjoy watching. I'm sure there are such ones out there.

Basenotes Plus

Picked up a tester of Fahrenheit Parfum from Fragrancnet 9C01.
    Picked up a bottle from Cosmetics Now 9F01 .
    I have a sample from a bottle of the EDT from way back.
    Just sprayed the 9F01 on the left wrist . going to spray from the sample on the right .
    Well, umm, wish I had the original from back then.
    Maybe it's because the bottle of the EDT had lot's of time to macerate , but it just seems thicker ,
    more rounded , complete.
    I sampled both the new EDT and the older EDT . The older wins by a large margin.
    The new EDT seems thin and almost transparent .
    Found a bottle of Hermes D'Orange Vert from 2010 for $15 almost full . Like it much more than the newer concentre .
    Maybe I'll get lucky again with an older Fahrenheit EDT.
    Oh, I like the parfum, but druthers would be.
    Last edited by JBS1; 18th January 2020 at 02:07 PM. Reason: cnatspeeel

Quote Originally Posted by JBS1 View Post
    I sampled both the new EDT and the older EDT . The older wins by a large margin.
    The new EDT seems thin and almost transparent .
    Have you seen my thread about the new 2019 Fahrenheit EDT formulation?

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/468...r-2019-12948-A

Firstly I also thought it was weaker, but now as it has aged a little bit I get easily over 10 hours of performance.
    And I wear it more than the 2018 one (which was more like the vintage OG) because I like that bumped up mandarin/bergamot and violet so much. I don't mind that it's a little bit less leathery.

I don't know if I would wear FLP in the summer, but I agree it is a great fragrance. Sharp and fiery, and it lasts a looong time. Well worth the money.
    Gather ye pearls while the hog walks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast